Tokyo Disney Celebration Hotel

aleh021

Mouseketeer
We are planning to head back to Tokyo Disney Resort at the end of July.

We are playing around a lot with dates and are considering booking a Superior Room at the Celebration Hotel (Discover) for 4 nights. Then moving over to Tokyo Disneyland Hotel or Ambassador Hotel for next 3 nights.

With Soaring opening up this summer we want to take advantage of the Happy 15 and use it to our full advantage.

I was also happy to see that the Limousine Bus actually drops off at Celebration Hotel now from the airport.

Now my question...for those who have stayed at Celebration Hotel, what was your experience like? Did you enjoy it? There are reviews online that make me think twice but I really like the look of the hotel and we do not mind the bus at all to the parks. If I can wait for a bus at WDW then I can wait for an on time bus at Tokyo Disney.

I have not stayed there but one of my friends who has stayed at every Disney Hotel in TDR said that he would not stay at Celebration again unless he happened to have DVC points that were expiring but not enough to stay somewhere else.

While you won't have Happy 15, it will take less time to travel to the parks from the Bayside Station hotels and the breakfast will be better. There's also plenty of cheaper hotels along the Keiyo line that will get you to the park just as quickly as the Celebration Hotel. If you already have 3 days of Happy 15, I don't think you'll need 4 more days of Happy 15 unless you plan to wait hours for the best spot for shows. There's plenty of opportunities to go on rides in a 7 day trip. That said, if you must stay at a Disney Hotel during your Disney Vacation and don't want to pay more for the Ambassador Hotel, then go for it.

If you didn't have those 3 nights in the other hotels, Happy 15 would matter a lot more.

I stayed at the Celebration because we had DVC points about to expire. It was okay, but I probably won't do it again. The art work in the hotel and rooms are nice but that's about all it has going for it. Not a great choice of restaurants around it and only breakfast is offered at the hotel. The konbini in it is okay, but didn't have very much stuff the evening I arrived. Not near a train station. No actual closet space and the bathroom is tiny compared to the Ambassador or TDLH. It's a renovated standard Japanese hotel, not very similar to the other TDR hotels. It's also far away from the parks. I think you can find decent accommodations closer to TDR. But like the other Tokyo Disney accommodations I've stayed at, the customer service is top notch.

Last edited:
I stayed at the Celebration because we had DVC points about to expire. It was okay, but I probably won't do it again. The art work in the hotel and rooms are nice but that's about all it has going for it. Not a great choice of restaurants around it and only breakfast is offered at the hotel. The konbini in it is okay, but didn't have very much stuff the evening I arrived. Not near a train station. No actual closet space and the bathroom is tiny compared to the Ambassador or TDLH. It's a renovated standard Japanese hotel, not very similar to the other TDR hotels. It's also far away from the parks. I think you can find decent accommodations closer to TDR. But like the other Tokyo Disney accommodations I've stayed at, the customer service is top notch.

Thanks for the feedback! If we were to stay here we would honestly be at the park open to closing time. Which is why we were considering this spot here. The rate we found it for is $167/night. Which I thought wasn't terrible.

Thanks for the feedback! If we were to stay here we would honestly be at the park open to closing time. Which is why we were considering this spot here. The rate we found it for is $167/night. Which I thought wasn't terrible.
That seems like a pretty good rate to me. Most resorts in wdw take awhile on the bus to the parks.

That seems like a pretty good rate to me. Most resorts in wdw take awhile on the bus to the parks.

Very true.

I just realized as well that by booking here it will give us the ability to make dining reservations in English ahead of time and we are going with friends who have never been before so this is a big benefit to me.

As a WDW veteran i was pretty impressed with Celebration. I would put it in between a moderate and a value. I though the bus service was great and better than what you'd find at WDW (Japan transit in general is awesome and punctual)

I even slept on the day beds (we had 4 in a room) and I thought it was comfortable and the room was a decent size. I mainly stayed for the Happy 15. If you weren't concerned about that I'm guessing one of the official hotels on the monorail line would probably be "better" in terms of hotel star quality and transit time but you might be paying more and they probably wouldn't have the Disney charm that this hotel has. I really liked the models in the lobby, the parade float in the courtyard and the mural in the room.

What is it about the negative reviews you saw that made you worried?

At your rate, it will probably be fine. We paid for a Saturday, because it was the only hotel still open and so it was $$$. We were 3 people in a triple room and it was really cramped. The beds are not as big as the beds in the triple at the MiraCosta either (where we stayed most of our trip). And as someone else said, there really isn't room for stuff, or to spread out. If I had it to do over again, I would have looked more closely at the monorail hotels for 1 night.

But the lobbies are really pretty, and we enjoyed all the rest of the theming at Wish. I loved the topiaries in the courtyard. Access to food, would be a concern on a longer stay, but the 24 hour convenience store was well-stocked we thought. We did the breakfast in the morning, and selection is pretty limited. It was fine for one morning, but I wouldn't count on eating their every morning because I think it would get tiresome with lack of variety.

We took the Limousine Bus from the airport, and it was very convenient. Although, the Disney hotels are some of the last stops on the route. Almost half of the time was driving around the hotels around the park, so we were antsy to get off, and we had to wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!