To those in the Carolinas, Georgia and Virginia

For sure. I know a lot of folks in the potential path of the storm including many DISers. Stay safe. If they tell you to leave, do it. Load up the car and head west until it's safe to return.

This thing is just so unpredictable! I've never seen one change paths so drastically. We've gone back and forth on what is happening here (Upstate SC). Glad it's not going to be our Hugo! I did that one when I was 7!

Hoping for the best for all in Florence's path. Please know you're in our thoughts, and let us know how you are, when you can!! :grouphug:

We are inland NC and have family staying with us who evac'd from the coast and a BIL living in Wilmington, NC who is going to ride out the storm as he's a firefighter and working. We expect a LOT of rain here. Any areas that are prone to flooding WILL flood. We have a generator and are ready to tackle whatever comes our way.

Stay safe....which means leave if you are able to and in the projected path. Possessions and things can be replaced, people can't.

Thank you! We are a few hours inland in SC, expecting lots of rain and hopefully the wind isn't too bad. Thinking of everyone on the coast.

Thanks. The tropical depression is better than a hurricane or tropical storm. We have had 2-3 inches of rain since about 830am. Flash flood warnings are in effect for our area. This is much better than the Carolina’s have received.

Thanks for all, the positive vibes and prayers.

So far the damage at our house was a tree down in the yard and some water in the basement. The situation is more severe in NC and SC. A friend of mine from high school lives near the coast of NC. The house she rented ended up being 2+ feet in water. It is now going to have to have a major remodel and she cannot live in it. She is a teacher. This is more the norm in eastern NC

For those in or near the Willmington area Convoy of Hope has their main base of operations set up to help you with food, water, and cleaning supplies all at no charge. They will remain in the area as long as help is needed and will eventually have teams in to help with clean up. (They are still working in the Houston area as well as in Porto Rico from last years Hurricanes). For more information or to make a donation go to convoy of hope dot org.

Harris Teeter has on their social media/twitter on free water/ice sites to those in need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!