Tokyo Disney Resort Official Hotels

Sherlee

Mouseketeer
Any recommendations for the six "Official" Disney Resort Hotels? Since I can't book the on-site Disney hotels until three months out, I would like a back up. Thank you.

Honestly the perks aren't even that great, unless you want to enter the park 15 minutes earlier or get a package, it's better to stay at a hotel on the resort line.

https://tdrexplorer.com/tokyo-disney-resort-vacation-packages-return/

He has plenty of information about the resort, TDR explorer by far probably has the best idea about hotels.

If you are trying to book a package, I have no idea if foreign credit cards will work on the site. TDR has a notorious site that does not allow foreign cards to buy packages or tickets.

I think the previous poster is confused about the terminology as the Tokyo Disney Resort Official Hotels are on the resort line. Most foreigners pick either the Sheraton or the Hilton because they are the most foreigner friendly and the closest to the station. Pre-pandemic, the Sheraton was always my first choice hotel for Tokyo Disney when the prices were reasonable but if you have access to a credit card that can get you Gold or Diamond status with Hilton, that would be a better option for the free breakfast.

I know people who have stayed at the other ones and they are generally a little cheaper but not quite as nice as the Hilton or Sheraton. Foreign credit cards have always worked for my friends who book vacation packages but I don't really think they're worth buying.

Honestly the perks aren't even that great, unless you want to enter the park 15 minutes earlier or get a package, it's better to stay at a hotel on the resort line.

https://tdrexplorer.com/tokyo-disney-resort-vacation-packages-return/

He has plenty of information about the resort, TDR explorer by far probably has the best idea about hotels.

If you are trying to book a package, I have no idea if foreign credit cards will work on the site. TDR has a notorious site that does not allow foreign cards to buy packages or tickets.
we booked the package with our US credit card. I heard in the last few years it got better. Had no issues. We also booked room onlys at on site hotels with no problems.

I booked Toy Story Resort for 4 nights with no issue the first day it became available to book. We are also at the Sheraton for 5 nights. What a contrast. Only did the Sheraton because my friend could book with points. All the monorail resorts are easy to access.

I was considering the Hyatt regency Tokyo Bay because it looks like a very good deal on points. Any thoughts?

I was considering the Hyatt regency Tokyo Bay because it looks like a very good deal on points. Any thoughts?

This hotel is cheap for a reason. The bus to the parks is infrequent and takes too long. The first bus also fills up which means you may have to wait like 1/2 an hour for the next bus. Even when I made the first bus, I was still too far behind in the crowd to get any rides with short waits so I ended up waiting 150 minutes for Beauty and the Beast.

When you get to Shin Urayasu station, you still have to transfer to another bus to get to the hotel or walk quite a bit which is annoying.

The rooms with 2 queen beds are poorly laid out such that this circular table gets in the way of the couch on the side although the king rooms are fine.

At the current exchange rates, it's also pretty bad value for points since it's normally only around 20K JPY for 15K points. I'd rather save Hyatt points for something else and if you were planning to transfer Chase points, I would strongly encourage you to use them at the 1.25 or 1.5 cents per point at a hotel near Bayside station or a hotel that's within walking distance of the Keiyo line if you don't want to pay cash.

This hotel is cheap for a reason. The bus to the parks is infrequent and takes too long. The first bus also fills up which means you may have to wait like 1/2 an hour for the next bus. Even when I made the first bus, I was still too far behind in the crowd to get any rides with short waits so I ended up waiting 150 minutes for Beauty and the Beast.

When you get to Shin Urayasu station, you still have to transfer to another bus to get to the hotel or walk quite a bit which is annoying.

The rooms with 2 queen beds are poorly laid out such that this circular table gets in the way of the couch on the side although the king rooms are fine.

At the current exchange rates, it's also pretty bad value for points since it's normally only around 20K JPY for 15K points. I'd rather save Hyatt points for something else and if you were planning to transfer Chase points, I would strongly encourage you to use them at the 1.25 or 1.5 cents per point at a hotel near Bayside station or a hotel that's within walking distance of the Keiyo line if you don't want to pay cash.
This is great intel, thank you. I was planning to use cat 1-4 credit card free nights - seemed like a decent use. But this makes me think twice. Do you think the first bus and crowd issue would be less of a concern in low season, i.e. February when we are going? Or is it crowded all the time?

(Context: we are reasonably experienced WDW/DLR people, with one 7yo, but this is our first overseas Disney)

This is great intel, thank you. I was planning to use cat 1-4 credit card free nights - seemed like a decent use. But this makes me think twice. Do you think the first bus and crowd issue would be less of a concern in low season, i.e. February when we are going? Or is it crowded all the time?

(Context: we are reasonably experienced WDW/DLR people, with one 7yo, but this is our first overseas Disney)

I stayed there in February of this year. February of next year will likely have larger crowds than what I experienced.

In the US, tourists tend to arrive at the parks late but in Japan, you see long lines at the gate over an hour before the parks open which means wait times get long very quickly. If your 7 year old isn't into big thrill rides yet, you can skip some of the major attractions that typically get long lines which helps.

For a first visit to Tokyo Disney, I really advise staying along the resort line. If you don't want to pay for a Disney hotel, the Sheraton was my go-to pre-pandemic although a lot of foreigners also like the Hilton. Any of the Japanese options are also decent but the rooms are likely to be smaller than those at the Sheraton and Hilton.

If you're planing to swap hotels to explore Tokyo, you can use the cat 1-4 certs at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo in Shinjuku.

In the US, tourists tend to arrive at the parks late but in Japan, you see long lines at the gate over an hour before the parks open which means wait times get long very quickly.

TDR lines are no joke. We were in a park-view room at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel last week. On Sunday morning, people were already starting to line up at 5:30 am! By closer to park opening the entire plaza was full of people.

The parks open 30-45 minutes before opening time too. So you need to be there an hour before that. At least they sit down when in line, so you don’t need to stand the whole time. (Universal you need to stand - and they get there crazy early to!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter