Tips on Parades, Fireworks etc..

PinkPrincess

Earning My Ears
We are going June 17th-22nd. Do you have any tips or suggestions when it comes to the parades, fireworks?? Where to sit or stand? When to get there? Etc...

Thanks​

First I would like to say "I LOVE THE OREGON COAST". We cancelled our trip for that exact time period due to many attractions being closed. I wish I could give you some advise but most of the time we just winged it. It was so crowded in August that you needed to be positioned 2-3 hours in advance. Good luck and have a great time.

Jack pirate:

My trip report tells everything we did as far as arrival and viewing locations last August. Here is a link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=886607

Day 2 and 3 has most of the show related info.

Here is a summary of each:

First, we had four days at the parks and had plenty of time to do everything we wanted multiple times. Working in shows and parades was not hard.

1. Remember Dreams Come True - we saw it on a Tuesday night - and wanted a reasonably good spot in the hub - we got there 60 minutes early and had an excellent view. We were not up close to the castle, but many would say that spot is not best anyways.

While DW and four DS's held our spot, I got hot dogs at Carnation Plaza. We had our (not very nutritious) dinner while holding our spot.

2. Fantasmic - left Remember at 9:45 and made our way out of the hub thru Frontierland and got there at about 9:55 for a 10:30 show. The late show (if there is one) is the better one to attend if you can.

We got excellent spots right in the center about 15 feet back from the water for all six of us. A number of other people came in after us, and even so it was not crowded. The early 9PM show is more crowded, and the dining/dessert package would definitely help more there.

3. Parade of Dreams - we wanted a shady spot with seats - went on Wed eve to the 7PM parade about 60 minutes early over near the Matterhorn between it and the castle, and got seats on the concrete benches there for all six of us. Could have gotten a good spot here 20 minutes before, but not seats for everyone. We would have to sit on the ground or stand.

4. Disney Electrical Parade - got there about 15 minutes before the Wed. 9PM parade and had a fine view in Sunshine Plaza

6. Aladdin - went to the first show on Tue - it was 12:30PM. We got there at 12 Noon, and got seats in the mezzanine (recommended by everyone as the best spot) in the second row back. We were off to the left and not center, but the seats were still excellent.

6. Block Party Bash - we missed this on Thurs because our kids got sick (ear infections) and slept all afternnon - still haven't seen it.

7. Snow White - we went to the 1PM show on Thurs and got there right at 1PM. We got a spot in the far back. Not a huge loss IMO, as this show is not that great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter