***Tokyo Disney Resort - FAQ***

I have answered some of these questions in a post I wrote on Miracosta Hotel - Unfortunately I'm unable to link it here as I am still too new to the site, but you should be able to find it.

Hey Aussiecookfamily :wave2:

I think I found your post. Is it this one?

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3062203

I wonder... If I were to split a 3 night stat at the Resort between all 3 Disney Hotels...would I still get a monorail pass, fast passes, and early entry from all 3 hotels even if just staying one night at each one?

Here's another question. How do you say "Can we please have the front/first row?" in Japanese That will come in handy for Tower of Terror, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Sinbad, 20,000 Leagues and Pooh's Honey Hunt.

:worship:

I'm not sure if that's recommended. I think I've heard other trip reports from people where there isn't a precedent for getting front row on rides. Someone else may have more info.

I've made a request for a front row seat on on 20,000 Leagues, since the viewing angle for the side-facing seats is painful if you're taller than 5' 3" or so. The request has been understood/allowed ("mae no seki o kudasai?", which may not be the best Japanese, but evidentially is comprehensible).

You can ask for the front row. I've done it for every trip on rides that matter to me and I've never had CM's say no. I've only had one unpleasant encounter with a BTMRR CM my most recent trip, but the CM on the other side helped us instead.

Generally I ask by the row number. I don't know how accurate my Japanese particle and counter usage is, but I use, "ichiban de onegai shimasu," which is suppose to say, "row 1 please."

It's helpful to know more numbers, in case you want to ride Pooh in other rows to experience everything in the nightmare room.

Like others had said asking for the front row is definitely ok! It also ok and not uncommon to as for the back row so don't feel strange about it at all. My son likes to have his feet dangle when riding Star Tours so we often ask for the back row in that attraction. Sometimes you will have to wait for the next vehicle so they will just ask you to step to the side to wait a moment.

Like others had said asking for the front row is definitely ok! It also ok and not uncommon to as for the back row so don't feel strange about it at all. My son likes to have his feet dangle when riding Star Tours so we often ask for the back row in that attraction. Sometimes you will have to wait for the next vehicle so they will just ask you to step to the side to wait a moment.

Still trying to figure out how to ask in Japanese though. Not sure if Front Row, Front Seat, or First Row would translate well. :confused3

I'm wondering what are the best guide books to read before a trip to Japan? Specifically Tokyo and what one should see in the surrounding area, and also the Disney Parks. I'm guessing multiple books are required and am anxious to get reading. Thanks!

Still trying to figure out how to ask in Japanese though. Not sure if Front Row, Front Seat, or First Row would translate well. :confused3

You can say "ichiban" which translates to number 1. To pronounce it, ichi is like the word itchy and ban like Bono (the singer) without the "O" at the end.

Just a note, "front row" is pronounced "sai zen retsu" :)

(edit: can't seem to get it to display the kanji, you can see it here)

Do foreigners have to pre purchase tix or can we do it at the park (just a 1 day pass)?
Which is easier?
My japanese language skills are that of an infant.

Oh and what is going on in the last week of February? The calendar is predicting it to be busy.

AND ... does anyone know if the special Duffy merchant still available?

Hey guys, me and mine are going in a couple of weeks, so the board has been useful especially the crowd calendar. Really looking forward to going!

Usually the "literal" way to say something is not needed. I would say...

FRONT ROW
前の方
mae no ho'o (long "o")
"toward the front; frontward"

MIDDLE ROWS
真ん中の方
mannaka (hold the "n" for two beats) no ho'o
"toward the middle"

LAST ROW
後ろの方
ushiro no ho'o
"toward the rear; toward the back"

People new to the language often feel they must speak in full and complete sentences to be polite; while in general this is an admirable thing, in an environment such as the parks where the pressure is on and one is encouraged to board quickly, these simple phrases will suffice, with the added benefit of being easier to remember. If you want to go for those politeness bonus points...

(add ...はいいですか [...wa ii desu ka])

前の方は いいですか。
mae no ho'o wa ii desu ka
Is the front okay?

真ん中の方は いいですか。
mannaka no ho'o wa ii desu ka
Is the middle okay?

後ろの方は いいですか。
ushiro no ho'o wa ii desu ka
Is the back okay?

Alternately, you could add a "please":

...おねがいします!
onegai shimasu

Is there wireless throughout the parks?

How about the restaurants?

I understand the hotels have it, but you have to ask for a router as the rooms only have ethernet.

Would there be a problem using walkie talkies?

Trying to keep from getting a card or paying ATT $30 each for our cell phones.

Thanks,
Russell

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!