Tips for Yacht Club

upbeatred

Mouseketeer
Just returned from five great days at the Yacht Club. Firstly, if you request a King room, after seeing several it was clear that all King rooms do not have a tub, just a shower. Just FYI, I really wanted a bathtub, so they switched me to two queens. The Yacht club is great and super convenient to everything. I really liked the fact the bus stop was right outside the door. The busses were super punctual and only shared a loop with the Beach Club. The new App that has bus times was very helpful. We ate dinner at Yachtsman Steak House and I overheard them tell another guest that you can split a steak. My husband and I split a strip, a salad, and had a side. It was more than enough food and made for a very reasonable and delicious dinner. The bar in the Yacht club has a great Happy hour. The pool had to shut down a lot due to thunder and lightning in the afternoon, but I was very impressed with how late it stayed open. I think it was ten or eleven. The staff were all great and I did not have any issues with the air conditioning at night. It was a great trip, if you go in the summer just expect afternoon showers and plan accordingly.

Sounds like you had a nice trip! We were originally booked at YC for September, but changed to BWI due to a better discount. We've stayed at BWI before so I'm okay with that, but those new rooms at YC look really great!!

Does anyone know if all the rooms at the Yacht Club have been refurbished? I saw a few pictures with rooms that had dark hardwood floors and furniture. Quite nice! Are these newly done rooms?

Yes, all the rooms have been refurbished. The new rooms have dark wood, with blue and gold accents, and hardwood floors. The rooms are gorgeous! We enjoyed our stay there last month.

Thank you so much disny - luvr . We have a garden view and hopefully a balcony to sit on. Do the rooms have a sofa pull out?

1B7AAC16-7F13-464F-A536-A2244D940FB0.jpeg
Thank you so much disny - luvr . We have a garden view and hopefully a balcony to sit on. Do the rooms have a sofa pull out?

I’m not sure if all rooms have a sofa bed, but our room did. I think all of the rooms at the YC have full balconies. We also booked a garden view room and I requested a view of the gazebo. Our request was granted and the view was lovely. Not only could we see the gazebo, but we also had a view of Crescent Lake. I added a picture with a view from our room.

That is beautiful!

We have a garden view room booked for early December, just Dh and I. I had considered requesting a King bed room, but I would really prefer a bathtub so maybe I won't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter