Time to be off the ship...?

We had yellow tags with Chip and Dale so thought they would call by color or character. Neither. We were on the Fantasy in Port Canaveral if that matters? Maybe each port has different requirements?

The same way they wanted the people on the cruise prior to yours off by 9:30 or so. They need to turn the ship over completely, and they cannot start embarkation at all until the people from the prior cruise are off.
We know this. :teeth: It is just so anti-climatic when a week ago they were welcoming us on by announcing our family name. They didn’t call group names like: Goofy group, time to go home, see you later.

We know this. :teeth: It is just so anti-climatic when a week ago they were welcoming us on by announcing our family name. They didn’t call group names like: Goofy group, time to go home, see you later.

Have they done away with the CMs saying bye? I know not the same exactly, but still better than other lines!

We had yellow tags with Chip and Dale so thought they would call by color or character. Neither. We were on the Fantasy in Port Canaveral if that matters? Maybe each port has different requirements?

Port Canaveral does not call groups. Once the "express" debarkation has been allowed off, anyone can follow at any time. The character tags are basically to help find your luggage in the terminal before going through Customs.

Other ports may or may not call groups for debarkation. It depends on how large is the terminal.

Enjoy your cruise!

Correct. Southwest is not a participating airline in Onboard Airline Check-In.

And yes, the "normal" is to disembark when you finish breakfast. You are supposed to take everything with you when you leave the cabin for breakfast and not go back.

So this may be a stupid question, but when you say we have to take everything with us when we leave the cabin, does that include all of our luggage or just carry-on smaller stuff? I can’t imagine having to walk to the ship with all of our suitcases and things that we will check at the airport. Do they somehow collect that stuff and have it at the terminal waiting for us?

So this may be a stupid question, but when you say we have to take everything with us when we leave the cabin, does that include all of our luggage or just carry-on smaller stuff? I can’t imagine having to walk to the ship with all of our suitcases and things that we will check at the airport. Do they somehow collect that stuff and have it at the terminal waiting for us?
You have to put your luggage out by 10 PM the night before & it will be waiting for you by customs in the cruise terminal the next morning. Unless you want to keep your luggage with you , then yes you have to carry it around the ship until you get off

Most people choose to use their service whereby you leave your checked bags out in the hallway the night before. 10PM? I think. They pick it all up fairly quickly. Then you just have to get your smaller carry-ons off by yourself. If you choose, (especially if you are in a hurry the next morning) you can choose to handle all the luggage yourself.

In either case, you need to be out of the room by 8 and off the ship by 9 or 9:30. If you have Main seating for dinner, your breakfast on the last day is like 6:30, so you could leave your carry-ons in your room while at breakfast and then come back and get them. If you are late seating, the timing won't work for that.

If you are doing self-disembark then yes. You will have all your luggage with you.

If you are not doing self-disembark, you will have put your luggage (other than carry-ons which you will keep with you and yes, take to breakfast) outside your cabin by 10pm the night before and it will be waiting for you in the terminal on debarkation morning.

IF you are taking DCL transportation to the airport AND are flying a participating airline, you can do Onboard Airline Check-In where you will put the luggage out the night before with airline check tags and you will next see it at your Home airport.

(If you are not carrying your luggage off yourself, make sure NOT to pack the clothes you’re wearing home. Otherwise you’re going home in pajamas.)

You either leave your checked bags outside of your cabin the night before you disembark (they get it down to customs for you); or you carry it with you embarkation morning. Better yet, if your airline participates in the on-board Airline Check-in program, you can sign up for this service once you board the ship....you receive your boarding passes before you disembark & you leave your luggage out the night before and they take it to the airport & check it in FOR you!

Is there a way to see if you are eligible for the airline check-in program before you board? I don't think we will qualify but I would like to make sure.

Is there a way to see if you are eligible for the airline check-in program before you board? I don't think we will qualify but I would like to make sure.
It's not available at all airports or all airlines, and you must be taking DCL transportation from the ship to the airport. You can look up your cruise specs here: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/guest-services/air-ground-transportation/

For Port Canaveral: "This service is available to Guests flying out of Orlando International Airport on domestic flights (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Jet Blue Airways and United Airlines."

For PortMiami: "This service is available to Guests flying out of Miami International Airport on domestic flights (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on American Airlines, Delta Air Lines and United Airlines, as well as international flights on American Airlines and United Airlines."

NS8VN Thank you for the link and info. I am flying out of Miami on American Airlines. What is confusing to me are the two quotes below. we have a flight that lands between 12 and 1:30 and I am constantly rethinking my debarkation strategy but do have a private transfer booked.

"Earliest departure time from Miami International Airport on Debarkation Day: 12:00 PM"
"Pre-registration is required and scheduled flights must be after 1:30 PM on the day your cruise ends."

NS8VN Thank you for the link and info. I am flying out of Miami on American Airlines. What is confusing to me are the two quotes below. we have a flight that lands between 12 and 1:30 and I am constantly rethinking my debarkation strategy but do have a private transfer booked.

"Earliest departure time from Miami International Airport on Debarkation Day: 12:00 PM"
"Pre-registration is required and scheduled flights must be after 1:30 PM on the day your cruise ends."

The 12:00pm is if you are doing your own transportation to MIA and handling your own luggage.

The 1:30pm is if you are taking DCL transportation back to MIA whether or not you are using Onboard Airline Check-In.

The 12:00pm is if you are doing your own transportation to MIA and handling your own luggage.

The 1:30pm is if you are taking DCL transportation back to MIA whether or not you are using Onboard Airline Check-In.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!