To Hoop Dee Do or not. That is the question

We have reservation for the 6:15 at HDDR do you think we could make a 7:20 - 8:20 FP at splash mountain?
You may make it... it'll be close...it's about an hour to hour and a half long show, and you have to factor in travel back to MK.

Edit: Apparently it goes quicker when you are enjoying the show, but it's about 2 hours, so you probably won't make it.

Last edited:
If we would go to the 4 show, what time could we expect to be back to MK?

Any does anyone know if they have another dessert by chance? I know it gets rave reviews, but I don't like strawberries.

I'd say around 6 or 6:30. And ask your server about the strawberries. They may have something different.

Edit: It's actually about 2 hours, so you'd hit the park about 7 ish

Last edited:
They are very accommodating if they see someone not eating. Ours brought a kid something different, offered a couple of things. (Sorry don't remember exactly what they got, mustve been the unlimited sangria!)
I vote Yes!!!!!

I vote yes!! It was one of my favorite experiences as a teenager, haven't been back since then!

We're staying at FW next year and have already decided to book a meal at HDDR. Expensive for 6 people, but I think it'll be worth it.

If we would go to the 4 show, what time could we expect to be back to MK?

Any does anyone know if they have another dessert by chance? I know it gets rave reviews, but I don't like strawberries.

This I have done many times. Depending on how you time the boat, I would peg it at anywhere from 6:20 to 6:45.

Don't know the answer to the substitute for the shortcake. If it was me, I would call them directly and ask them ahead of time would it be possible to get some vanilla ice cream on the shortcake sans the strawberries. They just may be able to do that for you.

In all of our trips to the world, we have never done the Hoop Dee Do. Have 2 trips planned next year and I am wondering if we should do it? Love to hear some opinions. Thanx.

100% YES YES YES! We have done HDDR at least 5 times and we always have a great time. Food is great and entertainment is superb. I think every Disney visitor should do it at least once.

I will be the odd one and say that in our party of 4 adults none of us liked HDDR. I didn't find the show entertaining at all, and as an introvert was pretty terrified of being asked to participate. The food was OK, some items better than others and we all left satisfied. I am glad that we finally tried it but it just wasn't for us.

In all of our trips to the world, we have never done the Hoop Dee Do. Have 2 trips planned next year and I am wondering if we should do it? Love to hear some opinions. Thanx.

The answer when the question is Hoop is always an emphatic YES

I will be the odd one and say that in our party of 4 adults none of us liked HDDR. I didn't find the show entertaining at all, and as an introvert was pretty terrified of being asked to participate. The food was OK, some items better than others and we all left satisfied. I am glad that we finally tried it but it just wasn't for us.

And I think that's fair. It may not be for everyone. If we all liked the exact same things, the world would kind of be a boring place.

I understand that the show isn't for everyone, but I never understand when people say they are afraid they will be chosen to participate. Do you mean the 4 people they choose to be in the show at the end? All the other aspects of the show (asking people what state or country they are from, asking who is celebrating a birthday or anniversary), you have to raise your hand. If you don't raise your hand, you don't have a chance of participating. Also, if you don't want to be one of the 4 in the show, you can decline. I'm wondering what I'm missing?

I understand that the show isn't for everyone, but I never understand when people say they are afraid they will be chosen to participate. Do you mean the 4 people they choose to be in the show at the end? All the other aspects of the show (asking people what state or country they are from, asking who is celebrating a birthday or anniversary), you have to raise your hand. If you don't raise your hand, you don't have a chance of participating. Also, if you don't want to be one of the 4 in the show, you can decline. I'm wondering what I'm missing?

Well, one of the performers chose my dad to flirt with, brought him up later in the show, and later came back to him. The spotlight was on him a lot and there was no real opportunity for him to decline that sort of attention. Luckily, he was a good sport!

Well, one of the performers chose my dad to flirt with, brought him up later in the show, and later came back to him. The spotlight was on him a lot and there was no real opportunity for him to decline that sort of attention. Luckily, he was a good sport!

OMG you're right- I forgot about that part! My bad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter