Tips for eating out

Jiminy102

<font color=blue>The TF is busy trying to tag peop
I figured with Valentine's day just around the corner many of us may be eating out. So does anyone have any tips or strategies for staying on your plan while eating out and enjoying yourself?

I carry FF salad dressing packets as well as Light mayinaise packets in my purse so I always know I have them to fall back on if the resteraunt does not carry something like that.

Get the salad dressing on the side and use the fork Dip technique to use les dressing and all the taste.

Get water with your meal. You would really be surprised at how much water you can drink during a meal.

order a salad in place of French Fries at a fast food resteraunt.

Ok who else has great tips to share???

Though we rarely eat out (financial situation and allergies make this really hard), I always tried NOT to eat all of my meal and had it wrapped to take home. Made another great meal.

Also, if I know that I am going out for fast food, I make sure I don't' eat alot during the day. I can "treat" myself to a Happy Meal at McDonalds for 10 WW points. I savor every bite!

I always ask if they have veggies to substitute for potatoes. Then I order extra veggies.
I usually love the way restaurants make their veggies...they are usually tender-crisp and not over cooked and really fill you up!

Of course, we're going to Don Pablos tonight and I lose all self control at Mexican restaurants!

Ask them to remove the bread basket from or not bring one to the table.

Order a clear brothed soup (not a milk-based) as an appetizer or first course...it's amazing how filled up you can get on one cup.

Ask for an extra plate when you receive your entree and move at least half of it to the other plate. Next time the server comes around to check on you, ask him/her to wrap it up for you right then. Out of sight, out of mind.

aprincessmom...I like the extra plate idea! I will have to try that!

I order a large diet soda and a large water and the rule is that no food can go in until I finish both of those. Then I ask (the surprised) waiter for 2 more.

I also use the restaurant section at www.dwlz.com and even if my restaurant isn't listed, I review similar ones.

GMTA Momto3! I, too used the restaurant selections on dwlz. Have found them extremely useful. Even for going out to lunch with the girls at work, I will print off a copy of where we're going and take it with me!

Great ideas everyone! I never thought about drinking the diet soda and water before anything else. I definitely should keep the bread off the table as it is my weakness!

If its a chain resturaunt, especially fast food or even like the Olive Garden..I check out there website before I go.

Most fast food sites have nutritional information. I am counting calories, so I decided what I will be eating before I go. Then I know my calorie count and am not as tempted to add this or add that.

The Olive Garden had listing of there healthier foods with nutritional info on some of those.

I am also a fan of the fork dip technique for salad dressing on the side. You will be amazed at how little you need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter