Tokyo Disney - What are your favourite restaurants?

Disneymummyuk

Earning My Ears
We have a trip to Tokyo planned in May and I am trying to plan possible restaurant options .

Anyone that has been to the parks in Tokyo before what are your favourite sit down (table service) restaurants including any at the resorts.

From my research I am thinking of

1. Blue Bayou Or the Diamond horseshoe dinner show for our day at Disneyland.
2. Magellan’s for our DisneySea day.
3. Oceania Miracosta resort for our non Disney day
4. Chef mickeys dinner for another non Disney day

Of course the above are dependant on whether we can get those reservations!

Any other suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks .. it’s good to know that there will be good counter service options too when we can’t get the dining we want.

We have a trip to Tokyo planned in May and I am trying to plan possible restaurant options .

Anyone that has been to the parks in Tokyo before what are your favourite sit down (table service) restaurants including any at the resorts.

I'm glad you are asking about some of these as I'm curious as well. I know for sure I want to do Magellan's. I would love to do breakfast at Chef Mickey's but I read it's only available for guests staying at the Ambassador Hotel so I'm looking at either lunch or dinner. I'm wondering if Oceania is worth the expense as well. It would be nice to have a dinner at the Miracosta.

I'm glad you are asking about some of these as I'm curious as well. I know for sure I want to do Magellan's. I would love to do breakfast at Chef Mickey's but I read it's only available for guests staying at the Ambassador Hotel so I'm looking at either lunch or dinner. I'm wondering if Oceania is worth the expense as well. It would be nice to have a dinner at the Miracosta.

I have heard it is good but no idea of it will
Be worth it! Tbh one of the main reasons I wanted to try Oceania’s is that I heard if u dine there during a “Disney sea” show like fantastic you are allowed onto the balcony to watch show. A bit like California grill wdw. So if anyone knows if this info is correct?? Thanks

If you don't get reservations for Diamond Horseshoe before you go, that one is not going to happen.

You need reservations for Magellan's as well but at least you have a chance of booking day-of. Same with Blue Bayou.

Oceano does have a balcony but it gets very crowded & sometimes you have to know to ask for it. Unlike CG, you have to actually be eating there at the time of the show. You can't eat earlier & come back. The food is very good & it's easier to get in there than some of the other places you mentioned. Still, you will need day-of reservations.

(I just saw on another thread that you have a 4yo - please note that your child's view will likely be blocked if you don't hold him/her.)

Also consider tea at the Dreamers Lounge in the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. You don't need reservations, and it's really nice.

Of the ones in OP's listed, our favourite is Magellan's.

In terms of sit-down, table service restaurants, we've done Blue Bayou, Ristorante di Canaletto, SS Columbia Dining Room and Magellan's. We've also done Crystal Palace Restaurant, but that's a buffet, not table service (even for drinks). As noted, Magellan's is our favourite and Ristorante would probably come in second. We weren't fans of Blue Bayou or the SS Columbia Dining Room.

But, if you have a four year old child, I'm not sure Magellan's or Blue Bayou would be a good idea. I guess it ultimately depends upon the child and how patient and well-behaved they are and their normal diet (i.e. the food is, at least for my humble palette, quite "fine and fancy"), but I couldn't imagine taking my four year old godson to either of those restaurants. Especially at Disneyland given he'd probably be going out-of-his-mind with excitement or on an epic come-down as a result of being over-tired.

The local Japanese, who make up the majority of guests at the park, are extremely polite and go out of their way to ensure that they don't disrupt anyone around them in any way (e.g. making noise, taking up personal space, drawing attention to themselves, etc).

My favorite restaurant in the Tokyo Disney area is in Ikspiari. It's called Ippudo and I think it's the best Ramen chain in Japan

I'd really like to try this place. Just a quick question...is this a table service restaurant? Do you wait to be seated? Or do you order at a counter and find your own seat?

I'd really like to try this place. Just a quick question...is this a table service restaurant? Do you wait to be seated? Or do you order at a counter and find your own seat?

It's basically table service and about the same as locations elsewhere in Japan, the US, Shanghai, Hong Kong, etc. Even though it's not the most unique place on TDR property, Ippudo is good if you want a standard bowl of Hakata style pork ramen that doesn't feel too exotic for a Western palette. A lot of Westerners find the richer broths of some other ramen places in Japan too fatty.

We were just there and we did counter service twice, once at Queen of Hearts ("Western" food with a Japanese slant) and once at Vulcania (Chinese food with a Japanese slant). Both meals were fine, but we chose for the setting. Both of these restaurants are amazingly themed with lots of unique details. We especially loved the beautiful desserts at Queen of Hearts.

I agree with the previous posters that mentioned that there could be issues with young kids. I can't really say they aren't "family friendly", the Japanese are incredibly polite and accommodating. However, I was acutely aware in many settings that my 8 and 9 year old, who usually operate at normal volume for North America, are very loud and boisterous compared to their Japanese peers. There seems to be a cultural expectation here that families with kids don't bring them to more formal settings until they are old enough to behave like adults. Again, no one will be rude to you or complain, but respecting quiet places seems very important here.

Thank you! Yes by UK standards our little boy would be good at restaurants but that may be completely different compared to Japanese standards! Thanks ... will keep that in mind...

Did all of these last year!

Blue Bayou was amazing and not expensive!
Diamond Horseshoe was such a FUN show!

If you had to choose between the two I would say do Diamond Horseshoe as the show is fun!

YESSS YES & YES! Love this place, ask to sit in the "secret room" :)

AGAIN ANOTHER BIG TIME YES
I loved Oceano - the day we went it was for breakfast, we walked in with no reservation and they were able to seat us in 15 minutes or so.
The buffet was great.

We loved Magellans if you are looking for a bug splurge.
Our other favorite was the Bella Vista Lounge (in Miracosta) - great viewing of the nighttime Fantasmic show from almost any table.

Magellan's is my #1 favorite. Ristorante Di Canaletto is quite good as well, but they have some unique things that may seem odd....serving a side of honey with pizza for example.

We walked up to Magellan’s this past Friday around noon and was able to get a reservation for dinner that day. The food was good and the experience great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!