Toddler in Hollywood Studios

TinkBink

Mouseketeer
Our trip in January will be our first trip with our daughter who will be 17 months at the time. We would like to still to get a couple of the big rides in there but I'm having a hard time figuring out how one of us will entertain her while the other is on a ride. It looks like she will only be tall enough to ride Toy Story Mania. The only other thing I can think of is she might enjoy the new Disney Jr dance party? I'm guessing she will not sit through a show but we might give it a try. Any other ideas? Is there anything in Star Wars Launch Bay that might entertain her? Thank you for any suggestions!

I would do the Disney Jr. dance party. If you find out that she likes meeting characters, you could do some character meets - Disney Jr, Olaf, Buzz, Woody, etc. Or just do a special Disney snack or something.

We had great success with my 22 month old son at the Frozen singalong. It kept him engaged with the songs and big screen. We did that one for my 3 year old (who loved it) and weren’t sure how the almost 2 year old would do since he doesn’t exactly sit down for long periods of time :). He did great!

ETA: One more thing - do you think she’ll nap in the park in the stroller at all? Mine both still fall asleep in the stroller at WDW on so there’s always a possibility you guys can rider swap big rides if she naps there.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the suggestions! I never thought of the Frozen singalong but it looks like it could be great. I'm glad it worked so well with your son, gives me hope my little one might possibly sit down for it, too! She will definitely nap in the stroller but we are hoping to use that time for a little relaxing at the Brown Derby Lounge :) Thanks so much again!

My 20 month old loved Chewbacca at the Launch Bay. We skipped the Disney Jr Dance Party.

Honestly we didn't spend much time there because there were no FPs for TSMM at that time. I don't even think she went on a ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts