***Tokyo Disney Resort - FAQ***

I just wanted to give an update for anyone who may be in the same position as us in the future. The staff member I spoke with from Hilton Tokyo Bay said they can definitely hold our empty luggage for the 13 or so days that we will be in Tokyo and Kyoto. He said just to give him our confirmation number when we book so he can put a note on our reservation.

I’m super happy about this because we were either going to have to buy luggage there or pay to ship our luggage everywhere. Now we don’t have to worry about it at all and can still get lots of souvenirs at Disney! Thanks @wanderlust7

Thank you for this information as we will be staying at Hilton Tokyo Bay for the last part of our vacation, first part is a 14 day cruise and last three days at TDR. I too will outreach the hotel with my confirmation to send a piece of empty luggage to store there until our arrival. This is such good news as I was trying to figure out how to stay within weight requirements and pack an empty duffle to take with us.

Thank you for this information as we will be staying at Hilton Tokyo Bay for the last part of our vacation, first part is a 14 day cruise and last three days at TDR. I too will outreach the hotel with my confirmation to send a piece of empty luggage to store there until our arrival. This is such good news as I was trying to figure out how to stay within weight requirements and pack an empty duffle to take with us.
We would’ve paid quite a bit of money trying to ship our luggage around or somehow fit a smaller one inside out large ones. I think our Airbnb person would’ve maybe held our luggage but that’s a big maybe.

Oh yeah that’s not cheap to me either. I might need to double check with her then.
Did you check with your host for prices and places where to buy cheap suitcases? We're wondering for our trip next month...oops noo in 2.5 weeks yeahhhh!

Did you check with your host for prices and places where to buy cheap suitcases? We're wondering for our trip next month...oops noo in 2.5 weeks yeahhhh!
She never did get back about that but we contacted the Hilton near Disney and they said they can hold our empty suitcases until we get there!

Also has anyone used the Yamato luggage service? I will be headed to Disney from Yokohama early in the morning and wondered if the luggage will arrive that evening? Hoping so as will be taking the train from Yokohama to Disney area Hotel.

So we are back from our trip and we did use the Yamato service. We dropped our bags off at the bell disk at the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay at around 11pm on a Sunday and the bags arrived at our hotel early afternoon on Tuesday. When we dropped our bags off on Sunday we knew that the luggage would not be shipped until Monday morning. So a morning departure will likely arrive the next afternoon, but you should be able to confirm that when you drop off. We had considered dropping the bags off Sunday morning and then they would have been waiting for us when we arrived in Osaka on Monday but I wanted to get some laundry done Sunday night. It was very handy to not have to deal with bags. The Monday morning train to Osaka was very crowded. We traveled with 2 small duffle bags and a backpack per person and had plenty of overhead room for our bags. There was also more than enough legroom to put a suitcase on the floor in front of you if needed.

We always travel with a few packable duffle bags. They fold small into a suitcase and can easily be pulled out if needed. Great for stuffing dirty laundry in and hauling to a laundromat too. Then we stuff dirty clothes in it so we have plenty of room for all our vacation loot in our suitcase.

So we are back from our trip and we did use the Yamato service. We dropped our bags off at the bell disk at the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay at around 11pm on a Sunday and the bags arrived at our hotel early afternoon on Tuesday. When we dropped our bags off on Sunday we knew that the luggage would not be shipped until Monday morning. So a morning departure will likely arrive the next afternoon, but you should be able to confirm that when you drop off. We had considered dropping the bags off Sunday morning and then they would have been waiting for us when we arrived in Osaka on Monday but I wanted to get some laundry done Sunday night. It was very handy to not have to deal with bags. The Monday morning train to Osaka was very crowded. We traveled with 2 small duffle bags and a backpack per person and had plenty of overhead room for our bags. There was also more than enough legroom to put a suitcase on the floor in front of you if needed.

We always travel with a few packable duffle bags. They fold small into a suitcase and can easily be pulled out if needed. Great for stuffing dirty laundry in and hauling to a laundromat too. Then we stuff dirty clothes in it so we have plenty of room for all our vacation loot in our suitcase.
We just got back from our WDW trip and we did the same with a duffel bag. Dh packed a duffel bag in his suitcase and he used it for dirty laundry. He gets sweaty easily so he had to do laundry while in Florida, but it was so easy to pack that extra duffel bag.

Is there any downside to reserving the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel on hotels.com? It's significantly cheaper on the days I want to go. I'm assuming I still have access to the 15 minute early entrance.

I would like a paper ticket as a souvenir but I see I can buy tickets online. Is there a way to get my eticket into a paper ticket?

Do you know of a Travel Agent for a trip from the US to Tokyo Disney?
We're planning our own trip. We're actually in the process of planning one of our Kyoto days right now. It's very time consuming and sometimes stressful, but this way we know we are doing everything WE want to do. We like to plan things, though.

I'm supposed to go to WDW for my 18th birthday (it would be a VERY late present, like end of 2020-mid 2021), and am interested in going to TDR instead. When I say to go to all the parks is my life goal, I mean it.
I have 1 question - is there any way for me to hit the other asian parks while I'm in the general area?

I'm supposed to go to WDW for my 18th birthday (it would be a VERY late present, like end of 2020-mid 2021), and am interested in going to TDR instead. When I say to go to all the parks is my life goal, I mean it.
I have 1 question - is there any way for me to hit the other asian parks while I'm in the general area?
Why wouldn’t there be? Book flights & go enjoy them. I feel like I’m missing something.

Why wouldn’t there be? Book flights & go enjoy them. I feel like I’m missing something.

They can but budget wise, that isn't going to be cheap for an 18 year old. And depending on how much time they want to spend in Shanghai/China, a visa may be required (which could potentially be another large expense).

They can but budget wise, that isn't going to be cheap for an 18 year old. And depending on how much time they want to spend in Shanghai/China, a visa may be required (which could potentially be another large expense).
Never mind. I looked at their posting history & I think we fell for something. My radar is off today. :laughing:

Hi, has anyone here been able to book the Japanese language website vacation packages without being a Japan resident? Apologies, if this is not the right place to ask this question.

Hi, has anyone here been able to book the Japanese language website vacation packages without being a Japan resident? Apologies, if this is not the right place to ask this question.
You cannot.

To elaborate on why...
  • The package kit will not be held for you & must be shipped in advance to a Japanese residential address.
  • They have never not asked for a resident ID upon arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!