Titling question

misskari

Mouseketeer
We bought a resale contract in 2013, and in 2018, we changed all our assets (except for DVC into a trust - it just seemed too much work for something that would expire). We're now buying another resale contract, but if we put this one in the trust, it will have a different contract number. These points are resale restricted, so we wouldn't ever combine them anyway with our original resale points. So it seems like having them legally separate isn't a big deal anyways.

My heart is leaning to go with the new contract being in the trust (my daughter is special needs, and we hope to pass it to her). But my head wonders if there's something I'm missing about them being separated. What am I not considering?

Last edited:
I agree with @Sandisw - keep them consistent. My mother just passed and didn't consistently put things in her trust and it's been a mess. So I'd say put them all in the Trust or leave them all out. Of course your lawyer knows best:)

Hello All,

If I move my original 2013 VGF contract into a family trust does the family trust retain the blue card status or does it lose the Membership Extras?

Thanks!

FWIW, I was at the family law office last week and discussing trusts. When assets are purchased outside the trust, that messes up the intention of the trust. I would do the paperwork now to put the 2 contracts in the trust’s name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter