Tip for those buying groceries

melk

DIS Veteran
Forgive me if this has been covered on this board, but I think I found out about it over on the DVC board. We faxed our grocery order to Albertson's grocery store last Saturday(I called first and spoke to them about it). We arrived Sunday afternoon and they had it ready and waiting for us. I paid for it, they brought it out and loaded it into the car, all at no extra charge and the man even refused to take a tip. The order was filled exactly as I had ordered it. The whole visit lasted no more than 15 minutes. We will definitely do this again. BTW, Albertsons is right off 417, the road from the airport to WDW. You can see it right off the highway, not out of the way at all. Hope this helps someone!

Hi Melk!

Could you give me some ideas for my grocery list? We are 2 adults and 2 kids .We are going to stay for 12 days ,we have a colapsable cooler.

We want to do the same thing that you did, but...What do you think about Albertson's prices? Do you mind if I ask you how much did you pay? :confused:

Vero :earsgirl:

InLove4WDW,
Here is my list. We were a family of five staying in a villa for a week (so we had a full kitchen). From this list we had three dinners, five lunches, and every breakfast, plus snacks. The price was just under $130, which is about what I would pay at home for the same list.

6 bananas 1 small bottle maple syrup
6 apples(mac or cortland) 4 baking potatoes 1 jar Skippy creamy peanut butter(28 oz)
3 oranges 1 jar grape jelly(18 oz)
1 small jar Prego sp. sauce traditional
1 lb. white american cheese 1 small bottle parmesan cheese
1 lb. baked ham(smoked or honey) 1 small ketchup
1 small mustard
2 pkgs Delmonte fruit cups
2 loaves giant white bread
1 small pkg. sub rolls 1 box Cinnamon Toast Crunch
1 Thomas’ New York Style bagels(plain) 1 bag Ruffles Original potato chips
1 Thomas’ waffles(plain) 1 16 oz. box ziti
2 jars Gerber graduates meat sticks
1 box Quaker chewy granola bars-
1 small pkg. chicken breast on bone
1 box peanut butter crackers-individual packets
1 1/2 gallons skim milk
1 1/2 gallons whole milk
1 dozen eggs 1 bottle Blackstone chardonnay
1 6-pack Budweiser cans
1 tub margarine
1 pkg pillsbury ready to bake cookies
1 lb. oscar meyer bacon
1/2 gallon orange juice (no pulp)
1 small pkg. mozz. string cheese
1 box Aunt Jemima mini pancakes
1 box breakfast sausages
1 small box popsicles
1 small bag frozen meatballs
1 small bag frozen carrots
1 gallon spring water
6 water bottles(16 oz. each)
2 bottles Juicy Juice--apple, punch
Hi-C juice boxes--20
1 2-liter coke classic
1 2-liter sprite
The chicken was a little more expensive than I would have paid at home (about $6.00 for the package), and the wine was about $11.00, so those were the most expensive things on the list. I did check out their website first and kind of got an idea of prices beforehand. Hope this helps!:D

Melk- Thanks! I am seriously considering this, I wonder if Tiffany will stop at that store for my grocery stop? That sounds like a lot of food for $130, thanks for the great tip. Would you be able to tell me the address of this Albertson's? When I looked at their website, their were at least five of them in Orlando, thanks! Tonia

Thanks Melk, great list!! And I think the prices are fine.

TigerLilly'smom, check this link ,the address for Albertson's is there. ;)
Grocery stores

+ Verºoº +

Thanks! I'm waiting for a reply from Tiffany's to see if they can stop there. I did a list from Albertson's site and I came up with $130 also!! Too funny. Tonia

Tonia,
I can't put my hands on the exact address right now but I'm 99% sure it was on Orange Blossom Trail. I'll post the phone number and address when I find it.

Albertsons
12981 S.Orange Blossom Trail
Tel. # (407)857-5666
Fax # (407)857-0132

Fantastic idea to fax your list ahead! What a time saver!

Another idea is to bring your dry goods with you. I did this last year, and only purchased perishables, like eggs, milk, etc. when I arrived. I saved oodles of money, because I watched for bargains at home on the dry goods, such as coffee, tea, condiments, cereal, etc. I packed a zippered bag full of these items; and used the bag to bring souveniers home!

Tiffany is Tiffany Towncar service. This service, unlike Mears shuttle, will make a grocery stop of your choice at no extra cost.

I use Tiffany about 3-4 times a year and although they seem to prefer Kash N Karry you could send them a quick e-mail to see if they will do Albertsons for you. I can't imagine them saying no -

Our driver took us to Kash N Karry and gave me his frequent shopper card so I could take advantage of the sales. It was very quiet and clean with great choices. I was done in about 15 minutes.

TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter