To my friend Montessori

Loubon

DIS Veteran
I was so stunned by the news of Montessori’s passing that I did not know what to say when I posted on the memorial thread. I felt I owed my friend more than that.

We found each other on the DIS Class Yearbook thread and she was truly the first person I thought of as a friend on these boards. It’s strange because even as I think that, it is not like we had ever met in person or even spoke on the phone. Our friendship and connection came solely from the desire to make others smile.

While others might have thought the idea of posting pictures to mimic someone’s screen name was silly, we truly enjoyed it not only for the creative challenge but just on the hope it would make someone laugh and smile. It caused us to laugh at each other quite frequently.

We would go on “posting rolls” where we would see how many we could add in a short amount of time. Her early morning posts were a contrast to my late in the day posts that had me dubbing us the day shift and the night shift. And it was always a race to see who could post first when someone would request to be added. Sometimes we even got there at the same time! The mutual respect for each other’s creativity got to the point that we would not only post for acceptance by the person we choose but also by each other.

While this went on for over a year, her PMs were always signed with a sunshine. And it was only a few short months ago that I realized I had never bothered to ask her what her “real” name was. We both had a laugh at that.

Finally, as the thread reached 150 pages she was worried it would be shut down. I told her no problem we would start a new one and link them together but she said it wouldn’t be the same. She wanted this one to continue so others would be happy. She was the happiest person on the DIS when Alex lifted the page restriction on the threads. So we just had to let it continue on.

I will miss those e-mails that said, Montessori has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled – The DIS Class Yearbook - in the Community Board forum of The DIS Discussion Forums.

But most of all I will miss my friend.

In Memory of Montessori

I didnt know her but this is touching from a friend like you are

Lou:hug:
What a beautiful tribute to a friend

Nicely said, Lou. :hug: Hard to top a friend, regardless how we come by them, a friend is priceless. Mary Ann gave many folks here a chance to smile, to shine, as have you also, Lou. You were a team, a team, a great word that is, team. I do think Montessori will provide you with much inspiration in the future, Lou, to continue, making smiles, as you both so often did. Rest your soul, Mary Ann.

what a guy......montessori was lucky to count you as one of her DIS friends.

I have really enjoyed looking through The DIS Class Yearbook thread. That was a beautiful tribute.

:hug:

You always know just what to say... your sadness is reflected by us all. Some of us did not know her well, but we were all touched by her gift. Thanks for expressing what is in many peoples hearts...:sad1:

:grouphug: Very nice words about Montessori. I know what it is like to have great friends here on the DIS. I am so very sorry :(.

That was so touching Lou. Sudden loss like this just catches a person and leaves 'em breathless.......

The Yearbook thread is one of my favorites and Montessori's contributions will be missed!!

Lou,

That was truely a beautiful tribute to a special person. It left me in tears. I am so sorry and she will be missed.

:hug: :(

That was a really beautiful post. It's amazing how we can build these strong bonds with people over the internet. I hope the yearbook thread goes on and on as a tribute to all the happiness she spread. :)

Lou,

I am so sorry for your loss and your post was beautiful. I loved the humor that you two found in life. Mary Ann will be missed she and Roy (FloridaCat) were very special people.

Lodge_people.gif

The WL (Wilderness Lodge) Vets

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter