Tips for day guests

Princess Oliviea

Crazy about Disney and WAY too far away
HI, I've been to WDW many times most of which staying onsite, but the next trip I'm planning, we'll be staying at a friends place in Largo. We'd be going for only 1 day. She said it's about 1.5 to 2.5 hr drive. We wouldn't be going until Feb 2018 with hopper passes. I'm looking for day guest tips, like I said I usually stay onsite and that's what I'm used to, this is new territory for me. I'm obviously a plan fanatic lol. I'm going with DM who's over 55, and I'm 25, we're Canadian, and we're both pooh sized pooh:. We'd be going to AK in the morning (to see Pandora), and MK in the afternoon/evening. I'd book fastpasses in MK. So any tips, hints, or things that are different from resort guests would be appreciated. Thanks

I'd actually do it the other way around - fastpasses for AK, particularly if you can manage to get ones for Pandora, then 4th/5th and so on fps at MK later. It should be okay- just keep refreshing on the app! Feb is a quiet time, of course depending on which part you go (president's week of course being the most crowded time) but you should have good success in getting more fastpasses in MK if it all goes well!

Good luck :)

Have you considered a throwaway room? There's a fantastic thread on it. By booking a campsite and using online check in, you'll be able to book FP at 60 days and you'll have parking fees included! Depending how valuable early FP access is to you, it may be worth the extra cost.

Thanks for the replies.
To Sparkly we're both pooh sized so we're not sure if we'll be able to ride FOP so I'd only be able to book NRJ FPs and we've been to AK so many times really the only thing we want is to see Pandora. We're figuring rope drop and walk fast to NRJ, explore then leave and go to MK.
To biochemgirl, I'm not sure how comfortable we'd be with booking a site and not using it. It's a good suggestion and if we were sure we could ride FOP we'd probably do it but since it's iffy I'd rather not. Plus we're Canadian so booking the site would be price+ exchange + usd fee on the credit card. I'm not sure to us it would be worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter