Tipping

PalVal

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know what the cast members expect for tips in situations such as this...
we arrive in a towncar who has picked us up at the airport. We stop for groceries.
We arrive and the Disney porters help put bags and groceries on a rack.
I go to see if our room is ready. It is not.
The porter puts our rack in storage.
Room is ready hours latter.
A different porter brings our rack to the room.
Who do you tip? Porter 1& 2 or just porter #2.
Porter #2 does most of the work, but # 1 “touches” our bags.
How much do you tip each if you do tip both?

Does anyone know what the cast members expect for tips in situations such as this...
we arrive in a towncar who has picked us up at the airport. We stop for groceries.
We arrive and the Disney porters help put bags and groceries on a rack.
I go to see if our room is ready. It is not.
The porter puts our rack in storage.
Room is ready hours latter.
A different porter brings our rack to the room.
Who do you tip? Porter 1& 2 or just porter #2.
Porter #2 does most of the work, but # 1 “touches” our bags.
How much do you tip each if you do tip both?
Tip both. Depending on how much stuff you have I’d tip between $10-$20 each

Family of 6 here with many many bags, groceries delivery, stroller rental, crib set up etc etc in the first hour we forked out around $70 that was our "Welcome to America" day 😂😂😂

I have had the first person say something like, "This is the last you will see me," which seemed like a pretty big hint for a tip. I don't think that was at Disney, though.

P.S. You didn't ask this, but I will mention it anyway: I did not realize at first that if you use curb-side check-in of luggage at an airport, the people working at that desk are often tipped as well.

Also, many people tip the towncar driver. You may have a different driver for the trip back to the airport, so don't give all of the tip (for both rides) to the driver on your arrival day.

I did not realize at first that if you use curb-side check-in of luggage at an airport, the people working at that desk are often tipped as well
Not only this, but if you use RAC for your luggage on departure days, that IS curbside check in, so tipping is appropriate

I tip both....
I have seen people not tip one or both.
If you would like you can do online check in and will know if your room is ready and decline they help you and carry it in yourself as well.
All options.
If it were me and I had a lot of bags a reasonable amount to the person storing and at least twice that to the one bringing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter