Tokyo Disney on 2 Weeks’ Notice: Hightower Halloween Costume!

Oh I'm so glad you'll still be able to go. It has been amazing to see the response of the Cast Members and OLC during the disaster, and I'm sure things will be back in top form when you go next fall. Thanks for your kind comments! :goodvibes

What a great anniversary present! OK, good tip about the popcorn bucket—I still don't know what to do with ours. Random whosits and whatsits... interesting... :teeth:

Fabulous! What a fun activity-turned-art piece! :thumbsup2

Hi Donna! I love the "lurkerlair"—thanks for stepping out of it momentarily! :rotfl2: That sweatshirt was sold at Disneyland around the time of the 50th anniversary. I wish we had bought two, because it is now practically threadbare. :( Every time we go to D-land—EVERY time—I look for another one that's as cool, and we are continually disappointed. They seem to be doing this vaguely Ed Hardy thing now where they'll have the classic logo but then put all this other printing and decoration and crap all over the sweatshirt—sooooo ugly!

Maybe try eBay? Also, I'll try to remember to let you know if we ever do discover something similar! :thumbsup2

Hi there! Thanks for the pic and the kind words! I'm so glad to know you've enjoyed this report even though you're already a Tokyo Disney pro. I wish that more Western Disney fans could experience Tokyo Disney as we have! :)

Craziness!! Almost a year after you were nice enough to answer me I came out of my Disney Cruise Research-Induced Coma to look back at my old posts. Taking you up on your ebay suggestion (even tho I'm ebay queen and had a search alert for said Disneyland hoodie saved for the longest), I went back just now and....it...was....there?!

Talk about Disney Magic! :wizard:

Maybe it's a sign I should be researching California instead hmmmmm? :rolleyes1

Hi Carrie! Fun to see you pop up on my CP list!:yay: Congrats on all of your newish ventures - I know you have alot of followers!

We will be moving to AZ this Fall, which DH has said means we will have an AP at DLR because we'll be 4 hours away! Can't wait! :woohoo: Have a Happy Easter!

That's fantastic for you guys! Congratulations! (Love your pirate costumes in your signature, btw.) Have a great Easter too! :goodvibes

Ok I am only page 24 of your trip report(and loving it!) but I watched the Ellen show yesterday and couldn't help but ask you about this. If you talk about it later in your report just refer me to that! Jessica Alba was on the Ellen show yesterday talking about her trip to Tokyo Disney and they showed a picture with her daughter Honor with the fairy godmother and the character was wearing a mask! Which was really creepy looking and Jessica talked about how she looked good from a far but when you got up it was baaaad! Did you see the fairy godmother?

Yes! Hang in there and eventually you'll get to the part about The Creepy Godmother.... :rotfl2:

I started reading this TR months ago, and have only been able to manage dribs and drabs at a time, but now I've finally finished it!! :cheer2: Phew!

Anyhoo, is the Passporter's Tokyo Disneyland out yet? I couldn't find it on the site.

Hooray! You made it to the end! :banana: Unfortunately the PassPorter was put on hold after the earthquake because so many things changed. We need to get someone back out there (me! me! :wave2:) to do more current research before we can release the book. :sad2:

Have been reading this fantastic TR for the last few nights, it is so good!

You've convinced us that we HAVE to go to Tokyo for our 10 year anniversary in September 2014. Unfortunately, we only have a weeks annual leave left for that year, do you think that is packing too much into too short a time? I believe it is around a 9/10 hour flight from the UK.

Off to read your other TR's now :)

So glad you enjoyed the trippie! Some of my other trip report links have dropped out of my signature, but you can find all of them together HERE.

I think a week's enough if you're mostly going for Disney and to see a bit of Tokyo. I'd say no fewer than 4 days at Disney, though, and then you'll still have time for a few days in Tokyo and maybe even a quick trip to Hakone. :thumbsup2

lurkyloo said:
So glad you enjoyed the trippie! Some of my other trip report links have dropped out of my signature, but you can find all of them together HERE.

I think a week's enough if you're mostly going for Disney and to see a bit of Tokyo. I'd say no fewer than 4 days at Disney, though, and then you'll still have time for a few days in Tokyo and maybe even a quick trip to Hakone. :thumbsup2

Thanks very much :-)

I know I'm just a wee bit late on this one, but I was thinking about planning a trip to Tokyo Disney and was looking for some info when I ran across a trip report on the Googlewebs! To my delight, it was by one of my favorite trip reporters, Lurkyloo! I'm only on day 2 so far and you haven't even been to Disneyland quite yet, but it's a fascinating read so far. :goodvibes

WELP. Found this TR this morning, finally finished it right now.

THANK YOU for such an extensive, well written, hilarious and nicely detailed trip report! Hands down one of the best I've seen around here! We're doing a trip over to Asia in the fall & everywhere seems to have just Disney nothing on the city itself, so I'm glad we got to adventure with you as well!

The hotels look amazing and beautiful, THAT VIEW at the Miracosta! WOW! Seems like the perfect place aside from the early morning rehearsals (which now have me thinking about overnights for the new Fantasmic casts...hm...) AND THAT POOL OH MY GOODNESS I'm so glad you were able to share those pictures!

I'm sure there's a million more things but I don't remember. Super glad to have found this! :)

Yes, I know this is an old thread, but still I'm so excited to go back and read it.

BTW I found it by way of your comment about cakes on the Restaurant forum. How's that for a circuitous route!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!