***Tokyo Disney Resort - FAQ***

This is awesome news! Thank you for sharing!!

I wouldn't hold my breath. TDR is very slow to move when it comes to technology. The virus shutdown will probably make that worse. TDR Explorer has some great info on their webpage and podcast about this.

I wouldn't hold my breath. TDR is very slow to move when it comes to technology. The virus shutdown will probably make that worse. TDR Explorer has some great info on their webpage and podcast about this.
Hopefully in a couple of years which is the earliest we’ll be going. My guess is they’ll have an English app released in time for the rescheduled olympics.

Can some please tell me the best way to book Tokyo Disney package? My family hopes to be in Tokyo in August (assuming we whisk get the vaccine by then). I can’t seem to be able to book it. Any travel agent who can help with the booking? TIA

They are not doing bookings that early right now, I think it is two months in advance currently. They may not be open yet by then, so I recommend you make arrangements that can be cancelled without penalty.

There isn’t any nice hotel that are refundable, unfortunately:(

The Sheraton and Hilton have entirely refundable rates bookable many months in advance.
A lot of the other Disney Resort Official Hotels also have fully refundable rates but don't take bookings as early.

All the Disney hotels and vacation pacakages require a non-refundable deposit.

Can some please tell me the best way to book Tokyo Disney package? My family hopes to be in Tokyo in August (assuming we whisk get the vaccine by then). I can’t seem to be able to book it. Any travel agent who can help with the booking? TIA

The booking window for rooms and/or packages is five months from check-in date.

Hello Disney Family,
Our family is planning a trip to Japan from June 12-26th. We are trying to book a Tokyo Disney hotel and tickets from June 22-26th.
Unfortunately, the website doesn't really have updated information about how far out we can book either of these. I called with a Japanese translator and I was also confused. They said to check the website and hotels may be 2 months out and tickets a month out.
We could really use help from someone who knows the ins/outs of booking a trip to Tokyo Disney during these interesting times.

G-d Bless and have a good night,
Lee

They aren’t selling to international customers right now, period, and no one knows when they will. They aren’t even selling tickets to locals.

Don’t hold your breath for a June trip.

It looks to me that you can book online 2 months in advance only (the website let me select the dates as long as it’s within 2 months out. I just didn’t go through as our trip is in August. I also called Japan Disney front desk and they also said 2 months, and they don’t take phone reservation.

Our family just returned from 3 days at TDR over Thanksgiving. We stayed at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel (TDH) for 3 nights.

Thought it would be helpful to share a few insights:

Tokyo Disneyland Hotel
  • We stayed in 2 different character rooms (Tinkerbell and Beauty and the Beast). Tinkerbell room cost ~$450 a night (2 nights), and Beauty and the Beast room cost $600 (1 night).
  • Tinkerbell room was old and dated and did not have a view of the park. I would not recommend booking this room type.
  • Beauty and the Beast room was newly renovated and gorgeous. It also faced the park (but didn't have a view of the fireworks). Overall, this room was worth the money.
  • Check-in takes forever as the process is slow and inefficient - the line was ~15 parties deep at 8am in the morning. We also had to return to the front desk after 4:30pm that day to pick up our room key and wait in a long line again. Eventually, someone came out to triage the line and gave us our room key so we didn't have to wait until we got to the front. This is an area TDH really needs to improve upon - it leaves a negative first impression of what is otherwise a fantastic property.
  • TDH lacks grab and go breakfast options (although there is a convenience store on the 1st floor with some prepackaged foods). Highly recommend walking over to the supermarket in Ikspiari (shopping mall attached to the Maihama train station) after your first day in the park to pick up breakfast for the morning. The supermarket closes late at 10:30pm but doesn't open in the morning until 10am. There is also a fridge in the room.
  • TDH also has a laundry room. It was busy in the evening but was able to get 2 loads done.
  • Highly recommend taking a taxi if you're coming in from another hotel in Tokyo - it's much easier than hauling your luggage on the train. Our taxi (Uber Black van) from Ginza cost $60 and was worth every yen.
  • Also highly recommend taking the "limousine bus" if you're leaving from TDH to the airport directly. It's very convenient and the TDH bell staff will help you book your ticket on the bus and take your luggage from the room to the bus.
Day 1 - Tokyo Disneyland
  • Park tickets cost: $174 (2 adults, 1 paid child, 1 free child [age 3])
  • Opening time: "Published time": 9am; "actual time" (i.e., first folks through the gates): 8:15am
  • Weather: Rainy
    • In hindsight, if you have multiple days at TDR and a choice between TDL and TDS, choose TDS on days with bad weather. There are far more indoor activities at TDS and many of the queues at TDL are outdoors.
  • Rides
    • Beauty and the Beast -> Paid ~$40 for "Disney Premier Access" for 3 people. This is TDL's version of ILL and works the same - and it was definitely worth the money to avoid waiting ~90 minutes in the rain.
    • Pooh's Hunny Hunt -> 40 minute wait, definitely worth experiencing - far better than the CA Disneyland version
    • Other rides: It's a small world (similar to CA Disneyland, better queue theming); Gadget's Go Coaster (no line on a rainy day)
  • Food
    • Gaston's Tavern -> Great place for quick brunch; croissants and other western style items
    • Hokusai -> Superb Japanese food - highly recommended (advance reservation needed)
Day 2 - Tokyo Disneysea
  • Park tickets cost: $165 (2 adults, 1 paid child, 1 free child [age 3])
  • Opening time: "Published time": 9am; "actual time" (i.e., first folks through the gates): 8:15am
  • Weather: Warm and sunny
  • Rides
    • 20,000 Leagues under the sea: 30 minute wait, recommended
    • Journey to the center of the earth: closed for scheduled maintenance : (
    • Aquatopia: 20 minute wait, recommended
    • Jasmine's Flying Carpets: 30 minute wait, recommended - most impressive theming of a "Dumbo" ride anywhere
    • Sinbad's: 10 minute wait, recommended - the animatronics are next-level, but the ride would really benefit from a reskin with Disney IP (i.e., Aladdin)
    • Other rides: Carousel (2 stories!)
  • Shows (Note: the process to get into a show is confusing and not guaranteed - you have to make an "Entry Request" using the app after you scan into the park. You then choose a time for a show and an algorithm determines whether you get a ticket for the show or not. If you don't get a ticket, you're out of luck - no ticket for you at all that day for that show)
    • Christmastime with You: Recommended, lots of holiday cheer
    • Jamboree Mickey! Let's Dance!: Okay, but would recommend prioritizing other shows
    • Big Band Beat: Didn't get a ticket : ( supposedly this is a marquee show for the park
    • Believe Sea of Dreams: The TDS version of World of Color which makes great use of the lagoon in TDS. If you get a ticket through "Entry Request", you will be assigned to a seating area. Your ticket will say to get there 90 minutes in advance. We arrived 60 minutes in advance and the seating area was already quite full. Recommend asking a CM to help direct you to the seating area as they are not easy to identify. Also of note: everyone sits on the floor for the show - so bring a blanket if you're not comfortable sitting on bare ground.
  • Food
    • Magellan's -> Truly a magical experience for Thanksgiving lunch : ) 2 adult set meals + 2 kids set meals + 1 glass of wine all for $140!
Day 3 - Tokyo Disneyland
    • We entered at 8am using TDH "early entry"
  • Rides
    • Beauty and the Beast -> Got into the queue at 8:20am and the line already extended into the main hub of the park! Line moved quickly and got onto the ride around 9am.
    • Haunted Mansion -> ~30 minute wait; similar to CA Disneyland holiday overlay. Note: On busy days you need to make an "Entry Requst" in the app to enter into the queue (they do this to manage the length of the queue so it doesn't spill outside of the ride area and block the parade route). Recommend going early in the morning before "Entry Request" goes into effect as the crowds grow.
    • Splash Mountain -> 40 minute wait; similar to CA Disneyland
    • Space Mountain -> 40 minute wait; similar to CA Disneyland (no music during the ride though)
  • Parades
    • Dreaming Up: Recommended, easy seating around Snow White's Grotto
    • Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights: Recommended. Everyone sits on the floor for the show - so bring a blanket if you're not comfortable sitting on bare ground.
  • Food
    • Hungry Bear Cafe -> Great place to try Japanese curry rice. Lines get really long after 10:30am.

Our family just returned from 3 days at TDR over Thanksgiving. We stayed at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel (TDH) for 3 nights.

Tokyo Disneyland Hotel
  • TDH also has a laundry room. It was busy in the evening but was able to get 2 loads done.
  • Highly recommend taking a taxi if you're coming in from another hotel in Tokyo - it's much easier than hauling your luggage on the train. Our taxi (Uber Black van) from Ginza cost $60 and was worth every yen.
  • Also highly recommend taking the "limousine bus" if you're leaving from TDH to the airport directly. It's very convenient and the TDH bell staff will help you book your ticket on the bus and take your luggage from the room to the bus.
Can you give more informaton on the Uber Black van?
If you can provide any info about Tokyo in general outside or Disney resort it would be great.

Your information was wonderful and extremely helpful. We are planning our stay for mid October 2023 and printed your information.

Thank you

Can you give more informaton on the Uber Black van?
If you can provide any info about Tokyo in general outside or Disney resort it would be great.

Your information was wonderful and extremely helpful. We are planning our stay for mid October 2023 and printed your information.

Thank you
Glad you found this helpful!

Re: Uber Black - I requested it using the Uber app: it was pretty much the same experience as Uber anywhere else. Just select 'Uber Black Van' in the app. One thing that was different is the van had a taxi meter which was turned on for the ride, but everything was settled automatically by credit card through Uber like any other Uber. I also recall the final amount I was charged was ~1,000 yen lower than the original quote from the Uber app when I booked it.

As for Tokyo: we stayed 4 nights at a hotel next to Shimbashi station in Ginza. Definitely recommend the location as it was central to everything - and since Shimbashi station is on Yamanote line, it was also an easy direct ride to Shibuya / Harajuku / Shinjuku. Couple of other Tokyo highlights:
  • Meiji Shrine (Harajuku): Definite must-see; an oasis of tranquility with beautiful architecture and great people watching (lots of locals in traditional Japanese attire, etc)
  • Senso-ji Temple (Asakusa subway line): Another definite must-see; lots to do in the market streets leading up to the template (nibble on bites from the stalls lining the streets, souvenir shopping, etc). We also rented traditional Japanese attire and did a family photoshoot around the area - our kids loved the experience!
  • Sanrio Puroland (Tama station - 45 minutes from Shinjuku): Spent a day here - kids are big Hello Kitty fans and had a blast! The theme park is pretty small but well executed and very 'experiential' with shows, photo opportunities with Sanrio characters, etc. It was also incredibly reasonable - just ~$80 for 2 adults + 2 kids with discount tickets bought online directly from the park - and a phenomenal value at that price.

Re: Uber Black - I requested it using the Uber app: it was pretty much the same experience as Uber anywhere else. Just select 'Uber Black Van' in the app. One thing that was different is the van had a taxi meter which was turned on for the ride, but everything was settled automatically by credit card through Uber like any other Uber. I also recall the final amount I was charged was ~1,000 yen lower than the original quote from the Uber app when I booked it.

As for Tokyo: we stayed 4 nights at a hotel next to Shimbashi station in Ginza. Definitely recommend the location as it was central to everything - and since Shimbashi station is on Yamanote line, it was also an easy direct ride to Shibuya / Harajuku / Shinjuku. Couple of other Tokyo highlights:
  • Meiji Shrine (Harajuku): Definite must-see; an oasis of tranquility with beautiful architecture and great people watching (lots of locals in traditional Japanese attire, etc)
  • Senso-ji Temple (Asakusa subway line): Another definite must-see; lots to do in the market streets leading up to the template (nibble on bites from the stalls lining the streets, souvenir shopping, etc). We also rented traditional Japanese attire and did a family photoshoot around the area - our kids loved the experience!
  • Sanrio Puroland (Tama station - 45 minutes from Shinjuku): Spent a day here - kids are big Hello Kitty fans and had a blast! The theme park is pretty small but well executed and very 'experiential' with shows, photo opportunities with Sanrio characters, etc. It was also incredibly reasonable - just ~$80 for 2 adults + 2 kids with discount tickets bought online directly from the park - and a phenomenal value at that price.

Thank you, would you mind sharing the hotel name or website? Any restaurants you would recommend in Tokyo?

Thank you, would you mind sharing the hotel name or website? Any restaurants you would recommend in Tokyo?
Karaksa Hotel Premier Ginza: we paid ~$250 a night for a 'Premier Twin' room with breakfast (Japanese style, delivered to your room - miso soup, tamago egg, onigiri rice balls, etc) + 24 hour access to a self-serve mini lounge with sparkling water, beer, etc. The mini lounge was very convenient and there was also a fridge in the room.

As for restaurants - the best of our trip were in TDR! (especially with kids) Definitely recommend getting a reservation at Hokusai in TDL: the tempura and pork katsu were excellent. And Magellan's at TDS is simply gorgeous - even the kid's meals are next-level there. Within Tokyo: we really enjoyed Ippudo (ramen) - our meal for 4 people was under $40.

All of this information was so incredibly helpful. We have a trip planned for June of 2023.
Did you make reservations for Magellan's in advance of your trip?
Thank you for all the great information:)

All of this information was so incredibly helpful. We have a trip planned for June of 2023.
Did you make reservations for Magellan's in advance of your trip?
Thank you for all the great information:)
Yes - made reservations at Magellan's as soon as the booking window opened (5pm PST one month + 1 day before the date of park entry to accommodate for the time difference i.e., 5pm PST Oct 22 for Nov 23 park entry). Reservations are snapped up pretty quickly - similar to ADRs for the more popular spots in DLR.

One other note: I made restaurant reservations only for the first 2 of 3 park days to keep the last day open. Since we were guaranteed last-minute tickets in either park through our TDH reservation - this gave us the flexibility to choose whether to go back to TDL or TDS on the last day. On the evening of day 2, the kids voted to go back to TDL - and I then purchased our park admission tickets for the last day from the TDH front desk. Ideally TDR would just offer a park hopper ticket - but this approach provided much of the same flexibility.

Tokyo Disneyland Hotel
  • We stayed in 2 different character rooms (Tinkerbell and Beauty and the Beast). Tinkerbell room cost ~$450 a night (2 nights), and Beauty and the Beast room cost $600 (1 night).
  • Tinkerbell room was old and dated and did not have a view of the park. I would not recommend booking this room type.
  • Beauty and the Beast room was newly renovated and gorgeous. It also faced the park (but didn't have a view of the fireworks). Overall, this room was worth the money.
  • Check-in takes forever as the process is slow and inefficient - the line was ~15 parties deep at 8am in the morning. We also had to return to the front desk after 4:30pm that day to pick up our room key and wait in a long line again. Eventually, someone came out to triage the line and gave us our room key so we didn't have to wait until we got to the front. This is an area TDH really needs to improve upon - it leaves a negative first impression of what is otherwise a fantastic property.
  • TDH lacks grab and go breakfast options (although there is a convenience store on the 1st floor with some prepackaged foods). Highly recommend walking over to the supermarket in Ikspiari (shopping mall attached to the Maihama train station) after your first day in the park to pick up breakfast for the morning. The supermarket closes late at 10:30pm but doesn't open in the morning until 10am. There is also a fridge in the room.
Day 1 - Tokyo Disneyland
  • Park tickets cost: $174 (2 adults, 1 paid child, 1 free child [age 3])
  • Weather: Rainy
    • In hindsight, if you have multiple days at TDR and a choice between TDL and TDS, choose TDS on days with bad weather. There are far more indoor activities at TDS and many of the queues at TDL are outdoors.
  • Rides
    • Beauty and the Beast -> Paid ~$40 for "Disney Premier Access" for 3 people. This is TDL's version of ILL and works the same - and it was definitely worth the money to avoid waiting ~90 minutes in the rain.
    • Pooh's Hunny Hunt -> 40 minute wait, definitely worth experiencing - far better than the CA Disneyland version
    • Other rides: It's a small world (similar to CA Disneyland, better queue theming); Gadget's Go Coaster (no line on a rainy day)
  • Food
    • Gaston's Tavern -> Great place for quick brunch; croissants and other western style items
    • Hokusai -> Superb Japanese food - highly recommended (advance reservation needed)
Day 2 - Tokyo Disneysea
  • Rides
    • 20,000 Leagues under the sea: 30 minute wait, recommended
    • Journey to the center of the earth: closed for scheduled maintenance : (
    • Aquatopia: 20 minute wait, recommended
    • Jasmine's Flying Carpets: 30 minute wait, recommended - most impressive theming of a "Dumbo" ride anywhere
    • Sinbad's: 10 minute wait, recommended - the animatronics are next-level, but the ride would really benefit from a reskin with Disney IP (i.e., Aladdin)
    • Other rides: Carousel (2 stories!)
  • Shows (Note: the process to get into a show is confusing and not guaranteed - you have to make an "Entry Request" using the app after you scan into the park. You then choose a time for a show and an algorithm determines whether you get a ticket for the show or not. If you don't get a ticket, you're out of luck - no ticket for you at all that day for that show)
    • Christmastime with You: Recommended, lots of holiday cheer
    • Jamboree Mickey! Let's Dance!: Okay, but would recommend prioritizing other shows
    • Big Band Beat: Didn't get a ticket : ( supposedly this is a marquee show for the park
    • Believe Sea of Dreams: The TDS version of World of Color which makes great use of the lagoon in TDS. If you get a ticket through "Entry Request", you will be assigned to a seating area. Your ticket will say to get there 90 minutes in advance. We arrived 60 minutes in advance and the seating area was already quite full. Recommend asking a CM to help direct you to the seating area as they are not easy to identify. Also of note: everyone sits on the floor for the show - so bring a blanket if you're not comfortable sitting on bare ground.
  • Food
    • Magellan's -> Truly a magical experience for Thanksgiving lunch : ) 2 adult set meals + 2 kids set meals + 1 glass of wine all for $140!
Day 3 - Tokyo Disneyland
    • We entered at 8am using TDH "early entry"
  • Rides
    • Beauty and the Beast -> Got into the queue at 8:20am and the line already extended into the main hub of the park! Line moved quickly and got onto the ride around 9am.
    • Haunted Mansion -> ~30 minute wait; similar to CA Disneyland holiday overlay. Note: On busy days you need to make an "Entry Requst" in the app to enter into the queue (they do this to manage the length of the queue so it doesn't spill outside of the ride area and block the parade route). Recommend going early in the morning before "Entry Request" goes into effect as the crowds grow.
    • Splash Mountain -> 40 minute wait; similar to CA Disneyland
    • Space Mountain -> 40 minute wait; similar to CA Disneyland (no music during the ride though)
  • Parades
    • Dreaming Up: Recommended, easy seating around Snow White's Grotto
    • Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights: Recommended. Everyone sits on the floor for the show - so bring a blanket if you're not comfortable sitting on bare ground.
  • Food
    • Hungry Bear Cafe -> Great place to try Japanese curry rice. Lines get really long after 10:30am.
Amaizng, thank you! We’re mucking around with the idea of going to Japan this summer so I’ve started pulling some info around. I think I picked this up from a later post- you booked your hotel first and picked up tickets when you got there? I was trying to find a vacation package but the website simply states they are not available, so I was wondering if that’s the “norm” now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!