***Tokyo Disney Resort - FAQ***

Do they have this at the airport? I’m wondering when we should use it. We will be staying at an Airbnb first so idk if we should have it sent to a nearby pick up? We are flying in and out of narita.

Yes both Narita and Haneda airport have this service

https://www.narita-airport.jp/en/service/svc_05

I always use this service whenever I change cities in Japan but never at the airport though

Do they have this at the airport? I’m wondering when we should use it. We will be staying at an Airbnb first so idk if we should have it sent to a nearby pick up? We are flying in and out of narita.

They do have it at the airport. We haven't used it though since both trips our train ride to the hotel from the airport was direct and not a long walk from the station. Taking the luggage out of the station in Asakusa was a pain though (older station) - stairs, so many stairs.

You can ask your AirBnb host where to send it. They should know the closest pick up place or maybe they have someone who can receive it (that was the case for our apartment in Kyoto).

Yes both Narita and Haneda airport have this service

https://www.narita-airport.jp/en/service/svc_05

I always use this service whenever I change cities in Japan but never at the airport though
Our Airbnb is in shibuya and it isn’t a direct route so I figured we might want our bigger bags sent. What do you think? Are there certain trains you can’t take big luggage on? We will most likely have two suitcases each and maybe a backpack each.

We will need it when we go to Kyoto and to our Disney hotel too. I want to pack light but I also want souvenirs lol

is your Airbnb close to Shibuya Excel Tokyu or Cerulean Tower Tokyu? The airport has a direct bus there and you can take your luggage under the bus

https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/areas/detail/nrt/shibuya/dep

or what you can do is send half your luggage directly to kyoto from narita (put stuff you dont need until Kyoto in there) and take the other half with you but I generally don't like taking big luggage on commuter trains

Last edited:

is your Airbnb close to Shibuya Excel Tokyu or Cerulean Tower Tokyu? The airport has a direct bus there and you can take your luggage under the bus

https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/areas/detail/nrt/shibuya/dep

or what you can do is send half your luggage directly to kyoto from narita (put stuff you dont need until Kyoto in there) and take the other half with you but I generally don't like taking big luggage on commuter trains
Her house is right next to Yoyogi Park. So I’m really struggling with the whole luggage thing. It seems like it’s going to be such a hassle but I really want to get a lot of cool souvenirs. Would it make more sense for Dh and I to each bring one suitcase and ship souvenirs home? Or will that be super expensive to ship something overseas? I’m wondering if it would actually be cheaper than sending luggage every time we move somewhere new.

One strategy that me and my wife always do is bring a fold-able duffel bag so we would start with 1 luggage each and a smaller carry on. as we buy souvenirs, we're able use the duffel bag as a third checked luggage (we usually put our clothes in there so the souvenirs go into the sturdier luggage).

One strategy that me and my wife always do is bring a fold-able duffel bag so we would start with 1 luggage each and a smaller carry on. as we buy souvenirs, we're able use the duffel bag as a third checked luggage (we usually put our clothes in there so the souvenirs go into the sturdier luggage).
I was actually thinking about doing this too! We get two checked pieces each with ANA so Dh and I can bring our normal suitcases with one inside to use later. We also each get a carry on and personal item which we will use for our backpacks. I know we don’t want a ton of luggage with us in Japan but we will be there for a long time and there is no way I can fit all of my stuff and souvenirs into one bag. Thanks for your help!

When we traveled from our hotel in Tokyo (New Otani Tokyo) to Haneda for our flight back we just took a taxi to Hamamatsucho to get on the monorail to Haneda. We figured that with that we would eliminate the dragging bags through metro. It worked great. The taxi was the nicest taxi I had ever been in. And it cost about 20$ if I remember correctly.

When we traveled from our hotel in Tokyo (New Otani Tokyo) to Haneda for our flight back we just took a taxi to Hamamatsucho to get on the monorail to Haneda. We figured that with that we would eliminate the dragging bags through metro. It worked great. The taxi was the nicest taxi I had ever been in. And it cost about 20$ if I remember correctly.
Our Airbnb host gave us the great idea of buying a cheap suitcase while we are there. We loved that idea and that’s actually what we are gonna do. Dh said he is excited to pick out a fun suitcase. It makes it a souvenir and saves us money because we won’t have to lug it around until the end of our trip!

Our Airbnb host gave us the great idea of buying a cheap suitcase while we are there. We loved that idea and that’s actually what we are gonna do. Dh said he is excited to pick out a fun suitcase. It makes it a souvenir and saves us money because we won’t have to lug it around until the end of our trip!

Ask your airbnb host where to buy a cheap suitcase and what cheap means to him... I have bought 2 times suitcases in Japan, a first time a large one in Kyoto because mine was broken and I couldn't find one suitable (haha) below 150$ (no chills, no known brand) and last time in Tokyo we wanted another one for the souvenirs ;) and went to several shops and ended buying one at Don Qijote, still no frills and no known brand and it was again 160$...So that was not "cheap" for me. :) And they were both the "cheapest" available..

Ask your airbnb host where to buy a cheap suitcase and what cheap means to him... I have bought 2 times suitcases in Japan, a first time a large one in Kyoto because mine was broken and I couldn't find one suitable (haha) below 150$ (no chills, no known brand) and last time in Tokyo we wanted another one for the souvenirs ;) and went to several shops and ended buying one at Don Qijote, still no frills and no known brand and it was again 160$...So that was not "cheap" for me. :) And they were both the "cheapest" available..
Oh yeah that’s not cheap to me either. I might need to double check with her then.

Would it make more sense for Dh and I to each bring one suitcase and ship souvenirs home? Or will that be super expensive to ship something overseas? I’m wondering if it would actually be cheaper than sending luggage every time we move somewhere new.

I'm wondering about this too. I want us travelling really light because we're going to be moving around a LOT, so we're planning on seeking out accommodations with laundry facilities or hitting up laundromats fairly often, but that won't leave us much room for souvenirs.

I'm wondering about this too. I want us travelling really light because we're going to be moving around a LOT, so we're planning on seeking out accommodations with laundry facilities or hitting up laundromats fairly often, but that won't leave us much room for souvenirs.
Dh put a hard "no" on the whole shipping things back, but he's only assuming it will be really expensive. Right now these are my choices:

Buying cheap suitcases when we are there (which depends if we can actually find ones that I consider cheap)
Putting smaller suitcases inside our big ones and filling those while we are there
Possibly storing extra suitcases at Airbnb and stopping by her house on our way back from Kyoto (I haven't asked her about this year because I just thought of it today)

Dh put a hard "no" on the whole shipping things back, but he's only assuming it will be really expensive. Right now these are my choices:

Buying cheap suitcases when we are there (which depends if we can actually find ones that I consider cheap)
Putting smaller suitcases inside our big ones and filling those while we are there
Possibly storing extra suitcases at Airbnb and stopping by her house on our way back from Kyoto (I haven't asked her about this year because I just thought of it today)

The Hilton Tokyo Bay will be your last stop? I think you should e-mail them to see how long they're willing to hold luggage. Maybe send one luggage after your Tokyo leg directly there. Maybe even send an empty luggage from the airport. Have read that the delivery services can delay delivery up to a week. That plus the time Hilton is willing to hold it may be enough to do this. Then when you fly out, it will probably be on the limousine bus, which is easy peasy with luggage.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2278.html

The Hilton Tokyo Bay will be your last stop? I think you should e-mail them to see how long they're willing to hold luggage. Maybe send one luggage after your Tokyo leg directly there. Maybe even send an empty luggage from the airport. Have read that the delivery services can delay delivery up to a week. That plus the time Hilton is willing to hold it may be enough to do this. Then when you fly out, it will probably be on the limousine bus, which is easy peasy with luggage.

Yep Hilton will be last. We will stay at our Airbnb in Tokyo first, go to hakone for one night, go to Kyoto, then end at Hilton Tokyo bay. That’s a good idea! I’ll have to contact them and see what they say!

Some suggestions for a suitcase inside a suitcase:
The Samonsite Tote-a-ton duffel is great as an extra bag: https://www.amazon.com/Samsonite-Tote-Duffle-Luggage-Black/dp/B003KR1K40. It packs down small and can hold a ton. I wouldn't put fragile stuff in there, but it's perfect to throw all the dirty clothes into and then pack fragile stuff in the more sturdy suitcases. The only downside is it doesn't have a shoulder strap. This one is another alternative that packs down small and has a shoulder strap: https://www.amazon.com/Gonex-Packable-Lightweight-Luggage-Choices/dp/B01LWUQ3GR

I also love my Timbuk2 Wingman. It's the only carryon I use now, because it's so versatile. It can hold a ton and be carried by a handle, a shoulder strap, or as a backpack to leave your hands free. It could easily fit inside a bigger suitcase to be filled as needed: https://www.ebags.com/product/timbuk2/wingman-travel-duffel-bag-2014/269916

Some suggestions for a suitcase inside a suitcase:
The Samonsite Tote-a-ton duffel is great as an extra bag: https://www.amazon.com/Samsonite-Tote-Duffle-Luggage-Black/dp/B003KR1K40. It packs down small and can hold a ton. I wouldn't put fragile stuff in there, but it's perfect to throw all the dirty clothes into and then pack fragile stuff in the more sturdy suitcases. The only downside is it doesn't have a shoulder strap. This one is another alternative that packs down small and has a shoulder strap: https://www.amazon.com/Gonex-Packable-Lightweight-Luggage-Choices/dp/B01LWUQ3GR

I also love my Timbuk2 Wingman. It's the only carryon I use now, because it's so versatile. It can hold a ton and be carried by a handle, a shoulder strap, or as a backpack to leave your hands free. It could easily fit inside a bigger suitcase to be filled as needed: https://www.ebags.com/product/timbuk2/wingman-travel-duffel-bag-2014/269916
We already have small suitcases that can fit in our bigger suitcases. We just weren't sure we wanted to pack those and take them with. Thanks for the links, though! I just emailed Hilton today to ask about holding luggage so I will see what they say. Otherwise, I might ask our Airbnb person because I don't think she would mind.

Thanks so much for this tip! A staff member from the Hilton responded and said of course they can hold our luggage for us and not to worry. I replied asking if they were sure because it would be for like 13 days. I just want to make doubly sure they don’t mind. I think we might just send it from the airport when we arrive.

I just wanted to give an update for anyone who may be in the same position as us in the future. The staff member I spoke with from Hilton Tokyo Bay said they can definitely hold our empty luggage for the 13 or so days that we will be in Tokyo and Kyoto. He said just to give him our confirmation number when we book so he can put a note on our reservation.

I’m super happy about this because we were either going to have to buy luggage there or pay to ship our luggage everywhere. Now we don’t have to worry about it at all and can still get lots of souvenirs at Disney! Thanks @wanderlust7

I just wanted to give an update for anyone who may be in the same position as us in the future. The staff member I spoke with from Hilton Tokyo Bay said they can definitely hold our empty luggage for the 13 or so days that we will be in Tokyo and Kyoto. He said just to give him our confirmation number when we book so he can put a note on our reservation.

I’m super happy about this because we were either going to have to buy luggage there or pay to ship our luggage everywhere. Now we don’t have to worry about it at all and can still get lots of souvenirs at Disney! Thanks @wanderlust7

Awesome! :thumbsup2 I love it when the logistics works out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!