Tips on passing time til trip

P

PixieBelle

How do ya'll pass the time when it is just about WDW trip time?

I have 9 days to go and I am about to go nuts!

I have started packing, and I am going to get all my clothes ready. I am on these boards constantly, and just writing notes and lists, and things I have to do before the trip! IM GOING NUTS! IM READY TO GO!

What are some more tips on how to pass the time? :crazy:

I am right there with you -- five days and counting! Just a quick 4 night trip, but we are excited nonetheless.

Honestly, I think that half the fun is just planning and getting excited. My kids are about ready to explode. Our countdown chain looks pretty pathetic now with that few of links!

I have my PS made, gifts from Mickey wrapped and hidden away (for the kids on trip day), warm clothes packed (going to be chilly at night!) and I check the boards (and the Orlando weather site) at least 3 times a day.

Hang in there! It will be there before you know it.

Josh's mom

That is so cute...gifts from Mickey? I like that idea! God, I wish I had kids so I can do that!!!

What a cool mom you are! :)

something that I have done is lay down, relax, close my eyes, and imagine myself flying to Florida, not in a plane, just me. I picture Florida, then Orlando, then WDW, I go to the different parks, some of the resorts, walk around, it almost feels I am there, it is the next best thing at least.

Here's what I'm doing (12 days to go!!):

1) Check the boards several times a day
2) Make "errand list" for the day before we leave.
3) plan outfits
4) getting set with the teacher for my DD's make-up work
5) Make "packing list"
6) check weather websites
7) resist urge to brag to family & friends that I'm going to FL
8) go to work at my seasonal housecleaning job that provides the extra $$ for all these WDW trips we take

If I don't get there soon, I'm gonna split in pieces!

Continue to occupy your time in the days before your trip, with everyday activities, and including some enjoyable activities.

Also get the house tidied up, if for no other reason so when you return home there won't be a big burden of chores.

More Disney tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

9/65 Disneyland
3/75 (World Inn* off I4 near DD)
4/85 (Kon-Tiki* on 192)
'80s Disneyland once or twice
7/94 POR
9/97 ASMu
11/98 ASMu
12/98 (Knights Inn on 192)
9/99 ASMo
12/00 ASSp
9/01 ASSp
11/01 ASSp
*no longer exists

very long past few weeks at work have given me these twisted ideas:

you could drink all the beer in your fridge because you don't want to let it go bad while you are away - and then the drunken slumber should wear off just in time for your trip.

you could try sleeping and resting as much as possible because you won't get much at Disney World - if you are anything like me and my family.

get as caught up on all the housework and projects you can because when you get home you will be too tired and more interested in getting that photo album together.

write up a trip report before you go of how you "expect" the trip to go, and see how much of it comes true. ( I am a big believeer in self fulfilling prophecy stuff!)

practice standing in "imaginary lines" - in case there are big crowds......

So those are short term ways to use your time... what if your next trip isn't for 2 years????
(That would be an awful lot of beer!!!! )

I have 15 days to go! This is my second trip in 3 months. I am MORE excited about this trip than the last! I have checked my packing, added stuff, took away stuff, etc. I am REALLY anxious to GO! Oh, and I also have started a walking program, as I need to be IN SHAPE for a Disney Trip! ;)

I think I read this on these boards somewhere, so sorry if this is a repeat. But in the few weeks before your trip, when you cook dinner at night, make double batches of some stuff and put in the freezer. It's so depressing when vacation is over, and you'll really appreciate the pre-made dinners in your freezer when you get home from Disney.

Start looking for Hidden Mickeys--right where you live:D

Put Mickey Mouse balloons all over the house.

Bake Mickey shaped cookies for desserts, Mickey pancakes for breakfast, etc.

Rent a Disney movie and watch it over and over, until you know it by heart:pinkbounc

RENT!?!?!?!?!?! HEHEHEH you mean not everyone has every single one???????? LOL! Actually I think its a good idea to watch em! I am going to make it a goal to watch the ones that I dont know as well between now and when we leave!

We take the kids out to a local diner for mickey pancakes frequently on sundays! But they arent coming with us LOL!

I know just how you feel--This is the first trip to WDW for my DH and me since our honeymoon -----TEN YEARS AGO! Now we bring our two children with us, and I get emotional just THINKING about how much they will love it. Went to Walmart today to start the collection of affordable gifts from Mickey, and splurged on two Disney CDs for the 21 hour car ride down. Thank you to all the faithful and generous posters to the DIS boards--I have learned so much from all of you, and hope to share upon our return. 19 days to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter