To Infinity and Beyond - A Pixar WISH Challenge! February 2018

When it comes to your food, do you track everything?
Do you keep a journal or food diary?
Are you counting calories, points, or going by feeling satisfied?
If so, what do you use and why does it work for you?

If tracking food isn't part of your journey, is there anything else you track or journal (exercise, mindfulness, etc)?

Good morning! Yes, I track everything. Food in Noom, water, steps and exercise in with my FitBit app. I track calories in and calories out (through exercise calories). I start the day with 1,200 calories, but nearly always "earn" more with exercise -- about 600 additional per day.

I want to move to the satisfaction scale, but it's still too scary. I feel like I need the structure of the calories. I know that if I'm going to succeed long-term, I need to stop counting calories and listen to my body, but I'm just not ready, yet.

Hi! You just need to hit "Reply" at the lower right. The cursor will go to the grey "quick reply" box. Just make sure you start typing after you see the
. Hit a couple of returns, and start typing. You can probably edit the previous post if you want to see how it looks.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!! That's much easier than what I was trying to do!

Well that sorta worked...I think it was the extra quote tag in there. But I get the general idea now!

For me it's super eye-opening to see exactly what serving sizes are (I've been measuring those out as well) and both how quickly calories add up and how the different nutrient counts come in. I think once I have a better feel for how those things look, I won't have to track all the time.

You're right! Committing to real serving sizes is definitely enlightening.

Get outside every day... 100% on track. I realized I can satisfy the course requirement M-F while I'm waiting for the bus in the morning. I just need to shift to standing on the grass instead of the cement and give myself an intentional pep talk of positivity while I'm looking up at the sky... thru the trees branches that form this awesome lacy pattern.

What a great way to incorporate that and to start your day :)

I want to move to the satisfaction scale, but it's still too scary.

Tell me about it! That is the dream though for me haha!

I meant to come back earlier but the day got away from me--- which may be a good thing keeping me distracted from not eating LOL!

Anyway-- Weekend question: I loooove all the Pixar movies I've seen, but top 2 would have to be 1) Up (my stateside wedding was themed to Up :love:) and 2) Inside Out (sooo powerful IMO)

Today's Question: I need to be better at tracking... I've tried MFP, Fooducate (a phone tracking app), and now Weight Watchers. I am liking that with the new WW you don't have to track 0 point food-- that fits my not liking to track style. And it is also nudging me pretty solidly to eat more fruits, vegs, and lean proteins. I sort of track my exercise.... but only for end of the month totals. I don't eat my earned fit points.

I am journaling a little during this cleanse. I am trying to clue into my real hunger cues versus cues based on schedule or smells or just plain boredom. I don't know if it's something I will keep doing though.

-- Chef Art Smith's Homecoming... That's just one meal though. I know there will be plenty of opportunities to make better choices for the other meals. So I am going to get this scale down this month!

I have chef Art Smith's booking for the summer, let me know if you rate it well please

Hi...I am new to this challenge too and would like to join. I joined the February exercise challenge and want to give this a try to.

First I will introduce myself, my name is Jamie and I am 39 years old. I have been married for 2.5 years and have two bonus children. I lost about 100 pounds 4ish years ago and I don't want to go back to that, but I have gained a little of that back. I am hoping this will help me to get that off.

So my goal for the month of February is to lost 5 pounds. i plan to do this by really paying attention to what I eat daily, getting in my 10,000 steps and exercising on a regular basis.

Thanks!
Jamie

Welcome to the group Jamie, and well done for your loss and for being aware and taking corrective actions when needed!

When it comes to your food, do you track everything? Sometimes I do, other times sort of. When I sort off do, it sort of works and when I do it properly - it works properly. I am trying to get little more consistent. I track with MFP and Fitibit
Do you keep a journal or food diary?
Are you counting calories, points, or going by feeling satisfied?
Calories
If so, what do you use and why does it work for you? It absolutely does when I do it properly

If tracking food isn't part of your journey, is there anything else you track or journal (exercise, mindfulness, etc)?
[/QUOTE]

I had a pretty good weekend -- I REALLY let my desire to clean up my body manifest itself in my house. I completely overhauled my "junk" areas (aka my craft shelves, my junk drawer, my pantry, my old tupperwares, kitchen appliances I don't use, etc) and it was WONDERFUL! I feel like my kitchen is ready for meal prep and cooking healthy meals. Next weekend I plan on overhauling my bedroom, the closet, and my guest room. I've irrationally been hanging onto a lot of clothes and I need to pull an Elsa and Let. It. Go!

Happy Monday All!

Me too
Last week with the hospital stay/recovery I didn't really prepare properly during the weekend. I went to do the shopping without having plan and without checking what I have and more importantly what I don't!

This weekend I made list of meals I want to cook, I checked what products I need, I went to the shop and I made time for cooking ahead! I did the wardrobe clean up and some shopping for clothes that make me happy, with the body I have now last month.
i cooked baked oats with
honey bananas hazelnuts and blueberries.
crust less quiche with lean bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms for breakfast
Aubergine moussaka for lunch for me for big part of the week
Pasta bake made with left over chicken, brocolli, cauliflower, pasta, philadelphia, buffalo sauce and topped with cheese
Beef Masala for Wednesday - I will have to make rice and steam some veggies for it. It's in the freezser
I work form home Tuesday and Thursday and I had decission to make big batch of roasted veggies, bombay potatoes and chicken tikka skewers for dinner. I have the veggies and potatoes done.
Friday is pizza friday, Thursday is the only day I don't have firm decission but as I work from home it won't be big deal

Feels fantastic to have the products I need and not have to worry about food

I also felt I get really grumpy if I can't get my bodypump or bodybalance fix and my husband is often travelling or plays tennis and I decided to invest in Les Mills on Demand subscription. It's less than 10 euro a month, I have everything I need home - I am delighted with it! I don't know why I didn't do it earlier.

Feel happier, prepared, healthy and nourished from the tasty meals I am having. The week runs so much smoother when I spend time and effort to plan ahead.

Last night ended up being a little crazy. DD needed a new cast, we needed to get crickets for DS bearded dragon and needed to get a new microwave (ours died sunday). On top of this I made another major headache. So not much was accomplished towards my goal. I am really hoping the headache does not come back today.

I have chef Art Smith's booking for the summer, let me know if you rate it well please

Well... being that this will be my 3rd time there... yes, yes I do Haha! They really do have amazing fried chicken! And the deviled eggs are very good as well. They change seasonally I think (or maybe they were tweeking their menu between the fall and the winter or lunch time vs dinner time-- I don't know) but at any rate, both versions were great.

Me too
Last week with the hospital stay/recovery I didn't really prepare properly during the weekend. I went to do the shopping without having plan and without checking what I have and more importantly what I don't!

This weekend I made list of meals I want to cook, I checked what products I need, I went to the shop and I made time for cooking ahead! I did the wardrobe clean up and some shopping for clothes that make me happy, with the body I have now last month.
i cooked baked oats with
honey bananas hazelnuts and blueberries.
crust less quiche with lean bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms for breakfast
Aubergine moussaka for lunch for me for big part of the week
Pasta bake made with left over chicken, brocolli, cauliflower, pasta, philadelphia, buffalo sauce and topped with cheese
Beef Masala for Wednesday - I will have to make rice and steam some veggies for it. It's in the freezser
I work form home Tuesday and Thursday and I had decission to make big batch of roasted veggies, bombay potatoes and chicken tikka skewers for dinner. I have the veggies and potatoes done.
Friday is pizza friday, Thursday is the only day I don't have firm decission but as I work from home it won't be big deal

Feels fantastic to have the products I need and not have to worry about food

I also felt I get really grumpy if I can't get my bodypump or bodybalance fix and my husband is often travelling or plays tennis and I decided to invest in Les Mills on Demand subscription. It's less than 10 euro a month, I have everything I need home - I am delighted with it! I don't know why I didn't do it earlier.

Feel happier, prepared, healthy and nourished from the tasty meals I am having. The week runs so much smoother when I spend time and effort to plan ahead.

Wow! Amazing planning! And that's great about the subscription!

Last night ended up being a little crazy. DD needed a new cast, we needed to get crickets for DS bearded dragon and needed to get a new microwave (ours died sunday). On top of this I made another major headache. So not much was accomplished towards my goal. I am really hoping the headache does not come back today.

Sending pixie dust for a headache free day :-)

Tuesday, February 6

(Yes, it's another Mr. Potato Head gif--- he's just so funny!)

tumblr_oo0wz1FbIF1r5mbvpo1_500.gif

Let's talk about what gets you moving!

What types of physical activity do you currently do?
What have you done in the past that you might consider doing again?
Or, if you were going to do (more) exercise, what might that be?

QOTD:

What types of physical movement do I currently do: knitting ... well, at least the hands are busy. I did really enjoy Pilates when I was doing it, but I need to lose enough weight to get back down to where it is comfortable to do before starting up again. I enjoy walking and will get back at it as weather allows: on the way home last night it was still light and not raining, so I got off the bus early and walked the rest of the way home... that's a start. This month I will do some private lessons with the gal who does therapeutic yoga, as I think that's good thing for me, based on where I am right now.

So yesterday I tracked my food in my FitBit... I ate like I have been to get a baseline and no surprise, I was seriously over for the day and most of it was carbs. Today I'm making a couple changes, and then tomorrow a couple more until I'm where I need to be.

Last night I cleared out a small dresser and cabinet... another bag of trash and another bag for GW. One of the drawers was full of single socks? I probably tossed the mates a long time ago because I forgot I had this collection going. I also managed to turn the TV off for about an hour and finally listened to the first PODcast for the class instead - and this morning I left the TV off while getting ready for work: tonight's goal is to not turn it on as soon as I get home, and to wait until later in the evening.

I've been struggling with how to identify what self respect feels like, but something in the PODcast helped and I was able to realize that the simple things, like taking my supplements regularly and washing my face with my cleanser every night (and not just water) is treating myself with self respect... and even putting lotion on every day isn't self indulgent, it's self care/self respect... and I'm worth the extra effort. Now that I'm starting to tune in, I feel like I'll be able to apply the respect question to the food I'm eating, and catch myself before I put dis-respectful food in to my mouth.

We're forecast to have super fabulous weather this coming Saturday, so I'm thinking of how I want to take advantage of it... possibly a nice drive out to the country to my fav yarn store, and a good long walk in the nearby park. Sunday I have a tattoo appointment - not really thinking of anything major, just filling in between the things I've already got.

have a totally fab Tuesday everyone!

Oh I like this question

Currently I am doing either 2/3 strength sessions a week or bodypump plus bodybalance (yoga like workout).

I have done Zumba, TRX, Pilates, various lifting programs, aqua aerobics.
I wouldn't go back to running or Shbam, step, trampoline jumping, not fan of spin or anything high impact.

I am doing enough exercise. For me the key is constantly do things, but it doesn't have to be the same thing.

My son asked strange question. Would I chose to be very fat and very smart, or very silly and normal size. I said smart, of course smart. Weight comes and goes - it isn't a person. It's something that can be temporary. I am glad I didn't think much, I wouldn't want to be person who puts weight ahead of personality. Strange post perhaps in weight loss support group.

Oh I like this question

Currently I am doing either 2/3 strength sessions a week or bodypump plus bodybalance (yoga like workout).

I have done Zumba, TRX, Pilates, various lifting programs, aqua aerobics.
I wouldn't go back to running or Shbam, step, trampoline jumping, not fan of spin or anything high impact.

I am doing enough exercise. For me the key is constantly do things, but it doesn't have to be the same thing.

My son asked strange question. Would I chose to be very fat and very smart, or very silly and normal size. I said smart, of course smart. Weight comes and goes - it isn't a person. It's something that can be temporary. I am glad I didn't think much, I wouldn't want to be person who puts weight ahead of personality. Strange post perhaps in weight loss support group.
Love the sentiment that your weight isn't who you are... and that it comes and goes.

I walk on the treadmill. I need to do more exercises for my butt and thighs. That is were the biggest issue for me is. DS destroyed my thin thighs. By the time I was 8-9 months pregnant with him I almost couldn't fit in my pants anymore because my thighs were too big. They have never been the same since. It is also the only place I have stretch marks.

Good afternoon! A majority of my physical activity is walking. I walk to/from the train station and work (1.3 miles each way) every day. I also use the treadmill at the fitness center in my building before work, usually between 1.5 and 2 miles. But I've also started incorporating strength training and the rowing machine as well.

At some point, I'll overcome my fear of the elliptical, but I haven't made it yet.

On Saturday and Sunday, I walk at the rec center, usually an hour (3 - 3.25 miles). This past Saturday, I walked 4 miles, and incorporated jogging a small, very small, bit (from pole to pole). I have a goal of doing my first 5K (EVER) on Memorial Day.

No, not strange to bring up-- I think it brings up a great point and puts it all in perspective. I agree 100%

QOTD: My main activity has been going to Orangetheory. I don't know how far and wide they have spread across the states (they are a big thing here in FL because they started here). All it is it cardio interval training and strength training in a group setting, but small enough for some one and one if needed. You also wear a heart rate monitor to make sure you are pushing enough but not too hard to see results. But it's great for me because I don't know what to do at a gym. Here I don't have to know or plan anything, I just show up and get told what to do. The only thing is that it's not like my ideal. In my fantasy world, I could eat til satisfied, and do yoga, and stay thin.... But that's probably my fantasy world. For now, I need the more intense stuff-- at least to get to goal.

This year, I want to incorporate more yoga though. It's so good for my mind (there is an amazing studio/teacher near by that just puts my head in the right place when I do manage to go). And I really have no excuse as she does free classes every Saturday at a park near by.

As for the cleanse--- day 2 is going ok. I didn't go to bed hungry or wake up starving like I thought I would be. I've had a few stomach growls that go away after a juice and a water. I am kinda surprised. I haven't had anything solid yet. It's not off the table, I just haven't felt like I actually NEED it yet. If I feel like that, I'll have the broccoli that I have on stand by. But I am super tuned in to what makes me want to eat though-- another cue I realized today in addition to schedules and boredom, is "DH is eating so I should eat something too." No, Patricia.... not if you're not actually hungry! Tonight will be an interesting exercise. It's family dinner night-- and not just with my cousin and her two kids. No, her whole side of the family. Wine, vodka, delicious Hungarian food..... *sigh* But I am committed to this cleanse. I am taking my juices and may just pour the darn things in a wine glass so I feel fancy :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!