Toad Hall - Restaurant reviews

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
This counter service restaurant is located in Fantasyland.
If you are looking for fish and chips and other English fayre then you have found the right place.
For a look at the restaurant press here

Link to other restaurant reviews :)

Okay as previously announced we are hoping the boards can help :goodvibes If you have photographs of the restaurant and the food. If you have eaten here and can write a review. Even a couple of lines of what you liked, things to watch out for.. would be appreciated if you posted below :)

We have been twice to Toad Hall. It is a nice setting for a change with a Mr Toad theme inside. On a warm day it is lovely to sit outside and watch over Fantasyland.

The menu offers Fish and Chips which my DH and kids all recommend. I dont like fish so I had the Chicken burger on one occasion which was very dry and inedible to be honest. The second time I had the tomato soup which was fine for lunch.

There has been the odd occasion that we have passed and it is not open so it may be that it is only open when the park is busier.

We ate here in September '06 and, despite bad reviews, we found the fish and chips to be good. I particularly enjoyed the chips as they were big, chunky ones and not the french fries found pretty much everywhere else in the park.
My only gripe was the service which was slow.

I ate here on Sunday, May 20, 2007, around 2.30 pm.
I had the single fish and chips. It was VERY good, and with AP discount came to under 5 EUR, which I think was very good value!

P1020440.jpg

Service was fast, it were just the people in front of me that were slow :rolleyes1: (I mean, if you have to wait a little bit in line, and you still have to start thinking about what you want when it's your turn => STUPID PEOPLE!!!!)

I will certainly go back there!

Remember this is a restaurant review thread and not a place to name call ;)
Thank you :goodvibes

We ate here most of the times that we have been. The food is pretty standard, my friend did love her fish and chips though. The thing that sets the place apart is the beautiful surroundings. The building, both inside and out, is very convincing as Mr. Toads english mansion. :thumbsup2

Decent lunchtime stop this, and like has been said, i like the nice thick chips you get with the fairly nice fish :)

For a counter service restaurant it has a great atmosphere (when it's not too stuffed with people). I really like the interior, it's comfy and looks like you are in an old manor house.

we ate here on my first night back at DLRP. After 36 hours of flying from India, numerous delays, and being on malaria meds, my stomach was not looking forward to a large meal. We were surprised to find only a few people in line here at around 1730hrs, so after a quick glance at the menu chose to eat here.

I ordered a green salad and frites; kathleena had one of the mixed salads and frites. We had to hunt for the ketchup (for her) and mayo (for me) for our frites, but after she had gone to beg for some I finally found the packets hiding under the salads.

The frites were good - I miss European style ones in North America, so these were quite good. The salad was basic but fresh, with some cherry tomatos as well.

Based on the small amount of veggie items, I won't be hurrying back, but it is a good place if not busy for a quick meal. Our 'room' where we sat was empty, and gave us some privacy to chat without being overheard by our neighbours, or disturbed by more active groups.

Hi Sandra,

wow! Many thanks for the pics! The problem is: now I'm hungry...:) . Well, we'll go to DLP in 2 weeks and thanks to your pics we'll give Toad Hall a try!

Many thanks,
Winterfee

I was glad to find this one open for a change, and the setting is loveley. However, just one cashpoint open meant a crazy wait, and when my husband got me the wrong drink accidentally, I was not allowed to change it without queuing up again and my food going cold. I asked a passing member of staff for assistance, but she was rude and dismissive. Great chips, but I wouldn't return until the staffing is sorted out.:eek:

We had the chicken burger here........have to say, avoid it.....really dry, the sauce stuff is horrid, the chips were ok though i didnt think the portions were big enough for the price. i cant comment on the fish though cos i dont like fish.

We ordered the chicken burgers too but the bun was solid as a rock on both of them and the chicken awful as it was dry so it ended up in the bin. Fries were nice but you dont get many of them do you.

My Dnephew had the chicken burger from here last week - he didn't like the mayo with it (is it dill mayo or something?) but Dsis just gave him some ketchup to put on the chicken, then he was fine with it.

Our meal here last week was the best value, and most tasty, out of the 3 counter service meals we had. The food was piping hot, I had the fish and chips meal, which was only 10 euros, and came with a soft drink plus a huge cup of tomato soup and loads of croutons. I could have quite easily split this with DD, there was so much of it. The fish was lovely, beautiful crisp batter, and real chunky chips.

we ate here twice last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have to admit that Toad Hall is one of my favourites and we've always had pretty decent fish and chips. I was quite disappointed they were closed on Friday lunchtime but they were open on the evening for the MNSSHP so we had a quick bite to eat amongst all the partying. The portions were certainly big enough for me to share mine with dd and they even gave her a toy which wasn't part of my meal deal ;) loved the halloween themed napkins too !

i ate here the night of the mnnshp. we got two fish and chip meals and separate chips for the girls. it was so nice and such good value. the tomato soup wasnt all watery like i had elsewhere and really warmed me up. the guy there was really nice and when i asked to buy a yoghurt drink he said they dont sell them outside the meal but then when i was leaving he put one on my tray!!!!

i ate here in july 2007 and iv got to agree with what a lot of people are saying about the chicken burgers being dry! the chips were nice though and the service wasn't too slow but we did have trouble trying to find a seat. I would probably go back again for lunch if i was in fantasyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!