Tokyo Disney, just returned

I hope that Tokyo Disney get Cookie and Olu soon! And the upcoming "TA" from Shanghai.

I'm guessing that Duffy's friends will be exclusive to Hong Kong, Shanghai and Aulani for at least a couple of years though.
Olu is very cute! I wonder what TA would look like. Olu is a turtle. Would TA be a bird?

OMG now we have 2 stuffies to get between Hong Kong and Tokyo. DD loves puppies and helping in the kitchen so Cookie is on the list. She also likes that the cat is an artist as she really likes to draw. DH is gonna be :scared1:. Good thing we're not going to Shanghai or Aulani because the turtle looks really cute as well.

Olu is very cute! I wonder what TA would look like. Olu is a turtle. Would TA be a bird?

Isn't he just! As a TMNT fan, Olu is giving me all the feels. But, even if we made it to Hawaii, Aulani is prohibitively expensive for us and I've read it's difficult to even visit the Aulani resort due to its location unless you hire a car.

"TA" being a bird seems pretty logical given we have a cat, rabbit, dog and turtle (and of course the original two teddy bears). It could be an animal of importance to Chinese culture since it will likely be exclusive to Shanghai for a while.

"TA" being a bird seems pretty logical given we have a cat, rabbit, dog and turtle (and of course the original two teddy bears). It could be an animal of importance to Chinese culture since it will likely be exclusive to Shanghai for a while.

One of my Shanghai Annual Passholder friends mentioned that the research team surveyed guests about what animal they would like to see for Duffy's new friend. Panda and Monkey were options.

One of my Shanghai Annual Passholder friends mentioned that the research team surveyed guests about what animal they would like to see for Duffy's new friend. Panda and Monkey were options.

D'oh! Of course - a panda would be pretty perfect (at least from an international perspective given the strong interconnection between pandas and China). But, maybe a panda wouldn't resonate as well with locals and, to my understanding, locals still make up the majority of visitors to Shanghai Disneyland. I'd be happy with either a panda or a monkey.

It's odd when I hear people saying that DisneySea doesn't feel like "Disney" to them, when it's one of the most authentic Disney experiences, in the classic sense, that Disney has ever built. In other words, it's not all princesses and character meet and greets and catered to kids.

DisneySea was designed to be a young adults/couple's park, and they're slowly adding more attractions that cater to a younger demographic as well, but in general, it fits the kind of mold that classic Disneyland has IMO.

In other words, it's not all princesses and character meet and greets and catered to kids.

That's the impression that a lot of people have when they first think of Disney parks. Most people have not seen 20,000 leagues under the sea and don't know about S.E.A. Most non-Asian visitors also don't really know Duffy. I think changing Stormrider to Searider was a great move and having more roaming Disney characters helps.

That's the impression that a lot of people have when they first think of Disney parks. Most people have not seen 20,000 leagues under the sea and don't know about S.E.A. Most non-Asian visitors also don't really know Duffy. I think changing Stormrider to Searider was a great move and having more roaming Disney characters helps.
We are going to TDL in April-- since many of you have been there recently, can you detail the Fastpass procedures (please?)? We have a hotel/ticket package that includes a set number of FPs. How are they used, and do I need to do something in advance (like we did with WDW FPs)? Thanks for your tips and suggestions!

We are going to TDL in April-- since many of you have been there recently, can you detail the Fastpass procedures (please?)? We have a hotel/ticket package that includes a set number of FPs. How are they used, and do I need to do something in advance (like we did with WDW FPs)? Thanks for your tips and suggestions!

I know normal FastPass is just like the legacy system still used at Disneyland and used at WDW til 2014. I'm not sure if the package FPs would be any different, but I don't think they would involve any scheduling.

Check out this thread about vacation package fastpasses.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/vacation-package-fast-passes.3732137/#post-60206712

Type A fastpasses can be used on any Fastpass ride whereas Type D fastpasses have restricted use as described here:
https://reserve.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/sp/about/fastpass_02

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!