Time required to get from Epcot to GF

Pooh's Mom

Mouseketeer
We will making a day trip to Epcot in March and plan to go to dinner at 1900 Park Fare. I assume that taking the Monorail will be easier and faster than trying to drive. We are trying to cram alot into the day since our guests will only have one day passes and I would like to know how long to plan for getting to and from the restaraunt. Generally speaking.

Thanks so much for the help.

Cindy:D

You'll have to take one monorail Epcot to TTC, then the Resort Monorail from TTC to GF. Time will vary depending on how long you have to wait for a monorail. Actual monorail time (including loading and unloading and stops is probably about 15 minutes for the first leg and 5-10 minutes for second leg.

Then of course you'll have to get back to Epcot to pick up your car.

Another non-driving option might be to park at the main parking lot (TTC) in the morning and ride the monorail TO Epcot. Then after dinner you will just have to take the resort monorail back to TTC and your car.

Thank you for the info! We will be eating an early dinner and returning to Epcot for the parade and Illuminations, otherwise, you're right, we would just drive. Now that I have an idea I can do some math and figure out what time to eat!

Thanks again,
Cindy

I would allow more time than that depending on where you are in Epcot. When we stayed at the GF in January it took us 55 minutes to get from the hotel to the UK area in Epcot.

This included the monorail ride from the GF to TTC, down the ramp, up the ramp waited 2 minutes for the next monorail, security checks, getting into the park and walking to the UK.

It will cut a couple of minutes off on the way to Epcot because you won't be going through the security check but factor that into your time going back to Epcot.

We did the reverse last week, GF to Epcot on the monorail and it took us 30min. but it was not a really busy day and it was at noon time.

Terrific! Thanks for all of the great help. When we were there at the same time a few years ago, there were hardly any people. Of course, there was a tornado watch that day too. Hopefully the crowds will be light, although as a stockholder that can be bad too. ;)

At any rate, I think I'll allow about an hour if the park is busy, 45 if not. I hate to be late!

Cindy :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter