To upgrade or not

abner1776

DIS Veteran
I have 5 day passes purchased in 2016. Some are base and some are PH passes.

1. I am assuming that the PH passes(with their 14 day expiration rules) are still valid and need no upgrade, but

2. If I wanted to upgrade the base passes to PH passes it looks like it would cost me upwards of $100 per pass rather than the old upgrade cost of $60 AND if I do pay the $100 to upgrade these base passes does the 14 rule still apply or do the new expiration rules apply ?

1. I am assuming that the PH passes(with their 14 day expiration rules) are still valid and need no upgrade, but

2. If I wanted to upgrade the base passes to PH passes it looks like it would cost me upwards of $100 per pass rather than the old upgrade cost of $60 AND if I do pay the $100 to upgrade these base passes does the 14 rule still apply or do the new expiration rules apply ?

1. Yes.
2. That's currently an unknown.
I'm inclined to think that if you wanted the full 14-day window, you'd have to pay extra and
get the "unlimited" kind of current ticket.
(It MIGHT even depend on the particular CM whom you lucked upon to do the upgrade.)

Let us know what happens if you try to modify your tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter