tmp does DLP Day One

tmp

Mouseketeer
As promised here is my attempt at a trip report.Please bear with me as I have never done one before and my memory is already hazy even though I've only be back 5 days.:rolleyes:
The Crew-
me(Tina)age 32 loves all things Disney,rollercoasters and shopping.
DM age 50something loves parades and spoiling her grandchildren rotten,oh and shopping.
DS (Alex) age 9 loves Star Wars,dislikes anything that goes upside down and very fast or high.
DS (James)age 7 loves anything that goes upside down/very fast or high,dislikes walking!

Day One-Monday 30th May
Weather- in London it was raining as we took off from Heathrow.Arrived in Paris to a few clouds but it got hotter as the day progressed.Must have been mid 70s.
Crowds-not too bad.A few of the rides had 30 minutes+ wait but most of them were either walk-on or max 10 minutes queues.
I had booked DH,the boys and myself into the London Heathrow Marriott on Sunday night as we had to check-in at 8 am on Monday morning and the idea of dragging the kids out of bed at 5 am to drive down to London didn't appeal to much.The hotel was lovely and it was a shame we had to leave so early.We booked room service and at 7am a mountain of food arrived.We were all slightly overwhelmed by the sight of all this food appearing 10 minutes after waking up and struggled to eat the cooked breakfast.The rest of it(fresh fruit/croissants/rolls/cereals)went in a bag for DH to take home with him.
My DM rang at 7.15 to say she had already arrived at the terminal-she had got the tube ridiculously early as she hates being late for anything.As we were in mid-flow with breakfast I told her to find our check-in desk then have a wander round the shops until we got there.
Anyway we checked out of the Marriott and headed for terminal 2.Very straight forward and we were parked in the short stay within 5 minutes.
Found my mum at the check-in desk-she hadn't moved from there as she didn't realise that the shops were on the next floor up!Bless!!
We checked in at 8am and the lady on the desk informed us that everyone she had spoken to was going to Disneyland Paris and the temperature was into the 80s.Great I thought-huge crowds and sweltering heat.
Said our goodbyes to DH who I think was actually a bit jealous that he wasn't coming now and headed to our gate.
The flight was pretty uneventful.A bit bumpy which prompted James to declare VERY loudly "we're going to die,we're going to die",and Alex to keep saying "its flying too high I want to get off".Not that I could hear them as I had my Earplane earplugs in as I suffer really badly with the altitude.
We landed at CDG at 12.15 local time and found our way to luggage reclaim where within 10 minutes of leaving the plane we collect our cases.Found our way to the VEA pickup point more by luck than anything else.I had expected the signs to be very clear but I only spotted a little bus sign with VEA on it so we headed that way.Straight out through the doors and there was a bus just coming in and about 20 other families waiting.
Lots of them seemed to be paying as they boarded so it took a long time to get on the bus.About 20 minutes all in all,and we finally left the airport at 1.15.
The audio tape on board declared that we were stopping at Newport Bay,Santa Fe,Explorer and another that I forget.Start to panic a bit as Cheyenne isn't mentioned even though I told the driver thats where we were staying.Anyway the tape is completely wrong and we stop at NPB,SL,Santa Fe then Cheyenne at 2.15 pm.
We entered the lobby and I got a huge wave of excitement.My DM points out that I am grinning like a cheshire cat and I look like a child again.Am greated with a 'Howdy' by the CM who is booking us in and am told that we have our requested block 'Sitting Bull' and the room is ready so we can go straight there.
The boys love the bunk beds and I take lots of photos while the room still looks tidy.My DM ohhs and ahhs at everything then we unpack.We are all absolutely starving by now so decide to head to the park for a bite to eat and to catch the parade at 4pm.
As we came out of our block I noticed the Fort Apache playground which we never found the last time we stayed at Cheyenne so the boys had a run around and would have happily stayed there all day as they had it to themselves.I saw a sign for the path to the park so we(or rather I!) decided to walk instead of getting the bus.First major strop from James but I wasn't giving in and eventually found our way along the path past SL and spot the big balloon on Lake Disney.We wandered through Disney Village and got to the park at 3.40.
It was my DM's turn to grin like a cheshire cat when she walked down Main Street and I felt really glad that I had asked her to come on this trip.
The boys were in serious moan mode now so we stopped at Caseys Corner for giant hotdogs and fries as there was no queue and found a table to stand at on Main Street.The tannoy announced that the parade would begin in 10 minutes so we stayed and watched it from our table.The boys weren't overly impressed but DM and I were ohhing and ahhing like little girls.
We then headed into Fantasyland where we noticed that Pinocchio was a walk-on so we did that first.Peter Pan was a 45 minute wait and there were no fastpasses so we thought we'd leave that until the next day when we had Fantasyland Breakfast.Next we went through Alice's Curious Labyrinth which is one of the boys favourites.The Cheshire Cats' eyes weren't rolling and a few other characters that normally pop up didn't but I was the only one who noticed.Climbed to the top of the Queens castle and got some lovely sunny views of Fantasyland below.We then walked over to Le Pays des Contes de Fees which was a 5 minute wait and then onto Casey Jr both of which we had never done before as they have always been closed.Glad we went on them but not too bothered if they are closed if we go again(or rather WHEN we go again!!)The boys wanted to sit together on Casey Jr so DM and I sat behind just as we were pulling away they both turned round and said 'the bar hasn't locked'.Well I nearly died,my DM went into a right state and the boys just carried on enjoying the ride!!I grabbed the shoulders of Alex and mum got James's and we hung on for dear life.I just kept shouting at them to pull down on the bar.Anyway the train wasn't exactly on the same scale as Big Thunder Mountain and just sort of chugged along.As the ride came to an end the boys looked back at a very scared mother and grandmother and said that it had locked after all so we needn't of worried!!!What the people watching the ride must of thought I dread to think.
The boys have a huge adrenalin rush after all that excitement and begged to go on BTM so we headed to Frontierland,passing through Adventureland.We didn't really stop at this land at all during our visit for a few reasons.James would have loved to go on Indiana Jones but was far too short,we were too tired to climb up the Swisss Family Robinson Treehouse,Pirates of the Caribbean was closed which was a shame,and the boys weren't bothered about going to Adventure Isle.So we just passed through the land having a quick look at Skull Rock and Captain Hooks Pirate Ship as we went.
We arrived in Frontierland and found that BTM had a wait of 45 minutes and no fastpasses so I promised that we would do it the next day unless we happened to pass it later and the queue was shorter.Both boys suddenly piped up that they wanted to go on Phantom Manor which took me by surprise as they both hated it on our last visit.Alex has a bit of a phobia about the dark so I had sure he knew what the ride would do.He seemed quite happy so we risked it.A 2 minute wait and we're in.We walk through into the room where we are told to move to the centre and it begins.All ok so far-no crying or screaming.That was until the CM came up behind and whispered boo! right in my ear.I nearly wet myself with fright and the boys and DM nearly wet themselves with laughter.After that it was onto the doom buggies and we all really enjoyed this ride.we would have liked to have gone on the Molly Brown but it was still not operating so we headed over to Discoveryland as the boys wanted to try Autopia.
When we got there the wait said 30 minutes but then I saw a boy of about 13 or 14 change the time on the board to 45 minutes then run off!Anyway the boys couldn't be bothered to wait so we went to get James measured for Space Mountain.Unfortunately he was an inch too short so we had to pass on that ride.Star Tours showed a 10 minute wait so we all agreed to do this. The boys really like this ride and having just seen the new film were delighted to see C3PO and R2-D2 as we queued.They loved the ride but it left me and DM feeling slightly queasy.As we left the ride you have to exit through what has been turned into an arcade.The boys started to eye up some arcade games but I thought it was a bit of a rip-off,insisted that I didn't have any 2 euro coins and ushered them out quick-time.
We were starting to feel a bit hungry and suddenly realised it was almost 6.45pm.I suggested that we tried the Plaza Gardens so we headed there only to find that it was full so I made a lunch reservation for the next day as they had a private booking at 5pm so weren't able to take evening requests.
We were starting to flag by now so decided to wander back up Main Street and have a look in the shops but we were so exhausted that we just wanted to get back to the hotel and have something to eat.The yellow bus for Cheyenne was just pulling into the station as we arrived so we hopped straight on.
The Chuck Wagon wasn't too busy so we ate here.Chicken in bbq sauce,corn on the cob and chips for me and DM,and small chicken and chips for the boys-how adventurous!With two soft drinks it came to 50 euros.Then the boys decided that they wanted a lolly each so that was another 6 euros.After our dinner we had a quick look in the General Store but didn't feel in the mood for buying(very unlike me-god I must have been tired)then went back to our room and as none of us could keep our eyes open we all went to bed-it was only 9.30!!

Is anyone still with me?God I didn't mean to waffle so much-sorry.
Will continue with Day Two when I've done the ironing I should have been doing while I was writing Day One!!

that wa squick Tina. Very good, we had a surprise in PM too from the black CM in the black suit :scared1: :rotfl:
Ikeep meaning to start but i keep sticking my nose in here and answering questions,in between walking dog, supermarket and cooking tea

Berwyn

Hi Tina

Your Day 1 at DLP sounds just like mine when it comes to the boys ( I wonder if girls are the same? )
icon10.gif
You sound just like a version of me ("No you can't play on the arcade games they're a rip off !"):rolleyes:
The Chuck Wagon have the nicest gravy I have tasted in years ( just like my grandmother used to make ) Its worth having a dinner just to get the gravy:sunny:

Tina,
Loved your report it sounds like you all had lots of fun! :)
I hope noone tries to make me jump as I nearly had a heart failure when a CM at he Tower of Terror ride jumped out from behind a corner!
why does everyone else always find it so funny?lol

Great trip report, Tina! And it wasn't too long at all; I read every word! And I bet mine will be longer as I never know when to stop writing, hehe!

Hi Tina

lovely start to the trip.
I guess that most kids are probably "grumpy" after the early start and travelling. At least my 2 DD's and DS are the same.
We will not be going into the park on our first day, so we'll see how that fares ;)

Reid

Looking forward to part 2 Tina (and part 1 Berwyn!)

Rhiannon :wizard:

Great report Tina - really enjoyed it and certainly not too long!! :flower:

Lovely report Tina! I could feel your excitement!

Never apologise for waffling - you can never have too much detail in a Trip report you know ;)

Looking forward to the next day!

Brilliant report Tina. I love the bit where the CM made you jump at Phantom Manor!!!
Looking forward to reading part 2!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter