Tips for Taking a 6 Month Old

dolewhipandpixiedust

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! We will be heading down for a family vacation with my husbands family in September for MNSSHP! His sis will have a 6 month old at the time and I need to know all the advice for taking a baby to Disney as that’s the one area I have no expertise in! Thanks so much!

September will probably still be too hot to comfortably babywear for long periods of time (if she babywears regularly).

I think the biggest challenge will be keeping the kiddo cool/hydrated. If she's still nursing, she'll need to remember to over hydrate.

Although if it's JUST the party you're going for, you'll miss the worst of the heat.

Lots of ideas and tips doing a forum search. In fact there is at least one thread on the first page covering this topic currently.
For me it boils down to ensuring the caretakers find spots for quiet time by perusing the park maps in advance and utilizing the park baby centers, understanding the rider swap policy, and enjoying the little moments:).

September will probably still be too hot to comfortably babywear for long periods of time (if she babywears regularly).

I think the biggest challenge will be keeping the kiddo cool/hydrated. If she's still nursing, she'll need to remember to over hydrate.

Although if it's JUST the party you're going for, you'll miss the worst of the heat.
Yea it’s just the party all other times we will be in the room or by the pool!

We did the party last year in early September. Gravy, was it hot! And we live in Florida! Plan for a costume that you can add a sweater or blanket to when the sun goes down. Definitely take a stroller.

We did the party last year in early September. Gravy, was it hot! And we live in Florida! Plan for a costume that you can add a sweater or blanket to when the sun goes down. Definitely take a stroller.
We’re going to be characters from Winnie the Pooh so her consists of just a onesie I will decorate! And we’ve definitely been looking into renting a stroller from Kingdom strollers

Hey everyone! We will be heading down for a family vacation with my husbands family in September for MNSSHP! His sis will have a 6 month old at the time and I need to know all the advice for taking a baby to Disney as that’s the one area I have no expertise in! Thanks so much!
if you are making any ADRs make sure you count the baby even if not eating

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter