Tipping? who and how much

I always tip housekeeping. They are cleaning up after me granted I don’t make much of a mess. These people work very hard, so I couldn’t imagine not tipping. I usually leave a few dollars per day and then a bigger tip when I check out. I have cleaned rooms and waitresses many years ago and cleaning rooms to me was harder and can be a bit gross too!!

In my opinion, if you are taking your bags to bell services and they aren't picking them up, you could tip just when you pick them up. Certainly not more than $1/bag if they are just storing them and not having to handle, carry or transport them other than having to transport them back to you.
Just a thought. When you bring your bags to Bell Services and pick them up at a resort that has Valet. Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach, deluxe resorts to name a few-the Bellperson and Valet are 2 separate companies. Whereas Bellpersons are Disney Castmembers who don't share tips. Theirs to keep. Valets are a contracted 3rd party. They share amongst themselves but definitely separated from Bellpersons. At those resorts, contractually the Valet has to pull stored luggage to the guests.

How much for Bell Services to bring a grocery order to the room? I think I tipped $10 but wondered if that was fair. I didn't ask them to do it, they actually kind of insisted.

In my opinion, if you are taking your bags to bell services and they aren't picking them up, you could tip just when you pick them up. Certainly not more than $1/bag if they are just storing them and not having to handle, carry or transport them other than having to transport them back to you.
I agree with this. I travel a ton and only ever tip when bags are brought back to me. Same with valet with the car.

How much for Bell Services to bring a grocery order to the room? I think I tipped $10 but wondered if that was fair. I didn't ask them to do it, they actually kind of insisted.
$10 seems like a lot to me, I normally do $3-5 depending on the order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!