Tokyo Disney mini photo TR -May 2019

MomoMama

DIS Veteran
Hello! :wave:

I am in the process of going through photos of our Japan trip, and thought I will share some of them. This will not be a detailed TR... I did not take notes, and can't remember the details in the correct order. Anyways pictures probably will tell better story than my writing :)

We were there during the last week of May, and they had cute Easter event going on.

Last edited:
Lunch luau at the Polynesian Terrace was really fun. Each character visited each table and posed for photos.

Here comes Mickey!

You are asked to remain at the table so the characters and servers can walk around. There were some CMs that can help you take photos, but there were not enough for all the characters. We had a CM take pic for us with our first character, Lilo, but after that we saw the characters having hard time getting CM's attentions. So we just took selfies with my phone. My cheap phone does not take good pics especially under dark light. But it was fun taking selfies with them.
When the characters finished visiting all the tables, I guess there was little time left before the next show. Chip and Stitch were close to our table, and they interacted with us a bit more. Chip pulling prank on Stitch, Stitch asking us if we knew who had done it... It was really funny.

Also all the kids were called to the stage for a quick dance lesson.

I have always documented what DD ate in the TRs, because she has food allergies. I hope the information may help those with food allergies. So here is the pics of her "allergy-friendly" meal.

The below pic were mine, the regualr meal. Since DD is now only allergic to peanut and eggs, she had option to have this with fried fish replaced with another piece of chicken, but the allergy-friendly meal sounded better for her.
You must notify your food allergy when you check-in at the restaurant.

Donald is so popular, getting picture taken with him is not easy. There is no line, no order. You just have to be pushy enough to get in front of everyone else...which my DD is not good at. After a while we gave up and started to walk away, but his CM came to get us saying Donald wanted to meet the little Mary Poppins. so we went back and got the fluffy duck hug.:)

Marie also noticed DD's outfit, trying to tell us something...
We had no idea what she wanted to say, until her CM said Marie wanted to say "Mary Poppins."

Captain Hook did a little dance move with DD.

Pinocchio gathered all the kids so could get the photo done at once.

We had some good character meets, but it was not a great park day. It was so windy that they cancelled most shows and all parades. When it also started to rain, it got chilly and DD wanted to go back to the hotel.

We did not do much, but it was still a good day mostly because we has such good time at the Polynesian Terrace lunch luau.

Hi! :wave:

They had the "Find the bunny egg with catcher" this year.

View attachment 411997

We saw some, and marked our sheet. But we did not stay long enough to check every part of the park. The prize was going to be a sticker. DD did not think it was worth the effort. :P

My kids would probably agree. 😆 The prizes they got 3 years ago were quite nice. Wonder why they stopped doing that.

Thanks for sharing the pics! It gets me more excited about my trip. I am leaving this Saturday! Your DD’s Mary Poppins outfit is so cute. Did you make it yourself?

Thanks for sharing the pics! It gets me more excited about my trip. I am leaving this Saturday! Your DD’s Mary Poppins outfit is so cute. Did you make it yourself?

Thanks!
The tutu is store-bought, and I added the red bows. I made the top and the belt. I wanted a knit top that is comfortable to wear all day in the park.

Hope you will be having a magical time! pixiedust:
The Easter event is over, but you will get to see Tanabata summer festival shows!

We enjoyed visiting temples, shrines, castles and gardens. DD is fine with going those places with me, but of course I included more kids-friendly places in our plan too.

Those guys came from Didney store, not the Disney park store.

Feeding rhino

We fed one of those guys too.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!