To Infinity and Beyond - A Pixar WISH Challenge! February 2018

I track on my fitness pal. I'm not overly obsessive about it. I just make a guestimate about things (trying to aim too high) and plug it in. I'm not measuring my food because I know I won't do that for the rest of my life, so why do it now? I'm not in a hurry to change my body. It'll change slowly but surely. I just keep plugging along.

Exercise wise I am currently playing pickle ball three times a week and taking my stretching class the other two mornings. I haven't been very good at taking my yoga class three times a week after work. Yesterday I purposefully skipped it because it was gorgeous weather and I decided to be outside weeding instead of inside surrounded by people. I've also failed miserably at doing my weight lifting. I like it well enough but just never seem to actually do it! I would like to run again. I didn't do it for very long and I wasn't very fast, but I did enjoy it. I'd also love to swim again. Both are out of the question as my body didn't like them and what I do now is pretty much pain free. I'd like to keep it that way!! I'll walk again with my group this summer when I'm off work. We have a three day weekend in a couple weeks so will be able to walk that day.

Wednesday, February 7

tumblr_o8w0k9RnK41tvcu5uo1_500.gif

It's Woohoo Wednesday!!!

What are you celebrating today?
Non-scale victories, a little thing that made your week brighter, big things to celebrate?
No woohoo is too big or small!

:banana:

It's Woohoo Wednesday!!!

What are you celebrating today?
Non-scale victories, a little thing that made your week brighter, big things to celebrate?
No woohoo is too big or small!

Good morning! I was asked to facilitate a strategic planning session for another department in my office yesterday, and it went AMAZINGLY well! They have even asked me back for a follow-up session.

I was so psyched after work that when I was walking to the train station, all I could think of was how I would celebrate...with food (DH was out, so it was just me at home). McDonalds? Panda Express? A Starbucks latte before my train?

Well, I put the kibosh on those thoughts! Celebrating does NOT need to involve food! I went straight home after the commute and had a black bean burger, oven fries, a large glass of water, and Antiques Road Show. All on plan.

It really made me feel stronger.

Last night when I went to bed I was thinking today would be Thursday and when I got up this morning I was thinking it was Friday and wondering how the week went by so darn fast... but here we are at Woohoo Wednesday!

I tracked my food again yesterday, so woohoo for doing it two days in a row. I was still over in calories but closer, so that's good. I had been wondering if I could keep up my Starbucks breakfast habit and still lose weight, but I'm seeing that it sets the day up poorly and I can't seem to recover, so I'll have to have a go at cutting the SB cord - again.

I booked my hotel at the beach yesterday, for the second week in March... love heading down to the coast during the winter. I'll be at my usual hotel in Long Beach for a couple days then will go up to my Sister's for at least a night - she's planning to be moved by the end of February.

I'll be booking my Alaska hotel some time this week. Airfare is going to be quite expensive, so I was thinking about renting a car in Anchorage and driving to Cordovan, but this isn't even possible, so fly it is.

Even though I'm kind of stuck in the first week of the course I'm taking, I have had some subtle but significant shifts, which is what the course is all about. Last week I had a situation that registered as 'stress' but I was able to break it down to a specific emotion, and when contemplating that emotion realized it was based on completely false beliefs. Yesterday I was 'tired', then the course leader posted about being 'weary' which resonated with me. Weary can also mean tired but it seemed to be more specific... like worn out from carrying a heavy load instead of say, lack of sleep. Identifying, naming and examining emotions is something I was hoping to get better at, so I am well pleased.

Have a wonderful woohoo-able Wednesday everyone!

Today my main woohoo is I made it to my work presentation alive and on time. We are getting a snow storm right now. It is not going to be bad just 3-5 inches but it just came at a bad time, Rush Hour. Normally i would just drive the 10 minutes to the train and take that into the office but today I had to be off site and had no option of the train. It was a mess to drive in and the highways were a wreck so i went the back roads.

Also, I am very excited that I am down almost 3 pounds already this month.

I came home feeling stressed tonight, tired from long hours on calls, commute and not moving much. It's usually my stress our - me trying to get 5 minutes break, my son asking for food and for me to check the homework, cooking and fighting the feel that I need some downtime.

Well today - we were home by 4:30pm, I left my son to change and unwind for few minutes and did 30 minutes bodybalance in the bedroom. I end up having better mood and more energy after. I had my beef masala cooked and defrosted, one pot with cauliflower and brocolli and another one with rice & tumeric. In 15 minutes we had delicious meal. And of course - I cook, hubby cleans! So 6 pm, and I am thinking relaxing bath!

I need to discipline myself and cook & plan ahead every weekend. Having good week in general

Thursday, February 8

Ok, so we've talked about food and fitness-- today let's talk about our mind.

Some days are woohoo-able and others are just....

tumblr_os8p0ixQ9i1qk6qs7o2_r1_540.gif

What are some things you do to renew your mind and keep you on track when it feels like you are ready to give up?
What is something you do just for you?

Last edited:

What are some things you do to renew your mind and keep you on track when it feels like you are ready to give up? What is something you do just for you?

Good morning! My motivation comes by action -- it's like a snowball. So I do what I know I need to do, and the motivation catches up.

This weight loss journey has been somewhat different for me -- I realized that up until now, I kept promises to everyone in my life -- husband, kids, church, work, friends, etc. Everyone except me. So if I don't want to exercise, or if I want that piece of cake, I just picture a little 4-year old in my head stamping her foot and yelling, "But you PROMISED!!"

I realized I needed to regroup a bit after only losing 2.5 pounds in January. So I'm returning to the things that excited me back in September when I started my journey -- revisited podcasts. Also, in the gym, I realized I was going more for "step count" than for "cardio" or the benefits of the work out. This week, I've stepped it up a lot and have been coming out the gym much sweatier, but more energized, than I'd been doing.

I think my walking is just for me. I walk to and from the train station and work, in downtown Chicago. It's a great city to walk, and my path takes me down the river. It's refreshing. Even in the cold, rain, and snow!

Well, I put the kibosh on those thoughts! Celebrating does NOT need to involve food! I went straight home after the commute and had a black bean burger, oven fries, a large glass of water, and Antiques Road Show. All on plan.

Woohoo! I need to keep reminding myself of that as well!

I booked my hotel at the beach yesterday, for the second week in March... love heading down to the coast during the winter. I'll be at my usual hotel in Long Beach for a couple days then will go up to my Sister's for at least a night - she's planning to be moved by the end of February.

I'll be booking my Alaska hotel some time this week.

So exciting!!!!

oday my main woohoo is I made it to my work presentation alive and on time.

Also, I am very excited that I am down almost 3 pounds already this month.

Woohoo! Great progress too!

Well today - we were home by 4:30pm, I left my son to change and unwind for few minutes and did 30 minutes bodybalance in the bedroom. I end up having better mood and more energy after. I had my beef masala cooked and defrosted, one pot with cauliflower and brocolli and another one with rice & tumeric. In 15 minutes we had delicious meal. And of course - I cook, hubby cleans! So 6 pm, and I am thinking relaxing bath!

Niiiiice! Planning helps so much!

I love bodybalance classes and often end up feeling much better after class, than before.

I remind myself of the alternative. I have a mental picture of my aunt and my father and how overweight she is or he was and what the impact to her self esteem, confidence, marriage, health, energy, career. It sounds terrible and it hurts me to think of her as the scary example - she is wonderful person, highly educated, very dedicated to the family including me when I was left without mother, great fun to be around, kind, selfless and caring. The weight is really negatively impacting her life. I am a lot like her when she was young, even my own mother confused my aunt's childhood pictures as me. It's scaring me that if I don't keep on top of it, the impact can be way above not liking myself in the mirror.

Some people say that I am always on diet. I don't think I am. It's life choice for me. I am not willing to accept the alternative. Excellent question.

Good morning! My motivation comes by action -- it's like a snowball. So I do what I know I need to do, and the motivation catches up.
!

Motivation is so unreliable! I also find I need to do the actions, with or without motivation. Sometimes it comes, other times not but I don't think it's realistic to wait for it to be there. Boy did it took me long to figure this out!

lol

I had plans on getting back to the boards yesterday, but the day just got away from me!

So belated woohoo-- the cleanse is over! And I'll call it a success. No casualties. I didn't have anything else but the juices. Yay! More than the few pounds I dropped (that I am sure to gain back until I normalize and loose them again), this was so eye opening. I really got to see how much of my habits are just that -- habits. Not actual needs for food. I hope I can keep up with listening to my body. It's so easy to get distracted by the fun, schedules, boredom, etc.... but if I can just hone in on my cues, I really think that could be life changing. At least for a "diet" aspect!

QOTD: @lovesmurfs & @HappyGrape are right in line where I am. If I do the things I know I need to do, the motivation follows. I waited on the motivation for a year and half and nothing! It wasn't until I started acting (with baby baby steps I may add), that the motivation came. I am struggling right now with the motivation aspect... I've been away from the gym, my toe still really hurts, etc. But I am trying to meet my excuses head on. Guess what? I can go ride the bike and do the exercises that don't hurt my foot because something is better than nothing! I guess that's one of my ways to combat my "ugh" days-- with a good "suck it up buttercup" speech to myself about my excuses.

My "me" time is usually on Saturdays. I go to WW and then do the shopping for the household. Sometimes I shop for me a little as well. :D Being that DH and I work together, I reallllllly enjoy my Saturday mornings alone doing errands as weird as that may sound. But I do want a little more mindful development. So one thing I am going to work on this year is getting in a little yoga on those Saturday mornings as well.

And of course, my biggest recharge is a weekend at Disney! But those aren't as easy to pull off as a yoga class Haha!

This weight loss journey has been somewhat different for me -- I realized that up until now, I kept promises to everyone in my life -- husband, kids, church, work, friends, etc. Everyone except me. So if I don't want to exercise, or if I want that piece of cake, I just picture a little 4-year old in my head stamping her foot and yelling, "But you PROMISED!!"

This is awesome! LOL!

QOTD:

Renewing my mind... I'd have to say feeding it brings renewal, but not the food kind of feeding, its when I put myself in places and situations where I'm going to hear new ideas that trigger something for me, make me look at things from a different point of view. And all the phyiscal clearing I've been doing in the house has resulted in mental renewal, because when I'm not constantly thinking "I should do this chore or that chore" I have the mental space to think about other things. And the outdoors time is brain food that brings on renewal.

Just for me... let's face it, my whole life is just about me. I can do or not do just about anything anytime I want (kind of like when traveling solo to WDW). But as I mentioned yesterday, I need to be applying the respect filter to every choice... asking myself "is this coming from a place of self respect or from addiction?" and "how am I going to feel after I do this?"

Yesterday the course leader posted that as she's clearing stuff away, she's starting to hear her body say she needs to get off of sugar. When I read that I thought she might as well have texted me directly... "Lizanne, let's kick sugar together!". It was no great mystery, but in tracking my food I can clearly see that probably 75% of my calories are coming directly from sugar. When I saw her post it already had about 20 responses and Whole 30 had come up numerous times. Dang it. Whole 30 is rough, but its exactly the kind of structure/plan that I need. Dang it. And I absolutely positively know I need to kick my sugar habit. Errr.... addiction.

PS: I forgot a woohoo from yesterday. I have a tattoo appointment Sunday and I finally decided what to get: a delicate flower wreath is going to go behind/around the moth on my hand and on the inside of my wrist there's going to be deer antlers with flowers, and the words "exactly enough" will either be above or below the horns. I'm really really excited about it!

Last edited:
My wahoo is that we got to facetime our DS2 who is going to school on the other side of the country. Lovely to see him, especially since he'd been ignoring us for several days! kids

When I'm ready to give up I like to review where I was. It's nice to see change and feel change. I do so love those black lines on my scale and putting them behind me! But I also like thinking about how baggy my clothes are getting when they were tight before.

I get up at o'dark thirty and go to the Y just for me. I love the people in my classes and enjoy that I've got a workout done while the rest of the world is still snoozing. Today I was one of the people still snoozing. It was quite the surprise when I turned off my alarm (apparently fell back asleep) and next time I looked at the clock class had started 10 minutes earlier! Oops

Friday, February 9

We've spent a week with the Toy Story gang, so let's get our tires in gear and head over to Radiator Springs!

Today, let's talk portion control.

"Do not eat the free pistachio ice cream -- it has turned!"

cars2-07.jpg

Somethings are too good to be properly portioned!
(Maybe not wasabi, but definitely maybe pistachio ice cream!)

What are some foods that you find easy to eat proper portions of?
What foods are hard?
How do you keep yourself on track?

Oh my! I do not know what happened on the post! I am going to try to fix it now!

Edit: We are all good now I think -- let me know if it looks crazy on your end LOL!

Good morning -- post looks fine!

The single items of anything are easy to portion control. An apple, an orange, a slice of pizza.

My problem with portions are stuff like potato chips / pretzels, and, yes, ice cream. I don't weigh much of my food, but I do weigh those things, and probably will going forward -- it's not that much time, and it gives me perspective.

I keep myself on track by planning out my day as far in advance as I can. DH and I (empty nesters now that DD is in college) have been subscribing to Sunbasket meal prep delivery -- it's healthy, organic food (mostly under 650 calories/meal) and so when I leave for work, the whole day is planned. The less I can leave to chance and decision-making, the better.

Happy Friday!

ETA: Just weighed in (I like to weigh on Fridays and then again on Mondays to keep me accountable and thinking through the weekend). Down to 240.8. Total loss since mid September - 64.2 pounds.

Total loss so far in February - 8.6 pounds (86% to goal for the month). Amazing how recommitting (revisiting what got me psyched about weight loss back in September) has really, really helped get me back on track.

Last edited:
QOTD: Excellent question, as it made me realize I never even think about portion control. I'm kind of a grazer, so I tend to keep going back for more, unless its a proper sit down style meal. I'll have to incorporate portion control in the major changes that are coming... I started pulling info on Whole 30 yesterday. I think I'm going to have to go back thru the fridge and pantry again and just throw everything out, clear it all away, wipe the slate clean. Then go shopping and only restock with things on the Whole 30 list. Throwing away food is one of the things I want to get control of, but I think it has to happen one more time to effectively reset.

The weather for tomorrow is still looking pretty good - dry with some sun and temps in the high 40's, so I will most definitely get some outdoors time. And some sewing time, as I really need to address my work wardrobe, or lack there of.

Oh, and I did a bad thing... I bought some pink yarn. I ordered pink linen fabric for a new top from a store in NYC that has free shipping for orders over $110, so I added pink yarn to my order. Yep, shortly after I posted that I didn't need to buy any yarn because I could now see everything I had, I did indeed buy more yarn. This is a reoccurring pattern with me: one half of my brain says something like "No more Starbucks" and the other half of my brain hears "more Starbucks", and I almost immediately do what I just said I wasn't going to do. Something else to work on....

Hope all have a happy and healthful weekend.

This week has been rough and is ending with me being really stressed out. Some of is just work stuff but the other is my daughter. Girls at school are talking behind her back and lately she has been complaining about being dizzy and shaky. i took her to the doctor yesterday and they did some blood work. It all came back fine so this is made up in her head in a way. I just need to figure out how to get her though this. The doctor is having me give her melatonin and hoping that some of this is because she is not getting good sleep at night.

I have lost 3.5 pounds this month so far and I haven't even done much. I think I have only gotten my steps once and have done no other working out. I am eating ok but good enough to lose this much in such a short time without working out too. I think this weekend I just need to relax a bit before next week starts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!