Tim Tracker advised not to take selfies with guests at Magic Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mixman88

Earning My Ears
I just saw on Tim Trackers twitter Disney security advised him to not accept picture requests with guests. I'm not sure if the Dis Unplugged team has been contacted as well? The Dis team is out there visible on social media. They have a big following. Why single out Tim? There are other Disney vloggers out there too? I'm sure the Dis team gets asked for some photos when spotted in the parks. Could Disney be putting the hammer down now?

Last edited:
Must have just been a pissy CM

Since you posted this publicly, I'll chime in.

I have watched this vlogger team for well over a year. Over the course of that time, I've seen he and his wife add new vinyl fences, new EV/HEV vehicles being purchased and many other luxuries being discretely touted. In so much that even my beloved Fox 35 news has pulled them onto the set for a prime time interview (even though I asked for parity and for DU to share an equal spot).

With that being said, I very truly admire the ingenuity and artistic ability that once was prevalent with them, but has now been so saturated to the point of drowning. This has become so abundantly clear to me when I personally witnessed the many thousands of local families looking for some sort of assistance to help pay for their food damages during the hurricane that hit here (specifically Irma). Perhaps the local vloggers do donate beyond what is publicly declared?

This is not a case of sour grapes, but a perspective builder for me. I could no longer support an individual/entity/anomaly that capitalizes (or provides a "service") on a luxury expense for most (I raise my hand as well).

I guess that is why I see DU as a viable company; they have much more overhead and should/are looking at quarterly/monthly P/E reports. But, they are an incorporated entity armed with a solid business plan/model and, apparently, the credentials to justify my support.

Fire away.....

What?? Luxuries? All seems like Normal expenses...Tim has a job plus whatever YouTube income you know (not nearly enough YouTube income to quit your job)
Anyway I'm not really sure what your getting at

Disney does this for anybody that is recognizable. Like when Santa was walking around during the Osborne lights, they either made him leave or like this forbid him from taking pictures with guests. Same here with TimTracker, we see Tim with his signature handle bar mustache in the parks and want to take a pic. I think they also do not allow adult women dress up like princesses. Disney does not want anyone to take the focus off their product, their cast members I think.

I will keep this sweet and simple, as I'm not sure how far to discuss "another vlog" here without violating TOS, and it makes me uncomfortable to talk about that here anyway. However - Tim does work, and while Jenn no longer does, since they pump out extremely enjoyable content - 365 days a year - and I have no IDEA how much time, expense, talent, and effort is involved, but I'm quite sure it's pretty daunting - I believe they are entitled to whatever they have in life. Besides - everyone has the same perogative to watch, or not, as is SO often pointed out here.

Work hard, enjoy hard, IMHO. 'Nuff said.

Must have just been a pissy CM

What?? Luxuries? All seems like Normal expenses...Tim has a job plus whatever YouTube income you know (not nearly enough YouTube income to quit your job)
Anyway I'm not really sure what your getting at

I thought it might be self-evident, but for edification purposes I no longer support their endeavors especially considering I've been subsidizing them when I watched their YouTube subscriptions; there are so many other worthy leaders/beneficiaries.

I have watched this vlogger team for well over a year. Over the course of that time, I've seen he and his wife add new vinyl fences, new EV/HEV vehicles being purchased and many other luxuries being discretely touted. In so much that even my beloved Fox 35 news has pulled them onto the set for a prime time interview (even though I asked for parity and for DU to share an equal spot).

With that being said, I very truly admire the ingenuity and artistic ability that once was prevalent with them, but has now been so saturated to the point of drowning. This has become so abundantly clear to me when I personally witnessed the many thousands of local families looking for some sort of assistance to help pay for their food damages during the hurricane that hit here (specifically Irma). Perhaps the local vloggers do donate beyond what is publicly declared?

This is not a case of sour grapes, but a perspective builder for me. I could no longer support an individual/entity/anomaly that capitalizes (or provides a "service") on a luxury expense for most (I raise my hand as well).

I guess that is why I see DU as a viable company; they have much more overhead and should/are looking at quarterly/monthly P/E reports. But, they are an incorporated entity armed with a solid business plan/model and, apparently, the credentials to justify my support.

Fire away.....
I’m confused? Many YouTube vloggers make money off of their videos. The Trackers don’t just vlog about Disney they vlog about their daily lives so they of course are going to show things they do in their regular lives like buying a car or home renovations.

Disney does this for anybody that is recognizable. Like when Santa was walking around during the Osborne lights, they either made him leave or like this forbid him from taking pictures with guests. Same here with TimTracker, we see Tim with his signature handle bar mustache in the parks and want to take a pic. I think they also do not allow adult women dress up like princesses. Disney does not want anyone to take the focus off their product, their cast members I think.
I dressed as Snow White for one of the Halloween parties, and despite being a plus-size women, I was instructed, when I entered the park for the party, that I was not allow to pose for photos (my costume was pretty awesome). And I dutifully turned down two requests that night. I did kinda wonder if they were undercover CMs randomly checking on certain people!

Fire away.....
What does your personal feelings about them as people have to do with them being advised by Disney security to not accept picture requests with guests?

Fire away.....

I re-read this a few times to see if I was the crazy one for finding it nonsensical. Is this a troll post? Because it seems too bizarre to be real.

What are to even ranting about?
They both have regular jobs and make YouTube videos as a side gig. As lots and lots of popular vloggers do. You’re shaming them for...upgrading things in their modest central Florida home and buying a car? (They don’t appear to live in an ultra fancy expensive house...)

And they’re obligated to donate money to hurricane victims? (You’re assuming they don’t, but why would that matter?)

Yeah, I took the bait.

Unfortunately @Hunterr Haters gonna hate.

I read most of these posts in my break at work not the best job but it pays the bills, and I would love, love, love it if someone would pay me to vlog about Disney - and when I imagine myself doing it I'm awesome lol :rotfl:

I would never hate on another for making a buck doing it, good on them, as all the vlogs bring me joy.

Anyone who earns their own money has the right to do whatever they want with it, like me and spending my dough on a trip to WDW.

Although back to the OP, they don't have to worry about a photo with me, I would be far to embarrassed to ask - if I manage a hi, like I did with Craig and Steve on my last trip, that's about my level or interaction before the nerves kick in and I start talking inane nonsense... :rotfl2:

Last edited:
Weird. We meet Craig and Ryno while at Universal and while my daughter was "starstruck" by Ryno, never really thought of taking pictures with them. Not because they were rude or unwelcoming ( they were awesome and it was hot and I wanted to discuss beer but it was hot) they are human beings and the joy was talking to them. It seems weird though for a CM to say not to take pictures? I mean why is that a thing? Why do they care?

Fire away.....

What other people do with the money they've earned is frankly nobody's business.

What other people do with the money they've earned is frankly nobody's business.
I think the OP may be implying that Tim and his wife are receiving some gifts and upgrades and thus aren't as Homegrown as they use to be. They are in no way less humble but in contrast to the Dis, who seem to just pay for things and review them. Take their vlog for their recent time at Busch Gardens. They received gifts at the end.

I think the OP may be implying that Tim and his wife are receiving some gifts and upgrades and thus aren't as Homegrown as they use to be. They are in no way less humble but in contrast to the Dis, who seem to just pay for things and review them.

There was an implication that because they're successful, they should be publicly donating to hurricane victims.

I think the OP may be implying that Tim and his wife are receiving some gifts and upgrades and thus aren't as Homegrown as they use to be. They are in no way less humble but in contrast to the Dis, who seem to just pay for things and review them. Take their vlog for their recent time at Busch Gardens. They received gifts at the end.

Also, please don't think the DIS isn't writing off everything they do as business expenses. As they should be doing to the extent allowed by the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!