To Lanyard or not to lanyard, that is the question

As someone else mentioned, I don’t think Disney has rolled out MagicBands to DCL yet because your KTTW is still needed because it contains important information such as muster station and is used as identification by port authorities. My understanding is that even on RCCL (which offers the WOW bands), your SeaPass card is still required when dis/embarking the ship.
They can print the muster station on the band or color code. Other lines have found a way around this. But you are correct in that there is no line that allows you to disembark/ embark with just the band. I'd still pay the upgrade for having a band on the ship.

I ended up getting a crossbody iPhone case with a wallet. It also had a wristlet strap so I could carry it around a different way too. Worked great because I always had my phone ready for a quick picture AND my card.

Ah the great debate continues! First DCL cruise in 2018 was our family's first, and I commemorated it with getting Disney cruise lanyards for everyone off the Disney store website since it was on sale back then. It was great to have it, since KTTW was easy to access, and it felt cool to wear one. :) For my upcoming cruise in April, my husband doesn't even know that I bought him a lanyard for his first DCL cruise. As for me, I was thinking of finding something like a wristlet such as the gift card bands that can be found during the Food and Wine Festival as an example. Unless someone knows something off of Etsy...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter