To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

Not sure what you mean by "I'm not eligible", but just to be clear to anyone else looking to jump in:

Do you want the 88.8 to be 1:28:48 (88.8 min)?
I thought I had to enter a guess in prior races to be eligible.

And yes, I'll go with 1:28:48. I just use guesses that involve famous fast speeds from movies that require minimal brain power on my end.

I thought I had to enter a guess in prior races to be eligible.

And yes, I'll go with 1:28:48. I just use guesses that involve famous fast speeds from movies that require minimal brain power on my end.

You can play without having done the other races. I designed it so that the minimum was a single HM and the Disney M. Then to incentivize players I offer a bonus if you play in more races. That way late players, life gets interrupted so less DIS time, new reader joins in October can all still play.

Sounds good!

With your recent training and without a 5K & 10K the other days before, like in 2018, I am in for a new PR and say:

1:29:39

Last edited:

After much thought, I'd probably far too much unnecessary math that makes little to no sense I am entering a guess of 1:33:07, don't let me down.

DoLittle HM Weather Report: 10 Days to go!

Time to start getting a feeling as to where the weather will be. Historically for DoLittle we're looking at this:

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 8.09.50 AM.png

And the current forecast is:

Start at 7am and end at 9am
9/13/19 - T+D of 112-119 (adj of 1%), 53% cloudy, 19% chance of rain, 8mph SW wind

I'll take it for sure. Right in the middle in terms of what the last 5 years have been. Not the best and not the worst. Considering most every other day in the forecast during 7-9am is worse, things seem pretty good at the moment.

My Guess: 1:37:31
The numbers I see suggest you are faster, but I am a pessimist at heart and always assume the weather will be terrible. So, I am adding 3.5% and assuming you are not using the magic shoes because of the rain.
Unaccounted for variable: Will G be out there cheering you on? Because that may be as much of a boost as any fancy shoes.

So, I am adding 3.5% and assuming you are not using the magic shoes because of the rain.

Pessimist away!

That would be a T+D of 141-143 (3.5%) which I haven't seen in quite some time I believe. With that being said, I do believe my runs on Wed/Thurs afternoon of next week will be in that vicinity as we're looking at a Temp swing coming.

To be honest, it's going to take a deluge for me not to wear the "magic shoes".

Unaccounted for variable: Will G be out there cheering you on? Because that may be as much of a boost as any fancy shoes.

She will be at the race. Although very likely only at the start/finish. I believe they have a free kids race that she will participate in.

This made me laugh. I don't think I've seen many runs below that since...April. You can keep your snow and I'll keep my heat and humidity though! :rotfl:

:P

You'd also probably think temps in the 30-40s are cold, but to me that's prime racing/training weather. That's when I really start feeling good and may start considering something other than a tank and shorts. Funny how we adapt to our climate since I grew up most of my life in GA. I don't miss double summer training days for football in the GA summers. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter