Toddler toilet tips

rideswithchrist

DIS Veteran
My 2 year old is potty trained and we will be heading to Disney in just over a month. We are planning on bringing some pull ups just in case, BUT...he still uses a small potty chair.
We have not worked on the normal potty yet and he is too short to aim to pee, even standing on my feet.

TIPS?
Does anyone bring a potty seat with them? Last time we went, my youngest was almost 3 so he was already using a toilet.

AMazon has a large selection of folding potty seats including one with Mickey mouse on it :) I bought the Paw Patrol one last month but potty training hasn't start yet for my little nephew

My 2 year old is potty trained and we will be heading to Disney in just over a month. We are planning on bringing some pull ups just in case, BUT...he still uses a small potty chair.
We have not worked on the normal potty yet and he is too short to aim to pee, even standing on my feet.

TIPS?
Does anyone bring a potty seat with them? Last time we went, my youngest was almost 3 so he was already using a toilet.
how is your little one going to handle the auto flush? I would be more worried about that than folding seat. I would start working on that now while you have a little time at home yet. even if you cover the auto at his toilet the one next to him can flush and it will be loud unlike only one at home. that was a big problem for us

I'd start practicing... for boys, holding their shoulders and letting them sit backward and straddle the toilet can work well. The only tricky thing is you need to take one leg of their pants/shorts entirely off.

I loved my potette when my girls were training It can be either a seat on a full toilet or the legs snap for it to be a stand alone toilet that you attach a plastic bag to. Fit in the diaper bag and was a lifesaver.

WOhoo! Yesterday my hubby held him onto the toilet and he peed just fine.
We went to eat and they had a flush toilet, which was loud- he was startled until I said "oh yeah, that is a loud toilet huh?" And he just agreed.
He has been in bathrooms with auto flush before. BUT one has not gone off with him on it yet- we'll see how that works ha.

We might get a folding potty just in case. I looked at the poteete but I already have a potty chair so it seemed like a portable one would make more sense. I will bring our potty chair to keep in the campsite though.

AMazon has a large selection of folding potty seats including one with Mickey mouse on it :) I bought the Paw Patrol one last month but potty training hasn't start yet for my little nephew
I saw the Mickey one too !

how is your little one going to handle the auto flush? I would be more worried about that than folding seat. I would start working on that now while you have a little time at home yet. even if you cover the auto at his toilet the one next to him can flush and it will be loud unlike only one at home. that was a big problem for us

He has been in bathrooms before that flushed, but not on the toilet. We'll work on that. I remember my second born hated that until she was 7

I'd start practicing... for boys, holding their shoulders and letting them sit backward and straddle the toilet can work well. The only tricky thing is you need to take one leg of their pants/shorts entirely off.

After I posted, we decided just to try. I always thought backwards was much easier too. I hope for shorts weather so it is easier to get a pant leg off. :)

Years ago we took a folding potty seat. I'm not sure if they even sell them anymore. I would slip it in a zip lock bag and wash it every night at the hotel.

BRILLIANT! I didn't think of putting it in a ziplock. I'll still wipe it with wipes, but that is an nice extra measure.

My 2 year olds balanced on full sized toilets just fine, once they were trained, the little potty seats weren’t an option.

Our then 3yo learned on the regular toilet from the start We got a little stool so he could climb onto the toilet. We used a cushioned insert which made the toilet seat fit his tiny bum. He's 4 now and uses the toilet better than most teenagers

Bring post-it notes in case the automatic flush is a "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO POTTY!" situation. Hahaha it sounds like I may have personally experienced this, right? ;)

and oh yes, bring all your familiar potty training stuff, the seat, etc. Kid needs routine for this to even work a little bit!!!! we adults may all be relieved to go on a toilet when we gotta go, ;) but kids' bodies need the familiar...

Bring post-it notes in case the automatic flush is a "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO POTTY!" situation. Hahaha it sounds like I may have personally experienced this, right? ;)
just remember to remove as you leave as I have seen ones left which them stays on until next time toilet is checked by CM. they do start smelling

We took our 2 year old who was potty training and I just held him up when he needed to go. It wasn’t an issue. Kids adapt.

My 3 year old refuses to sit on an adult size toilet without a toddler potty seat on top. See my link below - we have one of these and I take it everywhere. He will use the adult toilet eventually. I’m just thrilled that he was completely trained before he turned 3. I’d rather accommodate him than have him go backwards because he doesn’t want to use the big toilet. We were at Disney the week before he turned 3 and this worked fine. The auto flusher seemed to think an adult was sitting on the toilet with this seat on top, so we didn’t have any accidental flushing issues.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06Z...or+toddler&dpPl=1&dpID=51Q1oXu3yeL&ref=plSrch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!