Timeline for Pixar Pier - new additions?

GatorChris

Not of This World
I've not been checking for awhile so I'm out of the loop. When will the IncrediCoaster be ready?

Also, has there been any word on what else is coming and when? I read about an InsideOut ride, but I didn't hear anything after that. And what about the other rides on former Paradise Pier? Have there been any rumors? Here's some of my thoughts....

Silly Symphony Swings - turn into an UP swing. Just add balloons to the tops of the chains and play music from Up.

Boardwalk Pizza and Garden Grill - turn this into a Ratatouille-based restaurant area. Where they serve food worth eating!

Golden Zephyr - take the worst ride at DLR and turn it into flying RCs from Toy Story or maybe even Flying/Swimming Nemo. I know that's just a kiddie ride, but that Zephyr is lame and no one wants to ride it. At least do something that kids can do since Bug's Land is getting Squashed.

Goofy's SkySchool - while this is a fave among the kids, maybe slap some ToyStory characters on this and make it "Escape from Syd's" or "Fun Run From that Creepy Pink Bear".

I've not been checking for awhile so I'm out of the loop. When will the IncrediCoaster be ready?

Also, has there been any word on what else is coming and when? I read about an InsideOut ride, but I didn't hear anything after that. And what about the other rides on former Paradise Pier? Have there been any rumors? Here's some of my thoughts....

Silly Symphony Swings - turn into an UP swing. Just add balloons to the tops of the chains and play music from Up.

Boardwalk Pizza and Garden Grill - turn this into a Ratatouille-based restaurant area. Where they serve food worth eating!

Golden Zephyr - take the worst ride at DLR and turn it into flying RCs from Toy Story or maybe even Flying/Swimming Nemo. I know that's just a kiddie ride, but that Zephyr is lame and no one wants to ride it. At least do something that kids can do since Bug's Land is getting Squashed.

Goofy's SkySchool - while this is a fave among the kids, maybe slap some ToyStory characters on this and make it "Escape from Syd's" or "Fun Run From that Creepy Pink Bear".
The carousel is suppose to reopen in early 2019 with the Toy Story theme.

There is concept art of a spinner type ride in the helix of the Incredicoaster.

Inside Out is likely phase 2 or 3 of this project. The expectation is that Flik's Flyers will be moved and re-themed based on the concept art and Bug's Land closing by the end of the summer.

I'm just curious if they have anything else planned for that whole pier area. Dressing up one rollercoaster doesn't really make a "land".

I believe the area is being split:

Incredicoaster, Jessie's Critter Carousel, Toy Story Mania!, Mickey's Fun Wheel, and the Inside-Out ride (a re-theme of Flik's Flyers - coming after A Bug's Land closes) will make up Pixar Pier.

Silly Symphony Swings, Golden Zephyr, Jumpin' Jellyfish, Goofy's Sky School, and Under the Sea will make up Paradise Park.

They may go ahead with further changes eventually, but as I understand it that's how it shakes out right now.

I'm just curious if they have anything else planned for that whole pier area. Dressing up one rollercoaster doesn't really make a "land".

For the June 23 opening, the Fun Wheel is currently undergoing a re-haul, and the Lamplight Lounge will open.

The Incredicoaster is for the Incredibles area. Toy Story Mania and the new Critter Carousel are for Toy Story. The new Bing Bongs confectionery and Inside Out ride (appears to be Flik's Flyers) are for the Inside out area. The fourth area is supposed to be a mixed bag and that is for the redressed Mickey's Fun Wheel and boardwalk games. They are retheming all the rides on the back of the pier. The Swings through Mermaid are not being rethemed at present. They are being renamed as a new land. There is a rumor that we may get one more new, yet unannounced ride in the helix near the front of the Incredicoaster, but it is just a rumor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter