Tips for Newbie for one day park plan

Rpsemont

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I have a friend planning to do one day at Universal this week. They will just do one park - not sure if they have decided which one yet. Any tips to pass along? My tips for WDW were 1) arrive at parking lot at least 1 hour prior to Park opening and maybe earlier. If parks open at 9AM, you want to be at turnstiles at 8AM. Then, do your top three rides as soon as entering, even if it means running from one end to the other.

So what similar advice for Universal - and what are the three rides you would do first at Universal (each park) Note: 9 year daughter doesn't do roller coasters. I already suggested eating a late lunch (2:30PM or so) and don't plan to eat on exiting because all the restaurants are PACKED. Instead late lunch, ride to the bitter end, depart and eat back at the condo where they're staying (which happens to be mine :))

TIA
Anne

I was with your advice until this:
"So what similar advice for Universal - and what are the three rides you would do first at Universal (each park) Note: 9 year daughter doesn't do roller coasters. I already suggested eating a late lunch (2:30PM or so) and don't plan to eat on exiting because all the restaurants are PACKED. Instead late lunch, ride to the bitter end, depart and eat back at the condo where they're staying (which happens to be mine "

I disagree. :) Eat an early lunch (like show up around 11:30). Then snack the day away. When the park closes, hit CityWalk for dinner. The parks close at 7 this week. Plenty of time to do dinner at CityWalk.

But, yes, they should get there before opening. They don't need as much time as you say. They can plan to pull into the garage 40-60 minutes early. That'll be enough.

Encourage them to pack light!! They aren't going on a safari! They sell most anything you need. Cups of water are free. They'll get through security faster and they can avoid lockers if they don't pack unnecessary things.

It's also just not going to be so crowded mid-week this week that they need to run around frantically to hit their must do rides. They have plenty of time if they are only doing one park and not trying for Hagrid.

If HP fans, Universal is the side I'd pick. Both sides are great though so it is a hard call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!