Timeshare deals

Nsaudra

Mouseketeer
Has anyone bought there tickets through these? It says it a no high pressure sales meeting? I have family members that did it in the past and they keep telling me how much they saved on park tickets. And what about the overnight deals they will make you.

Is it a Disney timeshare or some other company? Perhaps Disney is more reputable, but the rest of the timeshare industry in general has a TERRIBLE reputation as mostly fast-talking con-artists. Would NEVER have anything to do with timeshares again. You are buying an ongoing liability you will have an awful time trying to eventually get rid of and there is really no active resale market. Now there is another dubious industry that has appeared offering to help you sell your timeshare and in reality all they want is an upfront fee and then will tell you after a few weeks/months they couldn't find a buyer.

I went to a timeshare presentation in Orlando about 15 years ago and swore to never do it again. It was super high pressure--first, they tried to seduce and entice me into buying, then when I didn't want to, they started belittling me and my judgment. The second person who talked to me was downright verbally abusive. I got my tickets when it was all over, but they were so slow getting my ride back that I ended up calling a cab. Never again.

We recently received an offer from Sheraton Vistana for a 4 or 5 night stay if we scheduled a presentation. Looked up the resort and it was beautiful. I have to admit we considered doing it along with a stay at Disney (we own DVC) but decided not. Has anyone done this presentation? Was it unpleasant?

Has anyone bought there tickets through these? It says it a no high pressure sales meeting? I have family members that did it in the past and they keep telling me how much they saved on park tickets. And what about the overnight deals they will make you.
Our experience used a different strategy. Did a Wyndham offer for 3 days/2 nights for 149, less a 100 gift card, net cost was 50 bucks. We stayed at Bonnet Creek and then we booked one more night for about 180 I think. So.....3 nights for about 70 bucks a night plus we did have to pay one night resort fee and 3 nights of parking -----80 more dollars total

BUT......the 90 minute presentation lasted from about 2pm to about 5pm. Lots of pressure. But we hit the park in the a.m. and had FP's for after 6pm, therefore we were "prepared"

Rule 1 - it's ALWAYS a high pressure sales situation LOL. They might keep the initial presentation very friendly, low key and all....but as soon as you start declining they bring in the "big guns" to try and make you an offer you can't refuse. If part of the carrot they dangle is a room in their hotel, they will call you at least a couple of times to make you more offers.

We did Hilton Grand Vacations in September because they offered 3 nights for an insane rate, and I insisted that the presentation occur as early as possible in the morning. We got an 8am presentation and were in the lines to enter Epcot by 11:30. The calls were a major annoyance but we had already steeled ourselves for it before even agreeing to book the presentation/stay. You just have to know what you're getting into, and make sure your "No" is firm no matter how good/attainable they make the offer seem.

We recently received an offer from Sheraton Vistana for a 4 or 5 night stay if we scheduled a presentation. Looked up the resort and it was beautiful. I have to admit we considered doing it along with a stay at Disney (we own DVC) but decided not. Has anyone done this presentation? Was it unpleasant?

The presentation I went to was at Sheraton--I think it was called Vistana Village. They offered 2 one day tickets for the presentation, but said if I bought in, they would move me into a two bedroom there for the rest of my Orlando stay (we were staying for a few days at Sheraton Safari hotel). One idea they had in their heads was that it would be much cheaper per night to buy into Vistana vs staying at a hotel, but they thought I was paying rack rate. My hotel room was $35/night off Priceline, though, so no, it was not really cheaper. Vistana Villages was a very nice resort, though.

I'm glad I didn't buy in. In truth, I couldn't afford it at the the time. Years later, for about half what I would have spent at Sheraton, I bought DVC on the second hand market. I sold that DVC contract for about 30% more than I paid for it just this month. Never would have been able to buy a timeshare, use it, and then sell it for a profit with a full priced Sheraton contract.

really enjoy reading all your experiences, I have heard from a few people 90 mins turns into hours. We still might do it though it would save us so much. I'm going to keep watching this thread

My family has occasionally done these timeshare presentations, not always at Disney. In fact, we just did one last year at Hyatt Grand Vacation in Bonita Springs, FL. Nice, cheap getaway, and living in FL makes it easy to take advantage of things like this and explore places in this state that we have yet to see.

It is true that there is high pressure. Some sales people are higher pressure than others! And, the resorts and the sales pitch can be very enticing, especially if you are in "vacation frame of mind", having a great time, and you want to do things like vacation again! It can be very hard to stay strong and keep declining the purchase, but it can be done.

There are two ways we go about this, depending on the feel of the moment. Sometimes, just declining, saying, "no", is enough. Other times, we resort to, "I have to go home and speak to my financial advisor first". The salesperson will keep trying, possibly telling you that the offer is only good that very day, but just keep repeating that, don't offer any extra explanation for them to try to work around, and they will back down when they realize you aren't going to purchase that day.

It doesn't matter if you have a financial advisor, or not, the salesperson will never know. But, it gives you a way out if you aren't comfortable with just saying, "no".

We have been to some interesting places with these deals, and some places we did not care for. As long as you remember to keep the upper hand and make sure that YOU are the one in the position to walk away, a timeshare deal can be a less expensive way to experience a vacation destination.

How do the timeshare sharks react when you show them that you can buy the same thing they are selling for 10 cents on the dollar on the resale market?

Best advice is just don't go to those 'sales pitches', then you don't need to make excuses to leave. Honestly, if a product if reasonably priced and something desirable, you do NOT need high pressure sales people. Such tactics should always make you suspicious of why their product requires such behavior.

Last edited:
really enjoy reading all your experiences, I have heard from a few people 90 mins turns into hours. We still might do it though it would save us so much. I'm going to keep watching this thread

I personally wont ever do it cause my temper would flare and id just end up in a county timeshare. But my uncle did do one at the Sheraton Vista and got his tickets for half price, so he thought. First thing u need to know and ask, what is THEIR price of the tickets. What they do is give u 50% off the price of their disney tickets which is alot higher than buying from disney so ur actual savings is very little. Basically, the tickets ur getn a deal on is through them and they jack the price way up. Example: disney 2 day ticket cost $250 through disney. But through them u get buy 1 day and get 2nd day free so u assume ur saving $125. After the 90 min sales pitch u go to get ur tickets and find out they charge $155 for 1 day plus tax and then only have to pay tax for 2nd day for a total of $200, so u only save $25 for ur time and heart ache. If u still decide u want do it, then tell them up front ur only there for free stuff and no means no and after 90 min, request ur free stuff and leave. If they try to keep u past 90min, tell them ur goin to report em to the florida state realtor board, those timeshare are considered real estate and must abide by laws or risk there license and they can not keep u past 90min and must give u ur free stuff.

Last edited:
You have to decide the value of your time. We didn't do a presentation in Orlando but we did on our first trip to Vegas. It was horrible. Never again. Our time is too valuable.

It is really no different then what other people do to save money at Disney, like I said what is the value of your time. People talk about all this stuff with Swagbucks and watching videos or surveys, I don't. Not worth my time. But I do the Target giftcard deals and my parents won't as they don't think it's worth their time.

So assume a few hours of your time for the presentation, plus at a time that may not be convenient for you and decide what the value of that is.

I remember my parents doing those to try to save money on vacation back in the day. Honestly, with the half a day of vacation they would take and the emotional toll (yes, telling people no 2 dozen times and being berated and judged, etc. WILL take an emotional toll on you) afterwards- I wish they would have just cut the trip shorter by a couple days.

My parents were big on going to time share presentations. The gifts can be pretty nice, and we enjoyed it as teens because they always had video games to keep us occupied -- this was in the days before home game consoles, so video games typically required quarters.

I've done them a couple times, and -- really -- I don't find them stressful. I genuinely don't care what these strangers think about me (they don't remember you 20 minutes later anyway), I know how to answer their questions so the process will move fast, and I'm firm up front about our start time /finish time. Seriously, if you go in knowing you're not going to buy, are polite to the salespeople, and consider it entertainment -- no big deal.

How to finish: Bring with you a printout of the cost of this time share on the resale market.

This is a game you can win.

This is the same package deal we were offered, we decided to take it. I really like your advice. I will let you know how it goes. I have been reading other reviews... I have been told to disconnect the room phone and be ready for all the free gifts they throw at you to go to there presentations. I could not get such a nice hotel for 250 for 4days.
I was going to get a roadway inn for 35. A night and it was dump.

This is the same package deal we were offered, we decided to take it. I really like your advice. I will let you know how it goes. I have been reading other reviews... I have been told to disconnect the room phone and be ready for all the free gifts they throw at you to go to there presentations. I could not get such a nice hotel for 250 for 4days.
I was going to get a roadway inn for 35. A night and it was dump.

I think we got the same offer for Sheraton Vistana that I was considering...I think it was 4 nights and 5 days for like $200 or something in a 1BR there, which sounded like a great way to get in some Florida time. We are DVC owners and did a Timeshare Presentation for Marriott in Hawaii over the summer, and we were in and out in less than an hour. I was a bit offended they didn't try the hard sell, but we did tell them we own at DVC, and we had one kid in college with two others behind them and I needed to buy another vehicle at some point, so buying into a vacation was just not in our plans. It was interesting though. I'm curious to see how other people do with this one.

I think we got the same offer for Sheraton Vistana that I was considering...I think it was 4 nights and 5 days for like $200 or something in a 1BR there, which sounded like a great way to get in some Florida time. We are DVC owners and did a Timeshare Presentation for Marriott in Hawaii over the summer, and we were in and out in less than an hour. I was a bit offended they didn't try the hard sell, but we did tell them we own at DVC, and we had one kid in college with two others behind them and I needed to buy another vehicle at some point, so buying into a vacation was just not in our plans. It was interesting though. I'm curious to see how other people do with this one.

That is because Marriott is a first class operation just like Disney Vacation Club. Most of the rest of the timeshares are scams. They try to sell you something that you could buy for 90% off on the resale market.

Where can you find these deals? We have a down day. Might be worth checking in to. I have no problem saying no lol Also, I know many of these have requirements you must meet such as credit score, age, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter