Time from MK to Hoop Dee Do

vanillarum

DIS Veteran
We are planning on doing the HDD for our trip in March. We plan on doing the 4 PM show. We will be in MK that day. How much time should we allow to get to Fort Wilderness? Will an hour and a half be enough ? Thanx.

We are planning on doing the HDD for our trip in March. We plan on doing the 4 PM show. We will be in MK that day. How much time should we allow to get to Fort Wilderness? Will an hour and a half be enough ? Thanx.

Exit MK to the MK boat dock (#3, top map below) about 50-60 minutes before you want to be at the Hoop check-in (lower map.)

MK_Gates_090817_zpsz6xveu0x.jpg

FtW-Settlement-Hoop_090416_zps3d1fjewk.jpg

It's about a 10 min boat ride from MK, then a short walk from the dock. I think if you're at the MK boat dock 30 minutes before you'll be fine.

It's about a 10 min boat ride from MK, then a short walk from the dock. I think if you're at the MK boat dock 30 minutes before you'll be fine.

Speaking from experience with a LOT of trips from MK to FtW/Hoop...
Sometimes waiting for a BOAT to arrive, unload and load, can be a long ordeal,
especially if you "just missed" one.

MK-Area-2Lakes-5Resorts.jpg

I second arriving at the boat dock an hour ahead of time. If you just miss the boat you will have a long wait. Once you get there, check in imm and if you have extra time there’s a shop nearby, as well as the lake.

Plus FW is one of the best places to arrive early with time to kill. The whole settlement depot area is great for a stroll, relaxing on the beach, grabbing a drink at Crockett's Tavern, doing some shopping at the store, etc. It's wonderful.

Speaking from experience with a LOT of trips from MK to FtW/Hoop...
Sometimes waiting for a BOAT to arrive, unload and load, can be a long ordeal,
especially if you "just missed" one.

MK-Area-2Lakes-5Resorts.jpg

Yes, this! We were waiting for a boat to the Poly for Ohana reservations. We gave outselves an hour and we were 5 minutes late.

I've heard that it might be better to walk over to the Contemporary and take the boat from there. Not sure if that's true, though...

Another vote for be at the dock at 3:00.

They start checking folks in promptly at 4:00 (and ring the dinner bell), and you'll have plenty time to get there.

I've heard that it might be better to walk over to the Contemporary and take the boat from there. Not sure if that's true, though...

An unnecessary expenditure of a lot of time and walking.
The Contemporary boat docks are a very long walk from even the Contemporary lobby.

MK-to-CRBLT%20wDock_052715_zpslobtomhe.jpg

An unnecessary expenditure of a lot of time and walking.
The Contemporary boat docks are a very long walk from even the Contemporary lobby.

Maybe that was specifically for park closing or when getting booted out for a party. ???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!