Time to prepare for 12/1/2019-12/20/2019 WDW Annual Vacation solo in my wheelchair.

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
Time to prepare for 12/1/2019-12/20/2019 WDW Annual Vacation solo in my wheelchair.

EJIqyTgW4AAXhYc

Because of Disney World resort reservations are filling up so fast now, in the future, I will try and make my Disney World resort reservations at a maximum of 449 days in advance at www.MyDisneyExperience.com.

Because of Disney Vacation Club resort reservations are filling up so fast now, in the future, I will try and make my Disney World resort reservations at a maximum of 11-months in advance at www.DisneyVacationClub.com.

Once I make my Disney World resort reservations, I will start looking for airline reservations at www.Delta.com or car rental reservations at Costco Car Rentals at www.Costco.com.

Time to plan my daily activities for my vacation using various websites:
MyDisneyExperience.com
DisneyVacationClub.com
DISboards.com
DISability forum
TouringPlans.com
BlogMickey.com
AllEars.net
CharacterLocator.com

Go to www.TouringPlans.com and start my itinerary and make a room request form that Touring Plans will send to my resort about 30-days in advance of my vacation. They will also send me reminders of when I can make dining and FP+ reservations. They will also email me updates of park hour changes, etc.

Because some of the Disney World dining reservations are filling up so fast now, in the future, I will try and make my Disney World dining reservations at a maximum of 180 days in advance at www.MyDisneyExperience.com.

Because some of the Disney World Fast Pass+ reservations are filling up so fast now, in the future, I will try and make my Disney World Fast Pass+ reservations at a maximum of 60 days in advance at www.MyDisneyExperience.com.

I just received my Disney Magical Express bus letter with my luggage tag, so I thought I would start a pre-trip report about what it's like to travel to Walt Disney World in my wheelchair and taking photos along the way.

I'll be traveling solo and I'll be using Atlanta's MARTA rail service to get to the Atlanta International Airport since I don't own a car; flying Delta Airlines; using D.M.E. to get to Pop Century Resort.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dates, plans, and information received from Touring Plans and Disney

01/12/2019-Reservation made for Disney Pop Century Resort Standard Roll-in shower room for an average of $138.86/night. Some nights were $128 to $156 per night. But I missed one day by mistake and I had to make another resort reservation for one night because I didn't find out until 180-days before my arrival on 12/01/2019

01/13/2019-Reservation made for Disney Boardwalk Villa Vacation Club Standard Roll-in shower room for 113-points. This reservation was harder because not all of my days were available even though I tried eleven months out at my home resort. So I had to make reservations for those split days that were available and then I waitlisted the days that were not available. Then I had the Disney cast member combine all of my reservations into one reservation.

02/06/2019-Reservations made for Delta Airlines from ATL to MCO and back for $560.60. Expensive, but I had to chose the first-class seat because of my weight. And I save on WDW transportation is free including DME from airport to WDW. With a rental car, it was more expensive at $664.00 even if I returned the rental car when I arrived at WDW and another rental car reservation returning home. I'm old and retired so this is a treat for me using my wheelchair.

05/28/2019-Received email from TouringPlans.com that tomorrow (Wednesday, May 29, 2019) to make sit-down dining reservations. Starting at
6 a.m. Eastern time online at the link above or at 7 a.m. by phone at 407-WDW-DINE.

10/01/2019-Received email from TouringPlans.com that Tomorrow (Wednesday, October 2, 2019) at 7:00 AM EDT will be the first time you can make FastPass+ days before departing for WDW.

10/17/2019-Reservation made for Disney Coronado Springs Resort Gran Destino Tower Standard Roll-in Shower Room for one night at $203.25. It took me this long to find a room since I made a mistake with my Disney Pop Century Resort reservation and I left out one night by mistake. And I am okay with that. Some friends want to know what a wheelchair room looks like and I am curious, too.

11/01/2019-Received email from TouringPlans.com that Success! Good news! Your Room Request for your "WDW 2019 Pop 12-01-2019 Sun to 12-09-2019 Mon." trip has been sent to Disney. (Note that we start sending room requests 30 days prior to check-in.)

11/05/2019-Received Disney Magical Express letter with luggage tag. (25-days before departing for WDW-Mailed from WDW 10/28/2019.)

11/08/2019-Received email from TouringPlans.com that Success! Good news! Your Room Request for your "Coronado Springs Resort Gran Destino Tower R/I Shower" trip has been sent to Disney. (Note that we start sending room requests 30 days prior to check-in.)

11/09/2019-Received email from TouringPlans.com that "Success! Good news! Your Room Request for your "WDW DVC BWV R/I Shower 12-09-2019 Mon to 12-20-2019 Fri" trip has been sent to Disney. (Note that we start sending room requests 30 days prior to check-in.)

11/12/2019-Received Disney Magicband. (19-days before departing for WDW-Maileded from WDW 11/07/2019.)

12/01/2019-Travel to Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport via Marta Rail Service directly inside the airport.

12/01/2019-Arrive at Disney Pop Century Resort for seven nights for an average of $138.86/night.

12/08/2019-Transfer to Disney Coronado Springs Resort Gran Destino Tower for one night. (My mistake in planning not being able to get one more night at Pop. Reservation made 10/17/2019 for $203.25 for one night.) If I hadn't made a mistake back in January, I would be at Pop instead.

12/09/2019-Transfer to Disney Disney Vacation Club Boardwalk Villa studio for 11-nights for 113-points. (Reservations made 01/20/2019, but I had to waitlist until available and search daily until all nights together were obtained.)

12/20/2019-Flying back home from MCO to Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and home via Marta Rail Service directly inside the airport.

Last edited:
I love all of the holiday lights at nighttime at Walt Disney World.

Here are some of the things I am looking forward to seeing at the different parks and resorts.

Disney Magic Kingdom Park

The Christmas Frozen Holiday Wish and Castle Lighting. (disney parks 11/03/2019.)

The Christmas Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks. (disney parks 11/08/2019.)

2019 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Review and Guide. (bog mickey 11/20/2019)

Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Debut at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (blog mickey 11/12/2019)

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Links Info by DIS

2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Guide Map & MANY great photos (food blog 11/08/2019)

2019 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Tips (Disney Tourist Guide 11/10/2019)

21 Tips to Enjoy Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2019 at the Magic Kingdom (mousesteps 11/16/2019)

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Overview with Tips 2019 (mousesteps 11/16/2019)

mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-19-1.jpg

mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-19-2.jpg

2019 MCMCP Guide Map. (DIS 11/16/2019)

Disney Christmas Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. (ResortTV1 11/08/2019.)

https://youtu.be/lRtLj97CDME?t=2
Once Upon a Christmastime Parade - 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. (blog mickey 11/14/2019.)

https://youtu.be/I8Xb1Ttqeco
Disney EPCOT Park

festivalholidayfeature.jpg

2019 Disney Candlelight Processional Info (DIS)

2019 Candlelight Processional Info & Tips (disney tourist guide 10/17/2019)

https://youtu.be/UPraQZoxgto
(disney parks 12/23/2013)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/UPraQZoxgto
https://www.youtube.com/embed/6aRtdXuxkb4(mouse steps 12/28/2012)

Food Guide to 2019 Epcot International Festival of the Holidays. (blog mickey 11/21/2019)

Epcot’s International Festival of Holidays Food Guide for 2019 (kenny the pirate. 11/21/2019)

https://youtu.be/D78z_zgfOiQ
Disney Hollywood Studios Park

DisneyParksLIVE: Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Walt Disney World

Disney Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Holiday Fireworks Show 2019. (DIS 11/08/2019.)

2019 Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM Dessert Party Review from All-New Echo Lake Location

Disney Hollywood Studios Christmas Tower of Terror show.

Disney Animal Kingdom Park

Disney Springs

Christmas Tree Trail (kennythepirate. 10/25/2019)

Disney Resorts decorated for Christmas

Detailed Look at Wilderness Lodge Christmas Tree Installation (blog mickey 11/18/2019)

20th Anniversary Gingerbread Carousel Debuts at Disney’s Beach Club Resort Themed to Peter Pan. (blog mickey 11/23/2019)

Walt Disney World Park Guide Maps for Guests with Disabilities

Walt Disney World also has park guide maps for those that use wheelchairs. So I need those maps to remind me of the in and out when using my wheelchair at the parks.

https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/...guests-with-disabilities/MK_1019_GFGWD_os.pdf
Disney Magic Kingdom Park Guide Maps for Guests with Disabilities

https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/...guests-with-disabilities/EC_1019_FW_GFGWD.pdf
Disney EPCOT Park Guide Maps for Guests with Disabilities

https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/...uests-with-disabilities/DHS_0819_GFGWD-OS.pdf
Disney Hollywood Studios Park Guide Maps for Guests with Disabilities

https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/...inations/animal-kingdom/dak-0719-gfgwd-os.pdf
Disney Animal Kingdom Park Guide Maps for Guests with Disabilities

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!