Timing-SDMT and BOG lunch

Koda

DIS Veteran
Sunday 8/12, we currently have a SDMT FP for 1:40-2:40 and BOG reservation for 1:55 for our family of 5. Is this doable?

I have been trying to move up our BOG reservation, but no luck so far. Do they offer a grace period of 5-10minutes for FP?

Thank you!

If you tap in for the FP at 1:35 unless there is some unforeseen back-up in the FP line, you should be fine. Mine Train and BOG are very close to each other in the park.

ETA not sure if you were looking for whether that is doable with SDMT after lunch. Your grace period for the FP would be 2:55. I've never eaten lunch at BOG, so I don't know if finishing in an hour is reasonable. I would try to do the ride before lunch, then you don't have to worry about rushing.

I would try to ride before lunch. Tap in at 1:35, should be done riding by 1:50, and it’s a quick walk over to BOG.

You can place your food order ahead of time to skip the ordering kiosks at BOG and try to ride afterward but I wouldn’t chance it. If you ride first you can enjoy lunch, look around the restaurant a little and not worry about rushing out.

I believe the grace period for ADR is 15 minutes but it also depends on the restaurant and how busy it is so I’ve never tested that theory. Cheaper to miss a fast pass window than be billed $10 a person for an ADR no-show.

You will be fine. As others mentioned, do 7DMT first and try tapping your FP+ a little early. YMMV based on the mood of the CM standing there day of. I've had it overridden and been let in 15 minutes early or told to come back in 6 minutes.

The actual ride itself is very short and the FP+ line moves pretty fast. BoG won't turn you away if you're 10/15 minutes late, but I do not think that will happen. I would pre-order your meal regardless. That other line is not fun to wait in!

It will be close, but should be doable. As others have said, tap in as soon as you can for your FP. The FP line usually isn't more than 5 minutes when we have been there. The ride itself is short. Its a vert short walk from there to BoG.
Be sure to pre-order your food, its a much shorter line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter