Time to Pop The Question! Help!?!

Shhcanttell

Earning My Ears
Well it's time for me to get on a knee and pop the question to my girl! Shes going with some of my family (mom from out of state and sister) to the park next week before some of them go on a cruise. LITTLE DOES SHE KNOW I have the time off of work and gonna drive myself to the park and surprise her and ask for to me mine forever. And no I'm not worried theres a chance she'll say no. I think it's the perfect place for us. Sense weve been together weve been to the park at least once a year and this year with our annual passports weve been in the park almost 15 days sense the end of August. We also collect a ton of disney/starwars stuff (mostly those funko pops)

Anyways down to the nitty gritty. My original plan was to have my family take to the wishing well to pose for pictures and then sneak up from behind and then have our magical moment together. BUT the castle is now closed and has a big green wall right up against the castle so now in a week I gotta make all my changed and figure out my next plan.

Any suggestions? It's likely gonna be raining and remember I wanna surprise her that I'm at the park and propose too and try and get that magic moment in pictures and video.

At the Disneyland main railroad station? Either side. Infront of the flower mickey or on the stairs on the main street side. Infront of the fire house sense both or fathers are retired fire fighters and I was on while in the military. Her favorite ride and live action disney movie is pirates of the caribbean. Her family princesses are Ariel and Tiana, loves the little mermaid because she loves Ursula but all the people who are joining us only are getting disneyland day passed NOT park hoppers. So not on by the little mermaid ride.

Congrats!

Personally, I would rather be proposed to when it's just me and my guy and not in front of family (especially not my own), but that's just me. I think a proposal should be a sweet moment between the couple. Lots of time to share with family after she says Yes.

Congrats!

Personally, I would rather be proposed to when it's just me and my guy and not in front of family (especially not my own), but that's just me. I think a proposal should be a sweet moment between the couple. Lots of time to share with family after she says Yes.

Shes mad it clear that shed enjoy it infront of my mother sense shes extremely close.

Don’t know DL, so no real help there popped in to say CONGRATS!

Do you guys have a favorite ride, place within the park?
Since family in on it.. maybe they can suggest too?
Happy planning and congrats again!

Is your family taking pics or are you wanting to do it where a photopass photographer is?

I like the firehouse idea, plus if it's raining you can be kind of inside
Some other ideas in addition to yours -
in circle where the statue of walt and mickey are
the well behind minnie's house
with a character - Ariel, Tiana, jack sparrow if they're out while you're there, mickey or minnie
inside Blue Bayou
inside great moments with lincoln by walt's park bench - has a big photo of the castle hanging above it, too :)

I think the firehouse sounds great, giving the family history! On another note, it's nice to know since she's going with your family she already gets along great with them and is comfortable with them without you being there as a buffer. That is huge, want her to be part of your family. Early congrats!!!!

You know your girlfriend best. If she wants a big public proposal or a quiet moment alone, you'd know better than any of us. All those saying just do it privately..it's what THEY would like, not necessarily what SHE would like. I would have done cart wheels for a WDW proposal on Main Street...the louder the better. DH leading the Main Street Philharmonic or the Dapper Dans while hundreds of enthusiastic strangers egg'd him on. Would have been right up my alley. But I was equally happy with the proposal he did at the zoo....just he and I and a polar bear.

You know her better than us. Have fun. Good luck!

I think doing it on a ride would be special but I know others might disagree. As PP said you know her best so go with your instinct.

I agree that it is all about what your specific girl would like. Does she enjoy surprises and grand gestures?

In private. To me this is something that should be between the couple. Big public proposals always strike me as a "look at me" type thing. Not romantic.

but...instagram!

Honestly, if someone proposed to me (it's happened 4 times) in public with someone videoing/taking pictures, I'd say "no." WAY too much drama and exposure for me. Would your gf like something like that? You should consider it.

Last edited:
I don't really know DL, but since you are surprising her, and proposing to her I would try to find a place that she loves there. If her favorite is POTC maybe try something there.
The firehouse idea doesn't sound very romantic since it's more about your fathers and you and where you worked.
Congrats and good luck!

Thanks everyone for all the input I'm still not sure what I'll do or when I'll be sure. But all everything besides where and when within the park is all ready to go!

As for as pictures we have the photopass so I'll well likely have them involved. I really wish the wishing well didnt have all the castle construction right next to it. I think that would have been PERFECT have the disney flare to it but not around as many people as doing it on main street or right infront of the castle.

This will be done before this time next week. So I'll definitely report back and let you all know what I did :)

I also last min got lunch at Blue Bayou and Stakehouse 55 for dinner. Gotta figure out which one to go with. Im leaning lunch.

everyone goes big and unforgettable, go small but from the heart

Never go big unless
1. She has told you she'd like you to go big and...
2. She's hinted that she is ready to say yes.

Otherwise you're putting her on the spot.

Sounds like the OP has those met. So I post just for others reading.

I don't know how true this is, but I've heard that there are some guys proposing to people they really want to dump way before it's time to pop the question at ball games knowing she'll say no just so she'll leave and he can get sympathy beers.

Never go big unless
1. She has told you she'd like you to go big and...
2. She's hinted that she is ready to say yes.

Otherwise you're putting her on the spot.

Sounds like the OP has those met. So I post just for others reading.

I don't know how true this is, but I've heard that there are some guys proposing to people they really want to dump way before it's time to pop the question at ball games knowing she'll say no just so she'll leave and he can get sympathy beers.

I'm most then sure she'll say yes. Were planning to move out of California (way to expensive) basically across country leaving majority of our family together in about 4 months. One of the things shes mentioned more then once is shed like to be engaged at least by the time we leave.

I'm thinking about at the ride entrance of pirates to do it.

Blue Bayou since Pirates is her fav ride.

After looking at the lunch menu at Blue Bayou and knowing her I went with stakehouse55. Shes 100% a stake lover and we've done Blue 2 Times sense August and both never been to stakehouse. Filet mignon time!!!

If you want to go princess-y, do it at the fairytale hall where you take pictures with the princess. See if the family can distract her while you talk to the CM and photo pass photographer inside. I think Ariel is still one of the princesses there.

Or the carousel ride....

But POTC is great too, especially if it's her favorite ride

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!