Tips for Doing Atlantis-Paradise Island for Less

Thanks for the response. I am encountering this on Expedia. My guess is that it means no food. Thanks again for the great information.

Thanks for the response. I am encountering this on Expedia. My guess is that it means no food. Thanks again for the great information.
Yeah, Atlantis offers meal plans, but they're not a good value. They're not recommended unless there's a significant discount/deal for them.

OOOOO A zombie thread.
7 out of 10 zombies said don't worry about the food. We'll be glad to have you over for dinner on zombie paradise island.
2 out of 10 zombies said, brains check in, but they don't check out.
1 zombie drooled on us and said go get our families for a much bigger dinner. We assured him we would. We ended the survey and did not go back with our families.

OOOOO A zombie thread.
7 out of 10 zombies said don't worry about the food. We'll be glad to have you over for dinner on zombie paradise island.
2 out of 10 zombies said, brains check in, but they don't check out.
1 zombie drooled on us and said go get our families for a much bigger dinner. We assured him we would. We ended the survey and did not go back with our families.
I took a look before I replied....this is still the advice I'd give today. I've made several edits over the years to update some of the changes since the initial post.

I posted this in the first post, but I thought I should also post here. I was doing research for friends and noticed what good deal Atlantis is in Marriott's new system, especially compared to the Swan/Dolphin.
****2019 Update****
Several year ago, Atlantis affiliated with Marriott's 'Autograph Collection', which means you can redeem Marriott points to stay at Atlantis. These redemptions are quite a good value. You can get rooms in Atlantis' Coral tower for 35,000 per night + $56/night resort fee or the Royal for 50,000 points + the same resort fee. Plus for both of these, if you book four nights, you get the fifth one free.

When you compare those point costs to the Swan and Dolphin, which are both now 50,000 points a night + $30/night resort fee, you can see that the Atlantis redemption value is excellent because it INCLUDES AQUAVENTURE ACCESS. At Disney, you're facing another $50-$100 per day per person to get into the parks.

Last edited:
@GrnMtnMan Hi, Thanks for posting the link to this thread in the Canadian Planning forum. We are thinking of doing our first visit to Atlantis either over this Christmas break or next spring break, due to school and work schedules.

Any tips for when they come out with the best deals/offers? Or do you just book directly with the resort, as it won’t get much better in terms of pricing. There is a 4th day free deal currently but only for travel till Feb 2020 and blackout dates over Christmas break.

@GrnMtnMan Hi, Thanks for posting the link to this thread in the Canadian Planning forum. We are thinking of doing our first visit to Atlantis either over this Christmas break or next spring break, due to school and work schedules.

Any tips for when they come out with the best deals/offers? Or do you just book directly with the resort, as it won’t get much better in terms of pricing. There is a 4th day free deal currently but only for travel till Feb 2020 and blackout dates over Christmas break.
Atlantis is pretty active in putting out various discounts, but peak weeks will almost always be blacked-out. They generally have a mix of 6 month out discounts and 60 day-ish out.

As for getting the best rate, I think booking directly through the resort or Marriott's system will be the best. There could be Canadain agencies that have some exclusive rates, but I don'y have personal experience.

If you're staying for a week, look into renting from an owner at Harborside. Check out https://www.familyfunatatlantis.com/ for some ballpark rates. You might be able to get a better rate by working directly with an owner on VRBO or TUG or Redweek.

Atlantis is pretty active in putting out various discounts, but peak weeks will almost always be blacked-out. They generally have a mix of 6 month out discounts and 60 day-ish out.

As for getting the best rate, I think booking directly through the resort or Marriott's system will be the best. There could be Canadain agencies that have some exclusive rates, but I don'y have personal experience.

If you're staying for a week, look into renting from an owner at Harborside. Check out https://www.familyfunatatlantis.com/ for some ballpark rates. You might be able to get a better rate by working directly with an owner on VRBO or TUG or Redweek.

Thanks for these tips! Especially about Harbourside which we haven’t considered before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter