Tipsy is as Tipsy Does - A February '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 8/15

Clearly some of us were more concerned about it than others. Speaking of concern, this was the bathroom.
Not concerning at all haha

2d3703fb-b816-4754-b254-a9e507f265d0.jpg
I was very confused by the arm sprouting from your brothers head at first

Jason ordered his perennial favorite the Broccolini.

This is fresh diced tomatoes, broccoli rabe, fontina, mozzarella, and Jason added the ham Matthew removed from his pizza. I didn't try this one either, but since he keeps ordering it I'm gonna go with it was good.
I'm with Jason that looks delicious!

That girl in the back is probably thinking "how did I get stuck with these people"

To help soak up all the beverages, we started with the Fritto di Verdura aka Fried Veggies.
Those look amazing!! Now I think I should try to add a Via Napoli lunch to my August trip!
For pizza (cause what else do you order at Via Napoli) Casey and I of course shared our beloved Carciofi.
This. Is. Perfection!
Clearly the day had caught up with me as I was not only looking much worse for the wear, but I also didn't think the Aquavit tasted like rubbing alcohol. So all in all a good stop.
I applaud your stamina! By that point in the day, I would be curled up in a corner somewhere...... lol!

I think it should be a mandatory drink activity regardless of the alcohol of choice. I can just see us now trying to act out a pinot noir or a Shofferhoffer or a dole whip with rum :squirrel:
Yes, I agree! :thumbsup2

Before I get to the food and our further tipsy adventures, this post officially marks the occasion of my 5,000th post on the DIS.
Woohoo!!!!!!!!! And it probably took about 4,975 for me to find your reports! :sad2: :laughing: Better late than never ;)

Had we been slightly less tipsy we may not have gotten on, but with this gang we were willing to take a chance.
:rotfl:

Casey is somewhere under all those hands. :-)
:rotfl:

We eventually made it back to AKL (thankfully this time on a regular bus) and said our sad goodbyes to Matthew who was waking up at o dark thirty to head back to Texas.
Awww, too bad Matthew had to leave, but it sure sounds like you all made the very best of his time with you! And at least you still had more Disney days left!

Before I get to the food and our further tipsy adventures, this post officially marks the occasion of my 5,000th post on the DIS.

:cheer2:

Now I have no idea why they needed to pad lock the door and I can only fathom what they had inside the bathroom that they needed to keep us away from, but this of course did nothing to dissuade my concern.

Or what they needed to keep in? :laughing: Maybe the family that was on the bus before you?

I love that sauce!!! Sooo good. I am with Casey!
It is pretty darn good, but like any good Italian I of course think mine is better :-)

They do seem to take forever!!!
And ever, and ever and ever, and ever.......

Well I guess that's proof that you can indeed deep fry anything and it will taste pretty good lol
Except for mushrooms I'm a total veggie-fiend so fried our not I would have been all over it, but of course the fried goodness makes it all the better :P

This is too bad, because the food looks amazing. I really want to try this place but I ended up cancelling our ADR there because I just had too many.
The food really is amazing, you just have to prepare yourself for inattentive service and a loud environment but the pizza more than makes up for it.

I understand that Future World and World Showcase fight bitterly every night about which is the better part of the park, so the lack of Norwegian accommodation does not surprise me.
I had no idea there was such an epic battle going on behind the scenes. Maybe if I'd told them I was #TeamWorldShowcase it would have made a difference

Soarin' was down when we tried to use our fp in May and we were able to use the fp for Test Track. It is ridiculous that they wouldn't let you ride Frozen. It isn't even a good ride.
I agree it isn't a good ride at all, but my brother hadn't ridden it yet and wanted to. I've never had a problem with interchanging fast passes before, but my guess is they are probably doing the same thing in Pandora now if say EE goes down

This almost made me snarf the adult beverage I happened to be drinking as I was reading this. Awesome update, as always. So glad you made it to Ep-a-Cot with all your organs intact since we know you'll be needing your livers for the rest of this trip, LOL!
I'm not sure which part I like more, the snarfing or the adult beverage :P And yes thankfully us and our livers made it. Perhaps the driver sensed our tipsiness and didn't want to take a chance on our livers in the black market :-)

And congrats on your 5,000th post. That is seriously impressive! Keep 'em coming :-)
Thanks. As long as I can keep getting myself to disney they will keep coming.

party: That calls for a :drinking1 Congratulations!!!!! :hug:
:drinking1 Indeed!

That's what good friends do, they make sure you keep your organs! LOL you sent me a picture of the padlocked bathroom; I was at my Universal TA training and I was showing my co-workers going, "I don't know what the *%#* is happening to my friend but I sure as hell hope she gets to Epcot!"
Me and my liver thank you for looking out for us :-) I can only fathom what your coworkers must have thought

Have you ever seen the epsiode of "The Middle", where Frankie has a few beers and sends an email to Brick's principal about his teacher? Then the next morning she reads it back and is a tad mortified? I could see that happening in this case :laughing:
No, I've never watched that show but this is totally something I would do. I've been known to send many a tipsy email to our local transportation department who put a stop sign right by our neighborhood that backs up rush our traffic at least a half a mine every day :-) You'll be shocked to know it is still there. I also did send disney a rather indignant email one night complaining about the wine selection at Narcoosee's. Apparently my 4th glass of wine that night inspired me.

At least he made sure his daughter was looking the other way...............although I can only imagine what she sees at home!
Take that imagination and increase it ten fold. I live with 2 children and Casey is the more mature of the two. Just today he was walking around the house in the jacket to Casey's dance recital outfit.

Lucky for them their food makes up for it! We had crappy service the last time we ate there too; must be those darn Italians ;)
Yes if the food wasn't good there would not be a sole in there. What are we going to do with those Italians :P

The Future World/World Showcase rivalry is legendary, but very secret. If you had explained that you were aligned closely with WSC, I'm sure Norway would have happily accommodated you. Especially if you provided proof that you always eat at the World Showcase restaurants and hate the Electric Umbrella.

our food pics are making me really want to try Yak & Yeti although I may choose to stick with an app & dessert when I do. I can never eat a 3 course meal at Disney without regretting it because 1. it does not feel good afterward walking around in the heat for the rest of the day & 2. that makes less room for adult beverages & that is just no good! Yep, I've got my priorities straight! :drinking1
Yeah, I'm totally with you on skipping the 3 course meal which is why we just shared a bunch of apps and why I almost always share a meal with Casey. And you totally got it right, less food means more https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...6-14-via-napoli.3587939/page-17#post-57743757

I also will be trying that pizza you get at Via Napoli. Do you find the pizza there to be burnt tasting at all on the bottom? I wasn't sure if it was just me or what because both times I've been there, it tasted burnt. I do order my pizzas well done usually but to me, that means the slices don't flop when you hold them which is how I like it, it's never burnt. Maybe I should nicely ask them when I go so it doesn't have that taste?
I wouldn't ask them to do it well done. Their pizzas always have a bit of a char on them already and when just baked regularly the char doesn't taste burnt at all. Of course this means the pizza does flop a bit, but just eat it with a fork and knife like the italians do :-)

I've never seen any buses besides Disney's at their bus stops so that is pretty weird.. When I was standing at the bus stop at HS a few weeks ago waiting for the Epcot bus, a Mears van driver pulled up & parked in the spot. When I asked him if he was going to Epcot, he said no & then I explained he was in the wrong area. He insisted he was not & I asked what happens when the right bus does show up. He motioned with his hand as if to say the bus will have to drive around in circles until he leaves. I was getting pretty frustrated seeing as it was 100+ degrees & I had already been standing there in the sun waiting for 20 minutes. He decided to pull away just as I was about to go get security when another guest who was waiting asked him if he was going to Epcot. I decided I'd waited long enough & took the pathway that was right next to that stop & walked to Epcot instead.
This was the only time I'd seen a non-disney bus and it was obviously beyond weird. Unfortunately unlike you we couldn't walk to Epcot so we had to take our lives into our own hands :-)

:snail::snail::snail::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

OK this totally makes me feel more "sane". Last time DH and I were at the World, we stayed at BC and were taking a Hotel/Chill day, when I decided I HAD to have a Dole Whip (obviously). So, left DH in bed and hopped a bus to MK, arrived right a park opening, got my dole whip (eventually) and was headed out to hop a bus back. Only they aren't going back that early in the day-so as I'm waiting at the stop a VAN pulls up, with a dude driving with a "uniformesque" golf shirt on and disney name tag. He says he can take me to BC. So, partially terrified I hop in, and start texting DH and my sister (back home) that license plate #, and the route he's taking. I was so nervous! LOL! Long story-short, obviously I made it back in one piece as well ;)
Yikes, I think your story has mine beat. At least we were together so there was strength in numbers. I cannot even imagine getting onto a random van by yourself. Didn't your mama tell you not to get in cars with strangers :-)

I feel tipsy just reading about all those drinks.....
You should have been drinking them :P

That looks AMAZING!
So good. Hands down the best pizza ever. I used to get the prosciutto and melon one on occasion too, but this one has it beat.

Congrats on your 5,000 post! That's pretty amazing :) I love Via Napoli, I've only been once 5 years ago, but I've been trying to go back ever since. Adding arugula to pizza is the best, I do it all the time at my local pizza places. Truffle oil on top of it sounds absolutely heavenly. I read this review while having a slice of pizza myself :)
Thank you! I totally love arugula on pizza too. Love the crunch it adds. And like you in fact we made our own pizzas last night and mine of course had arugula on it. Casey preferred hers on the side with lots of oil and salt :-)

Omg, those nachos from Yak and Yeti are BOMB! i hate sharing so i order them as a meal.
I had them as my meal before too and can't imagine not ordering them every time. BOMB indeed!

Not concerning at all haha
No not at all. Just turn your head and ignore the padlock :P

I was very confused by the arm sprouting from your brothers head at first
I was confused too and then I realized that was Jason's contribution to the photo. Im a lucky girl :-)

That girl in the back is probably thinking "how did I get stuck with these people"
I think everyone who ever has to sit by us thinks the same thing

Those look amazing!! Now I think I should try to add a Via Napoli lunch to my August trip!
If you can fit it in most definitely do. I think it would be right up your alley

Woohoo!!!!!!!!! And it probably took about 4,975 for me to find your reports! :sad2: :laughing: Better late than never ;)
Late or not I couldn't be happier that you did :-)

Awww, too bad Matthew had to leave, but it sure sounds like you all made the very best of his time with you! And at least you still had more Disney days left!
Yeah as a teacher he has a hard time getting time off so we were thrilled he even got to come at all.

Love the TT pic!!! We have quite the funny collection too...
I'm sure we could trade a bunch of them :P

Or what they needed to keep in? :laughing: Maybe the family that was on the bus before you?
I didn't even think about keeping something in. Maybe that is where they were doing the organ harvesting of the family before us :P

Congrats n your 5000th post! Love Via but agree that the service is usually not great.

Wow! 5000 posts- congratulations and thank you! Love reading your reports!

Congrats n your 5000th post! Love Via but agree that the service is usually not great.
Thanks so much!!!

Those pizzas look delicious. We are going to try via Napoli in October. Looking forward to it even more now. :upsidedow
Hope you all enjoy Via as much as we did, the food of course and not the service :-)

Wow! 5000 posts- congratulations and thank you! Love reading your reports!
Thanks for following along!

Loving your report and taking notes!
Thank you. Hope you find some yummy tidbits!

The 3 B's: Beer, Burgers, & Brownies

I've got a pretty short update today, but before I get to that: Happy Fathers day to all the Dad's out there and all those celebrating with their kids, Dad's, or hubbys. We kicked off fathers day yesterday with Casey's dance recital. She took hip hop this year and they danced to Can't Touch This. It was quite the scene to behold, but she did great and of course was completely enamored with being on stage.
IMG_3714.jpg

Now back to the FOOD.

Matthew had left around 5:30 and I woke up to see him off while the rest of the crew slept the night away. Eventually they made it up and Casey was HANGRY. So hangry that being the loving Mother I am, I allowed her to eat my beloved schoolbread I'd picked up the night before.

I'm going to assume this was the usual wonderful yeasty, coconuty, sweet, custardy goodness. But I wouldn't know because she was not sharing.

Her belly full we headed over to Ep-A-Cot for the morning and tested some tracks before Jason and Casey took a space mission to mars, while I with motion sickness had another mission in mind.

They had several special coffee drinks for the Festival of the Arts and I found this one at the Joffrey's kiosk by Ellen's Energy Adventure. While I'm not sure it was worth the almost $10 price tag, it tasted delicious and delivered my favorite combination of caffeine and booze all at once.

Speaking of caffeine, we made a pit stop at club cool for Casey to caffeinate herself up, before we headed out of the park and to Beach Club for one of our lunchtime favorites: Beaches and Cream. We'd snagged an early lunch reservation there that morning and were looking forward to some burgers and ice cream.

We were seated quickly and took the opportunity to enjoy some German beer in this pure Americana place.

Casey of course offered to model our Schofferhofer's for us. If you've never had this or somehow missed me waxing poetic about it before, Schofferhofer is a german Hefeweizen combined with grapefruit juice that sadly has very little alcohol content, but amazingly is just about the most refreshing beer you could imagine. These of course did not disappoint.

Before our entree's we ordered a side of Cheese and Bacon fries, French Fries topped with Cheese Sauce, Bacon, Red Onions, and Garlic-Peppercorn Ranch as an appetizer.
Beaches-and-Cream-Cheese-and-Bacon-Fries-August-2016-1.jpg
I'm sure these would have been wonderful, but as you can probably guess from my photo snagged from the food blog, they never arrived. Our entrees came out in fairly short order, so we just let it go.. But I'm sure they could have been delicious.

Speaking of entrees Jason and Casey & I all ordered the same thing, the Angus Beef Burger with Onion Rings instead of fries.

Not the most interesting of choices, but the beaches and cream burgers are among our favorites on property. Our burgers were cooked a perfect medium rare and they go wonderfully on the pillowy, buttery bun. The onion rings were crunchy and crispy and probably much better than those dang fries I wanted.

We of course couldn't leave without dessert and while I encouraged the crew to finally try the No Way Jose, they were supportive of me and my peanut allergy and instead ordered the Fudge Mud Slide, a gooey, chewy Brownie covered with Hot Fudge, Three Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream, Oreo Cookies, and Whipped Cream topped with Chocolate Syrup and a Cherry.

With all of those ingredients this of course had to be good, but our one complaint was the gooey, chewy brownie they promised was very sparse and hard to find. This of course didn't stop up from eating it all.

Despite not getting our fries, we really do love beaches and cream. Its a fun, kitchy environment where you can indulge in burgers, beer, and ice cream. What more do you really need in life? With our tables in wonderland card we saved $12.78

After lunch we elected to walk to MGM to help work the ice cream off. We were elated to pick-up an extra fast pass for Toy Story and then another for Casey's favorite great movie ride and met a couple members of the disney jr crew before heading back to the hotel.

Up next, grown ups only!

I really want some pizza now!

Glad you enjoy the lunch from beaches and cream! American food is true form!

I've only had ice cream at Beaches and Cream, but would love to try a burger one of these days...Again, love the family pics!

She took hip hop this year and they danced to Can't Touch This. It was quite the scene to behold, but she did great and of course was completely enamored with being on stage.
img_3714-jpg.245466
I'm very disappointed there are no hammer pants in this outfit

Before our entree's we ordered a side of Cheese and Bacon fries, French Fries topped with Cheese Sauce, Bacon, Red Onions, and Garlic-Peppercorn Ranch as an appetizer.
beaches-and-cream-cheese-and-bacon-fries-august-2016-1-jpg.245467

I'm sure these would have been wonderful, but as you can probably guess from my photo snagged from the food blog, they never arrived. Our entrees came out in fairly short order, so we just let it go.. But I'm sure they could have been delicious.
Bummer you didn't get to try these. They look delicious.

Speaking of entrees Jason and Casey & I all ordered the same thing, the Angus Beef Burger with Onion Rings instead of fries.

Not the most interesting of choices, but the beaches and cream burgers are among our favorites on property. Our burgers were cooked a perfect medium rare and they go wonderfully on the pillowy, buttery bun. The onion rings were crunchy and crispy and probably much better than those dang fries I wanted.
Those onion rings look amazing!

We of course couldn't leave without dessert and while I encouraged the crew to finally try the No Way Jose, they were supportive of me and my peanut allergy and instead ordered the Fudge Mud Slide, a gooey, chewy Brownie covered with Hot Fudge, Three Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream, Oreo Cookies, and Whipped Cream topped with Chocolate Syrup and a Cherry.
I can't decide if I want to try this one or the no way jose. Guess I'll just have to get both!

The Mud Slide would have been my choice. I like a brownie sundae. :)

One of these days we'll have to try it. We stay at the BC all the time and never eat at B&C. There seems to be so many other places to eat. :)

That's awesome that Casey enjoys her dance class & that the recital song was Can't Touch This! It brings back a memory from my childhood of the Jersey shore, oddly enough. I grew up in NJ & PA & used to vacation at the Jersey shore as a kid. Since I'm a 90s child, I remember all the MC Hammer t-shirts ($ pants, lol!) for sale in the gift shops on the boardwalk. I was there with a friend & her Mother one year & her Mom agreed to let me buy a shirt that said Can't Touch This on the front w/handprints in certain areas on the back. Of course, the shirt was neon green with pink writing on it & made long so you could tie it up on one side. Gotta love those 90s styles! I think I was like 11 or 12 at the time so to me, it was just a funny tshirt. Haha! I'm sure my Mom was not super thrilled about it when I got home & I don't remember wearing it out much so surely that was the case..

If I can ever manage to tear myself away from my beloved Crew's Cup Lounge for a burger, I will be trying Beaches & Cream one of these days. I go to Crew's Cup often enough that the servers there know exactly what I will order before I say it. :-)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter