Tiny humans that eat a lot

Clifton Tesh

DIS Veteran
Going as a family of 4 this time. 3 Disney adults (me, my wife, and our daughter who will be 13 when we go) and 1 tiny human who will be 2 when we go.

We've got the DDP because I'm fat and love food (it's the reason I go to Disney). I know the tiny human eats free at buffets (which we are doing a lot of this trip since the kids will be with us and characters and Yada Yada Yada) but I'm wondering what to do at CS meals. The tiny fellow eats more than the 13 year old. Do I need to budget in meals for him or is he covered under the dining plan?

I really doubt he is covered under the dining plan but I figured I'd ask.

He isn't covered under the plan. Since I doubt your 13 year old will share with him, budget for meals for him.

He isn't covered under the plan. Since I doubt your 13 year old will share with him, budget for meals for him.
Thanks, that's kind of what I was thinking. She wouldn't have a problem sharing with him, he'd have a problem sharing with her :p she likes dull, boring stuff and he likes the adventurous foods :)

You could by a meal for him. Or you could split the 3 adult meals and give him a little from each!!

You can age your child up and purchase the dining plan. But....then you are also required to purchase a ticket if you have a package. Much more economical to just purchase him the meals needed when not at a buffet or if sharing doesn’t work

We were consistently able to share two counter service meals for our family of 4 last summer My husband, sons 8 and 4 and myself (also love to eat!!) I would think the 4 of you could easily share 3 especially considering you'll probably take advantage of specialty drink options like shakes and smoothies when available. Plus, you can always supplement with snack credits. You can often use for soup or a side and some of those savory snack credit options are a small meal i.e, pulled pork fries at Flame Tree BBQ.
It's a lot more food than you're expecting it to be.

If you're eating a lot of buffets, is you 13 yo going to want another CS meal that day?

I know my family of 5 was splitting 2-3 CS meals on days where we had character buffets. If she's the lighter, pickier eater, you could get her a Mickey pretzel or other savory snack at the time that everyone else is getting CS meals.

Really, I think you should budget to be paying for CS meals for the 2 yo but be open to the idea that you'll be able to spread out your CS credits among the 4 of you.

Thanks, that's kind of what I was thinking. She wouldn't have a problem sharing with him, he'd have a problem sharing with her :p she likes dull, boring stuff and he likes the adventurous foods :)

Then maybe you buy a kid's meal for the 13 yr old and use the credit for an adult meal for the 2 yr old.

The 2 year old isn't covered as previous posters have said.......I have DS10 and DD....will be just turned 2 on November trip..
We just left today from WDW too....she is still 20 months. We found buffets the BEST option for us! DS10 is picky so it gives him a variety even though he doesn't much at all. DD1 eats a TON and we didn't have to pay for her at all! It helped even it out since DS barely eats....and we had to pay adult buffet price for him. I tried letting DD1 eat from our plates......she just wants too much, she needs her own meal. Have an amazing trip!

I like the snack credit idea too. Last time we went it was a little different, you only had one snack credit but you got a dessert with the CS meals. We rarely ate that dessert and if they allowed us we used it as a snack credit. So using a snack credit might be a really good option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter