Tiramsu @ Epcot

abbyndrewmom

Mouseketeer
I got the best Tiramsu for a vendor outside the Italy Pavillion, it was so much better then what some of our local restaurants try to pass off as Tiramsu. Tiramsu is my favorite dessert yet I have never tried to make it at home. Does anyone have this recipe or could you give me some places to look.

Thanks

Tiramisu
Italy

Espresso Syrup:
10 oz. Espresso coffee
1 T. brandy
2 T. sugar

Mascarpone Cream:
1 C. Mascarpone cheese
4 eggs, separated
4 T. sugar
1/2 C. heavy cream
vanilla to taste

Lady Fingers:
6 T. sugar
3/4 C. all-purpose flour
3 eggs, separated
1 T. powdered sugar

For ladyfingers: Whip egg yolk and 1/2 of the sugar until pale in color. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites until doubled in size, then add rest of sugar. Fold flour into egg yolk mixture until completely incorporated. Fold egg whites into yolk/flour mixture until completely incorporated. With a pastry bag filled and fitted with a round tip, pipe ladyfingers approximately 3" long and 1" wide onto baking sheet. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and bake in a 350 degree F oven until golden brown, approximately 10 minutes.

For Cream: Whip heavy cream until soft peaks form, set aside in refrigerator. Whip egg yolks and 1/2 of sugar until pale in color. Add mascarpone cheese to yolks and mix until smooth. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites until doubled in size, then add rest of sugar until dissolved. Add vanilla to taste. Fold in egg whites until completely smooth.

For Syrup: Combine espresso, brandy and sugar until sugar is dissolved.

Assembly: Soak ladyfingers in the espresso syrup briefly. In an 8X8" square or round dish, place 1 layer of the ladyfingers. Spread 1/2 of the mascarpone cream on the lady fingers. Repeat both steps once more.
Note: Sprinkle top layer with cocoa powder.

CAUTION - Raw eggs are used in this recipe. Raw eggs can carry the risk of Salmonella food poisoning.

TIRAMISU

1 CUP WARM WATER

4 TEASPOONS INSTANT COFFEE GRANULES

1/4 CUP COFFEE-FLAVORED LIQUEUR (OPTIONAL)
IF YOU DONT USE MAKE COFFEE ABOVE STRONGER

1 CONTAINER (8 OUNCES) MASCARPONE CHEESE

1/2 CUP SUGAR

1 CUP (1/2 PINT) HEAVY CREAM

2 PACKAGES LADYFINGERS

1/2 TEASPOON UNSWEETENED COCOA

IN A SMALL BOWL, COMBINE WATER, COFFEE GRANULES AND COFFEE LIQUEUR; STIR TO DISOLVE THE COFFEE, THEN SET ASIDE. IN A LARGE BOWL, BEAT ON MEDIUM SPEED THE CHEESE AND SUGAR UNTIL SMOOTH; SET ASIDE. IN A MEDIUM BOWL, BEAT ON MEDIUM SPEED THE HEAVY CREAM UNTIL STIFF PEAKS FORM. FOLD HALF OF THE WHIPPED CREAM INTO THE CHEESE MIXTURE UNTIL THOROUGHLY MIXED. USING THE LADYFINGERS, QUICKLY (I MEAN QUICKLY) DIP THE LADYFINGERS INTO THE COFFEE MIXTURE ONE AT A TIME AND LINE THE BOTTOM OF AN 8-INCH SQUARE BAKING DISH. SPOON SOME OF THE CHEESE MIXTURE
EVENLY OVER THE LADYFINGERS. REPEAT LAYERS UNTIL CHEESE MIXTURE IS ALL USED AND ENDING YOUR LAYER WITH THE CHEESE. SPOON THE REMAING WHIPPED CREAM OVER THE TOP ADN SPRINKLE WITH THE COCOA. COVER AND CHILL AT LEAST 3 HOURS BEFORE SERVING.

MAKES 6-8 SERVINGS. I LOVE THIS RECIPE BECAUSE YOU DO NOT USE RAW EGGS IN THE CHEESE MIXTURE. BUON APPETITO!!!!!!

Yes Thank you so much.

I will probably try the 2nd recipe first as I do want to try and avoid the raw egg if possible. Hopefully it will come out close to the one I had at Italy, it was so good. It will be my first stop on the next trip. Mmmm Tiramsu for Breakfast, lunch and dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter