Time to go ?

Which is the best time to go Sept or Oct? price and weather?

Hmmm. Well, weather is pretty static in Hawaii at sea level, with winter having a little wetter weather. I would say September should be better priced by a tad since that is considered shoulder season, and October does have a school break mid-month for many.

Hmmm. Well, weather is pretty static in Hawaii at sea level, with winter having a little wetter weather. I would say September should be better priced by a tad since that is considered shoulder season, and October does have a school break mid-month for many.

Shoulder season? Please do tell. Haven't heard that one before.

Shoulder season? Please do tell. Haven't heard that one before.

Most Hawaii lovin' folks I know consider May and September "shoulder season". I would definitely say it's not SLOW season as I don't really know of a slow season in Hawaii since the weather is so static. Often one can find less expensive accommodations and airfare during those months.

no notable difference between September and October. Both months, however, are during hurricane season. They’re not common, but every hurricane i’ve seen during my lifetime (4 or 5 total?) have fallen during those two months.

We were there for 16 days - arriving on September 15th, leaving October 1st. We had a great experience all over the islands both in terms of weather and crowds. We never saw rain once. At Aulani (and the other resorts we stayed at), we never experienced a lack of pool chairs. I didn't price compare at all because we went for our honeymoon, so we didn't have much of a choice for time of year. But I would definitely go in September again. I think the lack of crowds was partially due to school having just started for many. As mentioned, there's a school break in October that may draw more people in. We also believe we got the tail end of summer season weather, with mid-upper 80s and no rain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter