Title Transfer

jerseyduke

Home is just where you stay when not at WDW
Anyone have any recent experience with a title company?

I need a recommendation to remove a (living) person off of a title, and would appreciate the suggestions.

TIA

Sorry, can't help. But, if you would please post the steps it takes. I plan on adding my son when he turns 18.

Thanks

have done several - moved some to my nephew and some to my brother - was not paying a title company to do this - when it was a gift.

for jbh275 - first you must email Disney saying you wish to transfer part of your membership - must have separate contracts to do this. they will send you forms that must be completed and send back to Disney - then you prepare the contract get it signed and witness - must also have notary public witness - they are generally available for free at libraries, banks or credit unions.

then send everything to the Orange county appraisal (I think - will have to look at my papers - I am at the library no internet at home) -

once you get it back - then send it to DVC administration. It is fairy easy although it does take time.

just make sure you get units and other numbers correct.

jerseyduke - don't know how you can take someone name off - would call member administration and ask - since the only way I know to change it would get everyone permission - think all members have to sign it for any change to be make.

have done several - moved some to my nephew and some to my brother - was not paying a title company to do this - when it was a gift.

for jbh275 - first you must email Disney saying you wish to transfer part of your membership - must have separate contracts to do this. they will send you forms that must be completed and send back to Disney - then you prepare the contract get it signed and witness - must also have notary public witness - they are generally available for free at libraries, banks or credit unions.

then send everything to the Orange county appraisal (I think - will have to look at my papers - I am at the library no internet at home) -

once you get it back - then send it to DVC administration. It is fairy easy although it does take time.

just make sure you get units and other numbers correct.

jerseyduke - don't know how you can take someone name off - would call member administration and ask - since the only way I know to change it would get everyone permission - think all members have to sign it for any change to be make.
Oh, I am sure who ever is coming off of it has to sign it!

I did get the ROFR waiver from DIS

Oh, I am sure who ever is coming off of it has to sign it!

I did get the ROFR waiver from DIS

then don't see if you have any problems - just get out your old contract - copy it - mostly - you have to change some dates and make sure it makes sense. Some of DVC contracts were not proof read and I did not do it until I was copying them - they do have tiny errors (in some)

make sure to take the person name off - then you probably need another page for him (person you are taking off) to sign - not a lawyer - so would check with member administration.

then send everything to the Orange county appraisal (I think - will have to look at my papers - I am at the library no internet at home)
The Orange County Comptroller's Office is only if the DVC Resort is located at WDW.

Anyone have any recent experience with a title company?

I need a recommendation to remove a (living) person off of a title, and would appreciate the suggestions.

TIA
As noted, easy to do it yourself for WDW, not so much for some of the other locations. Cost about $40 it it's a single contract and you do it yourself. Around $175 total with LT transfers and they can do other locations fairly easily with a few exceptions that I don't believe are applicable IIRC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts