To buy Riviera or not?!

To buy riviera or not

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely less points will get you less. But, once a home resort is chosen, you live with that decision for a long time. If, one is debating what to buy and the yearly cost of MFs if of concern, then I was just suggesting a way to compensate.

The cost to buy In is just too expensive to choose a resort that is not your first choice because of the MFs difference. Getting into RIV will be harder than AKV so while owning 15 points might mean you loose a night every other year, owning at the resort you love, to me, is worth the reduction.

Except at RIV even the same amount of points get you less.

Which is why I simply said all the pros and cons need to go in to your own decision. I don't think anyone can say for certain they "love" RIV yet as no one has even stayed there yet. Which is why I was suggesting to wait.

I just want to add the OP also gave 1/3rd of their reason as the resort being new. That will only last roughly 5-10% of the contract length. At which point it will have to rest on its merits of quality, location, park access, and extras to whether the 11 month booking window for rentals matters (which was another 1/3rd of the reason).

I have the Riviera Bug again!
We just took a trip last week- stayed at Pop Century (don’t freak out- I know it’s value but we are staying at AKL in Feb).... anyway, we had access to skyline and OMG it’s amazing. We got from Tower of Terror to our resort (Pop) in 19 mins via Skyliner.

Now I want Riviera purely for Skyliner access.

We are between AKL and RIV direct... what to do? :(

So what eventually happened? Did you get the Riviera points, Animal Kingdom Lodge, or still shopping?

Except at RIV even the same amount of points get you less.

Which is why I simply said all the pros and cons need to go in to your own decision. I don't think anyone can say for certain they "love" RIV yet as no one has even stayed there yet. Which is why I was suggesting to wait.

I just want to add the OP also gave 1/3rd of their reason as the resort being new. That will only last roughly 5-10% of the contract length. At which point it will have to rest on its merits of quality, location, park access, and extras to whether the 11 month booking window for rentals matters (which was another 1/3rd of the reason).

you are right- excitement does affect decisions so we are trying to stay rational... I’m sure buyers remorse happens a lot with DVC - maybe not enough to cancel contract, but I know the excitement wears off soon after and reality sets in so buying riviera is both exciting and risky. Hard to weigh each out though

we have a feb trip planned at AKL.

100% the smart thing to do. We were looking at AKV personally and crossed it off the list because of the busses to the parks (although we like the resort and rooms). I would have zero issues buying at RIV though with just touring it because I know the Skyliner is very predictable (okay it could break down but I can't see Disney not throwing money at it to fix it).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!