To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

I do what you say with running, so my guess is 3:03:01

(my hope is any time that equals a unicorn)

:laughing:

Of course that would likely be a non-unicorn registration time worthy prediction. My BQ is a sub-3:05. However, the last few years have been BQ-2.5 minutes (no way to know in advance), which means I would have needed a 3:02:30 or better. So sticking with a 3:03:01?

:laughing:

Of course that would likely be a non-unicorn registration time worthy prediction. My BQ is a sub-3:05. However, the last few years have been BQ-2.5 minutes (no way to know in advance), which means I would have needed a 3:02:30 or better. So sticking with a 3:03:01?

Then sticking with my theory of doing what you tell me to do, you can change mine to 3:02:30 and I'll leave it up to you to get the "or better" part (which I'm confident you can do) :)

3:01:29 - I think your fitness will be good enough to get you sub-3, but your blind pacing will hold you back. As we've discussed before, your pacing during races is not consistent, and you need much less variation in order to get to sub-3.

3:01:29 - I think your fitness will be good enough to get you sub-3, but your blind pacing will hold you back. As we've discussed before, your pacing during races is not consistent, and you need much less variation in order to get to sub-3.

Would it change your guess if I told you I was planning to not run blind? The plan as of right now is to stick to a 6:55-7:05 min/mile pace through 12 miles. Then whatever happens happens from there.

My prediction is 2:59:48. My prediction results from a combination of factors:

1. I'm predicting you meet your goal because that would be a happy event.
2. Sub-3 is tough, so I'm guessing you finish just slightly under 3. Therefore, prediction begins with 2:59.
3. 48 is based on the 48.6 miles of Dopey and you are, after all, DopeyBadger.

Before you laugh, remember I took 2nd place in a lakeshore dorm NCAA tournament pool long ago! And I didn't know anything about basketball.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter